Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? (1515 Views)

CBN: Anambra Has The Potentials To Be Food-basket Of Nigeria & African Continent / Fulani Herd-boy Seen Studying His Books While Out With ‘his’ Cows For Grazing / Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by MayorofLagos(m): 5:36am On Jun 20, 2016
By Vincent Ujumadu

Awka—THE people from Nawfia in Njikoka local government area of Anambra State have appealed to the state governor, Chief Willie Obiano to intervene on behalf of the community over alleged confiscation of their communal land by some officials in the ministry of lands and the state Housing Corporation, with the connivance of some indigenes of the town.

The people said they were initially given the impression that the land was acquired by the Nigerian Army for the construction of a housing estate, adding, however, that their investigations showed that the hierarchy of the Army was not aware of any military housing estate in Anambra State.

Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra State

Chairman of Urualor/Umuejimofor Village Association, one of the villages that own the land, Mr. Chukwuma Obunneme, said hundreds of economic trees in the over 100 hectares of land have been destroyed, and the entire area was being fenced by the speculators without the consent of the people and without paying any compensation.

Obumneme said they were surprised when they went to harvest their crops in the area early this year to see some soldiers brandishing arms and warning them not to step into the land again.

Waving placards and marching along the Enugu –Onitsha expressway with inscription such as “Save us from Nigerian Army invasion please”, “No compensation, no land”, “Army leave our land alone”, “Governor Obiano rescue Nawfia people from Nigerian Army”, “Stop destroying our economic trees”, “This land provides our only source of income”, and “Where do you want our children to live?”, the people believed that only Governor Obiano’s intervention would make the people concerned to vacate from Nawfia land.

He said: “While we were wondering who might have illegally entered our land, the next thing we saw was a military signpost and since then, they have not allowed us to enter our land.

They have destroyed all the crops in the farms, including cassava, yams and plantain and cut down all the palm trees and raffia palms. Most of our women who go to the farm daily have been crying as they are no longer allowed to enter their farms.”

Also speaking, the chairman of Urukpaleri Village, Chief Anthony Nwinyi, whose village also owns a section of the land said that when his people noticed what was going on, he personally went to the headquarters of the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army in Enugu.

He added that even though the GOC informed him that he did not know anything about the military presence there, soldiers have continued to occupy the area on daily basis.

Nwinyi said: “In my presence, the GOC signaled the Onitsha Military Cantonment who also said that he did not know anything about it. The GOC told me that it is not possible for the Army to have two formations in a state and advised me to go to the state government.

“After briefing my people, they asked me to go to the Ministry of Lands, Awka and the officials directed me to the Anambra State Housing Corporation. At Housing Corporation, they called one Sunday Odumegwu, who is from our town and he claimed that compensation for the land had been fully paid when the corporation acquired the site for the proposed Liberation Estate in the Capital Territory.”

http://news.bestnaira.com/posts/view/anambra-community-protests-alleged-confiscation-of-land
Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmm,
Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:01am On Jun 20, 2016
I don't believe this news, fg or whosoever can't acquire your land without the state government knowledge.
Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by DaBullIT(m): 6:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Liar lie Lie-NUS

A little birdie told me the land is for an estate

and even if it's true That FG siezed the land for grazing field

it won't rain fire or brimstones

Literally , You've been Fvcked !!
Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by omenka(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2016
DaBullIT:
Liar lie Lie-NUS

and even if it's true , That's what we call federal government
Besides, it won't rain fire or brimstones
So literally , You've been Fvcked !!
cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Some people have sold their conscience. Eg the two guys above me

6 Likes

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by asha90: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Graze ko! Graze ni!

Parcel of land that government acquired for an upscale estate is what they are here shouting grazing land. Come and take grazing land if you want it.

The land was even acquired during Ngige administration, now investors/developers have moved into the land for physical development.

3 Likes

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by slyzy(m): 6:33am On Jun 20, 2016
I don't understand o. What is Liberation Estate?

Don't snatch pples' land and be covering up with semantics or feigning u all don't know what is happening.

1 Like

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by AntiWailer: 6:34am On Jun 20, 2016
asha90:
Graze ko! Graze ni!
Parcel of land that government acquired for an upscale estate is what they are here shouting grazing land. Come and take grazing land if you want it.

You know they have to hide under something to make their marginalisation claim.

Infact some were marginalised shaking the President.

1 Like

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by Nature8(m): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2016
The question now is "Who and where did they pay the compensation?"

1 Like

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by Britboy(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2016
Vshock:
Some people have sold their conscience. Eg the two guys above me
Those two guys are cringeworthy and a disgrace to the human race.
Their stupidity beggars belief!
Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by obailala(m): 8:48am On Jun 20, 2016
But why should lands be taken without due compensation?... shouldnt there be a law or due process covering this?.... The fear of grazing reserves though, even a fenced land is now regarded as grazing route. grin

1 Like

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 20, 2016
This is an outrage

Why are they trying to turn iboland to cattle ranch …?

1 Like

Re: Land In Anambra Has Been Confiscated. Is This For Grazing, What's Going On? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 20, 2016
Britboy:

Those two guys are cringeworthy and a disgrace to the human race.
Their stupidity beggars belief!
some times I use to wonder if those guys are human.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Hits 3,000,000 Topics Today. / Obiano Receives Abdusalami Abubakar In Awka- Pictures / Dora Akunyili's Other Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.