Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? (798 Views)

Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU / Studying Medicine/ Being A Medical Doctor( Over Hyped ) / I Scored 260 In JAMB, Can I Get Medicine In University Of Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? by JEEZNG: 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello nairalanders, I need help here from you.

I was offered an admission to study medicine at the texilla american university in Guyana. When I summed-up the school fees, the amount for the 5 years medical program is USD117,700 which is over N40Million excluding feeding and transportation.

My questions goes...

1. Is this a good investment?
2. Do Nigerian Medical and Dental Council accept graduates from this university?
3. Can graduates from this university work in the US?

I believe there are fellow nairalanders here or their relatives who have attended this school. So, I need advise from you to help me make the final decision to pay for the seat reservation fee.

Thanks
Re: Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? by babyfaceafrica: 11:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
So you have 40m to pay to study in guyana?...
Re: Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? by JEEZNG: 12:03am On Jun 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
So you have 40m to pay to study in guyana?...

Yes I have the money bro. I just want to know if it worth it. Pls do you know anything about the school?
Re: Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? by Nobody: 2:03am On Jun 21, 2016
JEEZNG:

Yes I have the money bro. I just want to know if it worth it. Pls do you know anything about the school?
sir, It is really worth it. My aunt Ms, Nwakaego Ezekwe is studying nursing over there. They have standard equipment/facility.

Sir, please I need some help from you.
I got admission into the 2014/15 session, but deferred until this session because I had many older siblings still in school. Well. My mom was hoping to raise some funds for this session but all our efforts fell short. It seems i may lose this admission since there is no money to even defer this session.
I have been attending lectures since january and we are about to start the 1st semester exams this month. My course adviser told me that once exams are through all payments and registrations are definitely over.
Please I don't want to lose my admission or this session. I don't want all my efforts to go in vain. All the chemistry practicals, Engineering stress, etc all about go with the wind. ;(
Please, I beg of you, come to my aid. I need N80000 for fees.
Please Incase you are willing to help, here are my bank details:
Bank: zenith bank
Account name: Ezekwe okezie kelechi
Acc no: 2110748137

My savings account can't accept more than 20k. Please bear with me.
Re: Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? by SmartMugu: 5:41am On Jun 21, 2016
If you are interested in getting a medical degree that is still valuable in the US, you may want to research some schools in the neighboring Caribbean Islands. Several Americans interested in medical studies take that route to reduce tuition fees and are considered same as those that racked up the same amount you quoted within the US.

So, why spend that much for what you can get cheaper elsewhere and still get same level of acceptance?
Think about it.
Re: Should I Spend N40 Million+ Studying Medicine In Texilla American University? by JEEZNG: 6:36am On Jun 21, 2016
SmartMugu:
If you are interested in getting a medical degree that is still valuable in the US, you may want to research some schools in the neighboring Caribbean Islands. Several Americans interested in medical studies take that route to reduce tuition fees and are considered same as those that racked up the same amount you quoted within the US.

So, why spend that much for what you can get cheaper elsewhere and still get same level of acceptance?
Think about it.

Thanks for your response. please can you make some valuable recommendations of schools in these islands?

(1) (Reply)

Technical Guide On Professional Live Broadcasting Tools - Hardware And Software / / Difference Between Job And Career! EXPLAINED

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.