Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop (26215 Views)

Ambode Is Building Pedestrian Bridge At Magodo-Alausa Secretariat Bus-stop / Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Driver Becomes Unconscious After Road Chase With Police Operatives In Delta.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by iamVirus(m): 7:11pm On Jun 19, 2016

4 RRS operatives of the Lagos State Police Command early this morning sustained serious injuries while on operation when an over-speeding KIA RIO belonging to a hired car operator rammed into their vehicle near Ogudu Bus Stop.
The RRS men were on duty point patrolling along Ogudu-Alapere axis, inspecting the Light Up Lagos Project facilities, when the accident occurred at about 12:06 am on Sunday.
According to the information gathered at the scene of accident, RRS men were driving when a KIA Rio with lone occupant on a high speed rammed into them from behind.
An eyewitness who was at the scene of the incident and later conveyed the injured to Lagos State Teaching Hospital (LASUTH), Ikeja for treatment.
“The RRS vehicle was going slowly on the road because they were monitoring the Light Up Lagos Project facilities when the KIA Rio on top speed from Lagos Island towards Alapere rammed into the RRS Ford car with registration number RRS 068 LA, thereby bundling it and the officers into a nearby ditch. Four officers of the RRS were seriously injured including the driver of the car in the accident.
As at the time of writing this report, three of the RRS operatives have been discharged from the hospital, while one along with the driver of the speeding vehicle is expected to be discharge later in the day.
Further investigation into the identity of the KIA Rio driver revealed that he just started the car hire services on Friday after leaving the services of a truck driving firm.
It would be recalled that vandals have been ceaselessly tampering with Light Up Lagos cables before the commissioning of the project in April. One Lucky Udeagwu was arrested with a 35 meter long cable meant for the project in Ogudu.
In May, RRS operatives again arrested another suspect, Obaji Christopher, for cutting the project cable at the Ogudu axis. These informed the constant monitoring of the area by the operatives, particularly at night.

Source: http://timenaija.com/photos-four-rapid-response-squad-operatives-escape-death/
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by iamVirus(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
I thank God they're doing fine

2 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Apelex(m): 7:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thank God for thier life's...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by ojun50(m): 7:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thank God for the lifes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by okolichibuzor(m): 7:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
They have learn there lesson.... what goes around turns around. Am happy for there life.

1 Like

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by divinehand2003(m): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
That Kia Rio driver must have serious beef with the police oooo
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef?

Anyway, thank God for their lives. They should put reflective stickers on their patrol vehicles and vans.

Evening don come to light up the streets shocked

4 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by sexaddict08(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2016
this June is scary truly

1 Like

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by MrCow(m): 7:56am On Jun 20, 2016
The guy no send, hin just press am to the fullest like say na truck him dey drive

choi

8 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by zicoraads: 7:57am On Jun 20, 2016
I can't believe am saying this...but why sell the cables only to steal them? grin

Chair...Name Checkers Association cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by ademoladeji(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
Overspeeding kills n destroys just like Boko Haram and Cultism. Please SHUN it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
zicoraads:
I can't believe am saying this...but why sell the cables only to steal them? grin
Chair...Name Checkers Association cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Olukokosir(m): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
First news I read today na accident news on nairaland ...oluwa ....protect me dz wik, month nd year nd many yrs to cum

1 Like

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by mccoy47(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Ppl just moving to and fro, seeking whom yo destroy!
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by powerfulsettingz: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Amy God safe us oooo
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by powerfulsettingz: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
May God safe us oooo
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by DaBullIT(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
Speed kills

But slowing down also kills

I hope they weren't illegally parked on the road

Nnot saying they deserved to be hit , i am saying if that rio was speeding he's probably thought the road was free

2 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Beehshorp(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
The person wey get dis Kia should just go and die.. Cos when he comes awt from hospital na yawa him dey o
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by iaamxavier(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Lagos drivers tufia!! I can't even cross a road in lag I'll just be using one mind to cross cuz ull see one vehicle pop out from thin air
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Laycan(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
tank God for there life ......I rep YOLOBA
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by martineverest(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
serves him right...Thank God for his life......he learnt his lessons in wrong way.despite our bad roads,nigerians wont desist from overspeeding
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by kay29000(m): 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
hmm
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by tellwisdom: 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
Is this news? sad
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by onosprince(m): 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Jreserved(m): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2016
12:06am and the car was crawling. I hope they made use of their double traffic indicator if not, the driver of the Kia shouldn't be blamed to much. Quick recovery to them as well.
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by thorpido(m): 8:04am On Jun 20, 2016
The driver go still hear am.
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by AKMoney1(m): 8:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Na wa ooo, some comments for here no be am at all... Why people dey mess up this early morning na? lipsrsealed

Anyway, I'm off to market. Business is booming. grin

2 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by iaamxavier(m): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2016
Laycan:
tank God for there life ......I rep YOLOBA

who brown loof epp? undecided

1 Like

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by Qmerit(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2016
It is too early to cry and say RIP!
Thank God no life was lost!
Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by ruffcoin99(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2016
They won't stay in their village...You know what i'm talking about, if you are part of them in lagos, you know yourself .

It would be recalled that vandals have been ceaselessly tampering with Light Up Lagos cables before the commissioning of the project in April. One Lucky Udeagwu was arrested with a 35 meter long cable meant for the project in Ogudu.
In May, RRS operatives again arrested another suspect, Obaji Christopher, for cutting the project cable at the Ogudu axis. These informed the constant monitoring of the area by the operatives, particularly at night.

10 Likes

Re: Rapid Response Squad Operatives In Accident Near Ogudu Bus Stop by pol23: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2016
Incomplete Story....
RRS inspecting lighting project.
How does that sound?
True Story.
RRS chasing the Kia, it's what they do everyday.
Illegal pursuit.
Come see them for Lekki-Epe Express way.
RRS should protect and not pursue their private purse...

Note: How ll you ve been driving on a highway at that time of the night.... let's the other part of this story.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kemi Filani Tours Ibadan Zoo And Agodi Gardens (photos) / Photo: Stranded Commuters Trek In Lagos / Passengers Survive An Accident Involving Cows. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.