Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband (1248 Views)

Man Discovers Old Naira Notes Left Behind By His Grand Dad For Them / Who Will You Obey! DAD OR PARTNER? / Your Dad Or Your Husband: Wives, Who Would You Obey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by CBNempire: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
Question for the ladies
Am not married, but I happen to have a much older friend who is married with kids.
The thing is...he has the least regard for his wife, but an excellent dad to his kids.
You can slap his wife and he will not raise a finger, but touch his kids (especially his son) and he will come after you with everything he has - physically, financially and spiritually.
Now my question goes like this....
An excellent husband and a bad father to your kids or An excellent father and a bad husband.
Which would you prefer in a situation where you can't have it both ways?
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by MRBrownJ: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
as a man , i can tell you categorically there should be no compromise here.... a good DAD/HUSBAND or nothing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
I prefer an excellent dad, a miserable husband is the one who can be more easily replaced. winkgrin

1 Like

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by byvan03: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
You can always replace a bad husband, a dad you cannot. Know that every good husband makes a good dad but some good dads can't make good husbands.

5 Likes

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Quintee(f): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
I think an excellent husband has a very high tendency of being an excellent dad to his kids.
Just my thought anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
MRBrownJ:
as a man , i can tell you categorically there should be no compromise here.... a good DAD/HUSBAND or nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by cococandy(f): 7:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
I'll chose a good husband. It is encompassing. Being a good husband implies that he will be a good dad too.
You can't separate a good husband from a good dad.
You can't qualify as a good husband without first being a good dad.

4 Likes

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by EfemenaXY: 7:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Definitely good husband.

There's no way an excellent husband will be a rubbish dad.

1 Like

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
what MRBrownJ said.
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by MRBrownJ: 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Mindfulness:
I prefer an excellent dad, a miserable husband is the one who can be more easily replaced. winkgrin

byvan03:
You can always replace a bad husband, a dad you cannot. Know that every good husband makes a good dad but some good dads can't make good husbands.

may i ask: since kids copy their parents, how can any man be considered a "good" dad if teaching their kids thats its ok to ill treat mama?! a bad husband ultimately becomes a bad role model for their kids (aka a bad dad).

1 Like

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by byvan03: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
MRBrownJ:

may i ask: since kids copy their parents, how can any man be considered a "good" dad if teaching their kids thats its ok to ill treat mama?! a bad husband ultimately becomes a bad role model for their kids (aka a bad dad).

Parents are not perfect but most still love their kids and truly care about them. Their relationship with spouses is a story for another day. It might influence the kids negatively but at least they know that he still loves and treats them well regardless . What constitutes ill treatment differs from person to person, most the kids might not notice if it is subtle; the type that only the woman can tell.
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by MRBrownJ: 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
byvan03:
Parents are not perfect but most still love their kids and truly care about them. Their relationship with spouses is a story for another day. It might influence the kids negatively but at least they know that he still loves and treats them well regardless . What constitutes ill treatment differs from person to person, most the kids might not notice if it is subtle; the type that only the woman can tell.

so you believe that being good towards a child is the only thing that is required to be considered a good dad?! and however that chid is raised (whether good or bad) is irrelevant to this "good father" status?

- if i am a good dad but teaches my kids "with love" to hate mummy and her family, am i still a good dad?!
- if i am a good dad but teaches my kids "with love" that hate/violence towards women, any religion or any race is "ok". am i still a good dad?
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by byvan03: 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
MRBrownJ:

so you believe that being good towards a child is the only thing that is required to be considered a good dad?! and however that chid is raised (whether good or bad) is irrelevant to this "good father" status?

- if i am a good dad but teaches my kids "with love" to hate mummy and her family, am i still a good dad?!
- if i am a good dad but teaches my kids "with love" that hate/violence towards women, any religion or any race is "ok". am i still a good dad?

No strength for to and fro, whatever you say is right smiley.
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 20, 2016
MRBrownJ:

I wouldn't stay or even better get married to a miserable husband so the question is quite irrelevant. Besides I haven't taken the thread seriously anyway as I didn't have to choose between either or and I believe that nobody has since we ALL have plenty of options. That's the beauty of life. wink
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by PresVA: 8:10am On Jun 20, 2016
CBNempire:
Question for the ladies
Am not married, but I happen to have a much older friend who is married with kids.
The thing is...he has the least regard for his wife, but an excellent dad to his kids.
You can slap his wife and he will not raise a finger,
but touch his kids (especially his son) and he will come after you with everything he has - physically, financially and spiritually.
Now my question goes like this....
An excellent husband and a bad father to your kids or An excellent father and a bad husband.
Which would you prefer in a situation where you can't have it both ways?
how could you even classify your friend as an "excellent" dad?
You think all it takes to be an "excellent" dad is to be overprotective of your kids...pampering sorta?

You think the 'hostile' environment you and your wife operates doesn't influence the kids? Or they don't see how you disrespect each other? The best way of teaching kids is living by example. ..if husband and wife live 'happily', it will naturally pass down to their kids...

Sorry, a husband as 'horrible' as the one you described who wouldn't even mind outsiders "slapping" his wife, can never be classified as an "excellent" dad.. IMO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by HaneefahRN(f): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
What sort of question is that? Of course a good husband will always make a good dad.

How will someone who slaps his wife and doesn't even mind his wife being molested by outsiders make a good dad or is it by dropping money for upkeep or being overprotective? You think his children would be happy seeing him treat their mom like dirt? They are watching, he'll be shocked the way they'll deal with him when the time comes. The parents are suppose
d to be a role model to their kids, a poor husband can never be a good dad.

1 Like

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
HaneefahRN:
What sort of question is that? Of course a good husband will always make a good dad.

How will someone who slaps his wife and doesn't even mind his wife being molested by outsiders make a good dad or is it by dropping money for upkeep or being overprotective? You think his children would be happy seeing him treat their mom like dirt? They are watching, he'll be shocked the way they'll deal with him when the time comes. The parents are suppose
d to be a role model to their kids, a poor husband can never be a good dad.

False.

Vice versa also false.

The presence of one does not mean the other.
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
A good husband will make a good dad for the simple reason that he will want his wife to be happy so he will do whatever it takes even if that includes learning to be a good dad.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by KangaIye: 6:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Their is no crime in becoming both

1 Like

Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by Mopricelezz(f): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2016
An excellent husband will definitely make an excellent dad. So an excellent husband it is
Re: Excellent Dad Or An Excellent Husband by sandiyke(f): 10:07am On Jun 25, 2016
An excellent husband does not necessarily mean an excellent dad.

There is this couple in my church, you can literally see the love between them but the man and his 7 year old daughter don't have a father and daughter relationship between them.

He hates this little girl and even accused her of being responsible for his wife's predicament(she had a hip dislocation during the delivery of that little girl).

In all, I think i wish for the both.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shoocking:what I See In Kids Cartoon / 25mm Aluminum Venetian Window Blind / I Saw A Shooting Star And My Wish Come To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.