Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Before You Resign, See This!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before You Resign, See This!!! (32095 Views)

Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? / Most Loved, Two Official Cars, Then Mysteriously Asked To Resign / Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
I know a lot of people who wish that they can set up their own business and become a Business owner as fast as possible,..
You may have heard alot of White men giving Inspirational speeches and you may probably have read a lot of Inspirational Books... BUT
This is NIGERIA where uncertainties is the bedrock of the day and The government is not even helping matters. I am not trying to be a CHICKEN LITTLE but am just trying to open up your eyes on what you need to know that will keep you even when the going becomes tough.

Here are the TIPS:

1) Are you motivated?: This can come in form of another question, such as..."What is your motivation"?. The power to withstand, The Zeal to succeed and the Dynamism to accept pressure and criticism.

2) What do I Love doing?: The moment you venture into a business you dont like, that is the day you will see Hell on Earth(I don't want to sound negative) but that is the truth. I discovered I loved teaching, so the moment a school was handed over to me, all i needed was just to gain some leadership and Managerial skill, and it completed the Missing link.... This leads me to point 3.

3) Know your deficiencies: No one is perfect and that stimulates that we all have something that we don't have (You understand)?.. let me explain.. I might be a genius academically, know all the principles of macro economics, but if I am to head a company today, and i don't have Managerial and Leadership skills, it is going to be a failed project. You Understand now? So before you write that resignation letter, make sure you have blocked all loop holes... Which also includes the 4th point.

4) Know your Game: Tomato is scares, I might want to enter the tomato business but I don't know anything about the business, tell me....
Do i have a higher chance of Making it? definitely NO!..
You might want to take some time out while still in your present Job and research about Tomatoes, Know how to get funds, know the CABALS in the game, know every link from the Buying to the selling. Same applies to other businesses you want to start up. Once all this is complete, Jump into NO 5...

5) Just do it: What are you waiting for?, the right time? it may never come.
The Huge capital, They may never give you a loan
The resources? while waste time when you can import resources. Simply using other people to achieve your own goal(NOT EXPLOITING). never wait for a perfect opportunity, it may never come... Go ahead and start winning!!

Just Do IT!! and success is yours..

Written by Miss refiner(Business owner)

51 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Elposeidon(m): 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Miss Business herself... Nice one....

5 Likes

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by BoboFashion(m): 1:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
refiner:
I know a lot of people who wish that they can set up their own business and become a Business owner as fast as possible,..
You may have heard alot of White men giving Inspirational speeches and you may probably have read a lot of Inspirational Books... BUT
This is NIGERIA where uncertainties is the bedrock of the day and The government is not even helping matters. I am not trying to be a CHICKEN LITTLE but am just trying to open up your eyes on what you need to know that will keep you even when the going becomes tough.

Here are the TIPS:

1) Are you motivated?: This can come in form of another question, such as..."What is your motivation"?. The power to withstand, The Zeal to succeed and the Dynamism to accept pressure and criticism.

2) What do I Love doing?: The moment you venture into a business you dont like, that is the day you will see Hell on Earth(I don't want to sound negative) but that is the truth. I discovered I loved teaching, so the moment a school was handed over to me, all i needed was just to gain some leadership and Managerial skill, and it completed the Missing link.... This leads me to point 3.

3) Know your deficiencies: No one is perfect and that stimulates that we all have something that we don't have (You understand)?.. let me explain.. I might be a genius academically, know all the principles of macro economics, but if I am to head a company today, and i don't have Managerial and Leadership skills, it is going to be a failed project. You Understand now? So before you write that resignation letter, make sure you have blocked all loop holes... Which also includes the 4th point.

4) Know your Game: Tomato is scares, I might want to enter the tomato business but I don't know anything about the business, tell me....
Do i have a higher chance of Making it? definitely NO!..
You might want to take some time out while still in your present Job and research about Tomatoes, Know how to get funds, know the CABALS in the game, know every link from the Buying to the selling. Same applies to other businesses you want to start up. Once all this is complete, Jump into NO 5...

5) Just do it: What are you waiting for?, the right time? it may never come.
The Huge capital, They may never give you a loan
The resources? while waste time when you can import resources. Simply using other people to achieve your own goal(NOT EXPLOITING). never wait for a perfect opportunity, it may never come... Go ahead and start winning!!

Just Do IT!! and success is yours..

Written by Miss refiner(Business owner)

cc: lalasticlala

Nice one,dear... you're the ONE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
I love your business sense, keep up the work...
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 1:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
I love your business sense, keep up the work...

Hope it is working for you now?... i KNOW so
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Olakunle007(m): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
That's awesome! I just like the arrangements. It will surely be of help to whoever wants to venture into business.
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Marvel1206: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
On point
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by agarawu23(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
[s]
ElGrande:
ha ha ha ha ha

I read somewhere that team lanicky had the worst team but they were wrong.. This is the worst team. So pathetic

Most people will see behind this silly excuse of a campaign grin you should have done this a long time ago na!... undecided

Team mimzy and Team ivvy are way better at campaigning than you guys... I like refiner but her team is useless . Sorry

Goodluck sha grin
[/s]i

1 Like

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by NwaNimo1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
I better open a drinking and pepper soup joint then.....actually I'd rather remain in this job that I hate that pays well

2 Likes

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by sukkot: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
hmm
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by MrAboki: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Who get Lighter for hia?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
NwaNimo1:
I better open a drinking and pepper soup joint then.....

Not Bad... Keep up with the hard work, you will surely succeed...

I am refiner.
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
ElGrande:
ha ha ha ha ha

I read somewhere that team lanicky had the worst team but they were wrong.. This is the worst team. So pathetic

Most people will see behind this silly excuse of a campaign grin you should have done this a long time ago na!... undecided

Team mimzy and Team ivvy are way better at campaigning than you guys... I like refiner but her team is useless . Sorry

Goodluck sha grin
grow up son angry

2 Likes

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
MrAboki:
Who get Lighter for hia?

Please contribute....
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by deebsman1(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
All we r saying, give us money to do biz

1 Like

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by MrAboki: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
refiner:

Please contribute....

How Much?

1 Like

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
MrAboki:

How Much?

lol... dont worry cheesy
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
deebsman1:

Space booker... tongue tongue

#YesWeCan
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by skillet(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hahahaha. Copied and pasted.

1 Like

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by iykekelvins(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nice one
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by nairamaverick(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nice campaign strategy! Very brilliant I must commend you and your team.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by labamo07(m): 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
op did you tell them to find where their passion is and make research in to the field. Understanding the nitty gritty of the business. Seek mentorship, think of growing organically rather than exponential. We always assume business grow overnight to start making profit. Tell them to grow the balls for frustration, hence build an entrepreneurial mind...........
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
deebsman1:
All we r saying, give us money to do biz

Think of innovative ways to raise fund... Start from a small business, watch it grow and see the wonders.

Rome was not built in a day...

check my siggy dear smiley
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by ournaijablog(f): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
and this made frontpage undecided
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by refiner(f): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
labamo07:
op did you tell them to find where their passion is and make research in to the field. Understanding the nitty gritty of the business. Seek mentorship, think of growing organically rather than exponential. We always assume business grow overnight to start making profit. Tell them to grow the balls for frustration, hence build an entrepreneurial mind...........

Nice One smiley... You are a Blast smiley
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Chuksemi(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
OK. I see.
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by Olukokosir(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seen
Re: Before You Resign, See This!!! by MrAboki: 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
refiner:

lol... dont worry cheesy

Oya Come back. grin

You forgot to add that starting up a business is not for everybody. Even the Bible says in the book of 2nd Ezekiel 4:18.. To some he gave the talent of Business, to other he gave the talent of employment. (QJV)

Secondly, How you go chop when you quit your job to start a business?

Thirdly, With the uncertainty in this our harsh Nigerian Market, chances are that 8 out of every 10 businesses will fail within the first 1 - 2 years. grin

Fourly, Do you have enough capital to run that business for atleast a year without making a profit? The beginning period of a business is the most capital intensive part.

Fively, Just because you love something does not mean you will be good at it business wise.

Sixly, Go into a business with the mind that you may lose all your investment.

Sevenly, If you fail in your business, that is not the end. You just need to take the lessons learnt and either move on or start all over again. If business was that easy we would all be Businessmen.

Eightly, the best advice you gave is; "Just Do it".. But make sure you have done your due deligence on any business you want to delve into before starting it.

Ninely, WHO GET LIGHTER FOR HIA.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Help Caught With Charms 3 Days After Resuming Work In Lagos (Photos) / Oyo: Police Dismiss Constables Who Demanded Money From Dutch Rider / What Is The Salary For Social Workers In Nigeria. Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.