Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc (35913 Views)

Aisha Buhari's Impostor Passport In Jefferson bribery Scandal / Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' / 'if There’s No Electricity, It’s Not President Buhari’s Fault' - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by emmykk(m): 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
obailala:
Lol... The kind of reasoning some of you guys churn out is amusing. Aisha Buhari is obviously so jobless that she should just board a plane and start flying to the US for what reason exactly?.. to prove to some directionless emotional wailers that she is not the 'daughter of Buhari' who was involved in some 419 scam?... You must really think so much about yourselves to assume your opinion matters. cheesy

her husband have been in US 2 to 3 times she would have atleast go with him.so the president is afraid of the hallibuton case

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by anytexy: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2016
Love Machine:
There can never be two aisha buhari.Dont think by shielding buhari's wife,he will give you a presidential pardon over the corruption case that is awaiting your return from exile.
Correct guy. You nailed it. He too is now a saint for backing Buhari. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Adminisher: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fayose, Your own don finish. It is downwards spiral from now on . That Agbero life wey dey hungry you, wey your fellow governors they push you forward de you laugh for back . You go see am.

Wey our money?
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Connoisseur(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2016
This has continued to puzzle me.

Why would the wife of a former Nigerian ruler claim to be the daughter to seek leverage, when obviously the wife has more clout than the daughter.

Such demotion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by emmykk(m): 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
TippyTop:
Where's the fake Aisha Buhari, is Atiku also fake?
How come Aisha Buhari visits other countries except America?
Buhari is now employing every means to distance himself from the scandal.
In the past Buhari threatened to sue when it was revealed he spent a whopping N800mil on his estate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867214_1466501549_jpeg25b6147564c809df76143ec4fafcb425

Fast forward to 2015 and the house below now belongs to our fantastically corrupt
President

grin grin grin is atiku also fake? you got me bursting with laugh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by chuksbogus: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
COINCIDENCE that both the first name and the last name is same abeg naija think !!!
when the issue of convicted ibori it was him now not Aisha

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by mkpikpub(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
I sorry for you

AntiIPOOP:

I just knew it grin

I kno say some daft illiterate iPod goons will disagree with this news.

The president wife was never involved in any Jefferson scandal, if she decides to sue Fayose now he will definitely regret his statement, the lady that was involved in the scandal is known as Aisha Buhari but is not the Aisha Buhari that we popularly know. PMB has said it times without number.whoever has any concrete evidence against any APC members should forward their names and evidence to proof that the person is involved in any corruption, and see whether EFCC will not investigate the person, so why are we saying this probe is selective. PMB is doing the right thing and he s not involve in any Efcc dealings. EFCC is an Independent organisation on his own. What we Nigerians don't understand is that the previous government has destroyed lot of things in this country,Nothing bad in Fayose critisizing APC or Buhari,but if Fayose or anybody is found guilty of any of this offences let his name enter the good book of History.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by AntiWailer: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Connoisseur:
This has continued to puzzle me.

Why would the wife of a former Nigerian ruler claim to be the daughter to seek leverage, when obviously the wife has more clout than the daughter.

Such demotion

Don't mind the demented WAILERS.

You know most of them cannot think.

The irony is just that they are out to scream in favour of those who denied them quality education.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by victorazy(m): 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
They won't listen. angry angry angry

To think that this country and forum is filled with lazy people who will not bother to investigate rather than promote prevarications is really appalling.

Honestly for some days now I've been pondering...

MAYBE NIGERIA SHOULD SPLIT!! YES!! I SAID SO!!!

And we would see who would pick up faster.

The Yoruba race is progressive in nature, but it has not shown because some of our other "brothers" are drawing the entire nation back with their bigotry, partisanship, selfishness and ignorance.

LET US JUST SPLIT AND PICK THE PIECES. We'll see who will recover and progress faster angry angry angry

Yorubas can't survive without Igbos, no dey deceive ursef bro,
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Beremx(f): 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
hundredhundred:

Hmmmm. You really try...I have always suspect that handle to be Moses cos of the senseless post and same writing style. Ogidi is not smart at all.
of course he's the one. Na so i go dey bust dem one by one. grin
Check check! cool
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by 4tune490(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
that would be a purposeless revenge.

fiizznation:
The governor of that state talks a lot. And when somebody talks a lot and can't control his tongue, that person will surely land himself in trouble. The thing is; this fayoshe of a man doesn't respect the seat he is currently occupying. He acts like a street thug, talks like somebody who hasn't seen the four corners of classroom. He has no iota of decorum and he is a rogue that unfortunately found himself as a governor of a state.

I believe he will clearly understand the mess he has put himself in the coming days. Immunity is just another word used in covering the many ways a seating President can torment a parroting legislature/executive/judge. Buhari has patiently and tactically played by the books, the book of reasons, the book of logic and finally the book of revenge. He is the President, and am sure buhari knows the time to deal with the 'enemy' is now.

They say; in politics, there is no enemy nor friend but just common interest. But this statement is a dangerous lie. In politics, you have your friends and you know your enemies. And if you hesitate to strike your enemies a heavy blow, believe you me, they will cut off your head even before you know it.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by sweetgala(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Achuwa1:
so Lamorde has being brought in to do damage conntrol.
why doesnt Aisha buhari travel to the US if she is truly clean in diss

You are so last you didn't even read the message above yours where it is documented Nuhu Ribadu concluded the Ms Buhari is not a relation of GMB. The name Buhari is not unique to the presidents family , you should know that too well being a Nigerian.

Across all the ethnic nationalities we have several million people with same last name and no relationship .

I can find at least a million Nigerians with same first and last name , it would also suite a fraudster if they adopt a first name to mimic relationship to a famous individual
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by pepigeorge(m): 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
GlorifiedTunde:
They won't listen. angry angry angry

To think that this country and forum is filled with lazy people who will not bother to investigate rather than promote prevarications is really appalling.

Honestly for some days now I've been pondering...

MAYBE NIGERIA SHOULD SPLIT!! YES!! I SAID SO!!!

And we would see who would pick up faster.

The Yoruba race is progressive in nature, but it has not shown because some of our other "brothers" are drawing the entire nation back with their bigotry, partisanship, selfishness and ignorance.

LET US JUST SPLIT AND PICK THE PIECES. We'll see who will recover and progress faster angry angry angry

So which other Aisha Buhari na?.....infact the Mohamadu Buhari that has no certificate is not this PMB.....The Tinubu that ran away from USA is not Nigerian Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Brightgem(f): 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
Kikikikikkki! Many just will not have it that the Scandal refers to another, because they find comfort in a lie. Why would Aisha Buhari have any link to that ancient Scandal. Is she the only Aisha Buhari in the world? That person posting picture of Buhari's house, ok so make e no build or own house again. Make una dey wail, this man is gon be right in all ur faces for now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by pepigeorge(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

I just knew it grin

The president wife was never involved in any Jefferson scandal, if she decides to sue Fayose now he will definitely regret his statement, the lady that was involved in the scandal is known as Aisha Buhari but is not the Aisha Buhari that we popularly know. PMB has said it times without number.whoever has any concrete evidence against any APC members should forward their names and evidence to proof that the person is involved in any corruption, and see whether EFCC will not investigate the person, so why are we saying this probe is selective. PMB is doing the right thing and he s not involve in any Efcc dealings. EFCC is an Independent organisation on his own. What we Nigerians don't understand is that the previous government has destroyed lot of things in this country,Nothing bad in Fayose critisizing APC or Buhari,but if Fayose or anybody is found guilty of any of this offences let his name enter the good book of History.

Maybe this Aisha Buhari should visit USA along with APC Tinubu. ....... then we will know the real Aisha Buhari and The real Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by kulrunsman79(m): 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hahahahahahha, what a comic contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by divineappo(m): 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
The president's wife is not the person involved in that scandal. This was gotten via sources @ the Nigeria Immigration Service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by GogetterMD(m): 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I hold my comment for now
Common oga Tonye, talk wetin dey your mind. Abi we have to tickle it out of you?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by fred04(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2016
IF THE AISHA Buhari INVOLVED IN DIS CASE IS FAKE THEN ATIKU IN THE CASE IS ALSO FAKE. BUNCHES OF FOOLS HERE DEFENDING DAT OLD FOOL DAT HAVE NOTHING FOR THEM.
WHO AMONG YOU Buhari DON EPP?

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Bimpe29: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fayose and controversies. False accusation. He may be sued for libel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by chuksbogus: 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
COINCIDENCE that both the first name and the last name is same abeg naija think !!!
when the issue of convicted ibori it was him now not Aisha.

Mind u that its not the Atiku we know is being mentioned there
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Nosaghae(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
The United States Justice Department, revealed that the All Progressive Congress, APC, Presidential Candidate, Muhammadu Buhari’s wife, Aisha Buhari (posing as Buhari’s daughter), was used as conduit and engaged in fraudulent wire transfers, from her Nigerian account in favour of Congressman Jefferson, via the ANJ Group LLC.
The US District Court Memo, states that Congressman William J. Jefferson, between August 2000 and August 2005, sought hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of himself and family members.
In return, the defendant used his congressional office to promote the business interests of bribe-paying companies, whose very success was dependent upon the approvals of certain United States and West African government agencies and officials.
Congressman Jefferson, further compounded his criminal culpability by conspiring with others to pay a bribe to the then-sitting Vice President of Nigeria.
The WhistleNG, in an exclusive report, stated that in hushed and sometimes cryptic taped recorded conversations, Congressman Jefferson, explained in details how the success of the Nigerian telecommunications venture depended on bribing the Vice President of Nigeria, who the defendant described as “really corrupt.”
The US District Court during their investigation, also revealed that Williams Jefferson, in one of his numerous bribe schemes, wired $170,000 to a Nigerian account in the name of Aisha Buhari.
“During the investigation of his numerous bribe schemes, law enforcement agents learned of several wire transfers from offshore territories into U.S. financial accounts, that were either controlled by the defendant or whose proceeds were made available for his benefit.
See Donald C. Semesky, Jr., Tr. at 104 – 116; see also Government Exhibits 36-87 (6/26/02 $170,000 wire transfer from account in Nigeria in the name of Aisha Buhari, to an account in the name of The ANJ Group, LLC, identifying “William Jefferson” as Beneficiary), Government Exhibits 36-90 and 36-91 (11/28/03 $50,000 wire transfer from account in British Virgin Islands in the name of Dawson Creek Traders to an account in the name of Jefferson Interests, Inc.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, in their report dated June 22, 2006 also stated that former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, was summoned by the US government for Investigation into the iGate/NDTV business deals involving Congressman Jefferson, which also contained Haija Aisha M. Buhari’s bank records and transfer history.
Reports from New York Times Story (April 29, 2007) revealed Aisha Buhari on the dubious $1.2m campaigning contract, to help the former Akwa Ibom State Gov., Obong Attah, boost his image and attract investment to Akwa Ibom in his bid to become President of Nigeria, as well as a contract where Aisha Buhari, served as a consultant to orchestrate enormous name golfers to go to the opening of the Uyo Golf Resort, commissioned by former Governor, Obong Attah.
As indicated by the New York Times story, “she (Aisha Buhari) told him that her father was the former military ruler of Nigeria, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, and that her American friends included politicians like Mr. Jefferson of Louisiana.”
The former Governor, also verified the claim by the New York Times when he said, he knows Ms. Buhari’s daughter, who is still a powerful Nigerian politician, by reputation. He also met her, he said, in 2001 when she accompanied a group of American politicians that included Mr. Jefferson to Akwa Ibom, to see oil-related pollution problems there.
“All I needed to do was ask Aisha if she knew him,” Mr. Attah recalls.
General Buhari, has since denied that Aisha Buhari is his daughter, in spite of the contrary proofs, pretty much as he denied his adopted son, Mr. Mohammed Buhari, who was likewise captured in May 2014, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, for swindling a woman Mrs. Nwokwocha Florence, of N20m to put resources into an oil and gas business with a guarantee to make mouthwatering returns to the woman.
http://www.post-nigeria.com/us-court-documents-reveal-aisha-buharis-involvement-in-the-atiku-jefferson-scandal/

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by obailala(m): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
emmykk:

her husband have been in US 2 to 3 times she would have atleast go with him.so the president is afraid of the hallibuton case
Sometimes I just cant help but wonder how old some of you are. So because of a flimsy accusation, you expect her to just jump on the plane and start going to the US to satisfy what or who exactly?. .. Even if she is a mega fraudster and she goes to the US with her husband being the president, it is obvious some of you kids aren't aware she would be diplomatically insulated from any harassment.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Amiblaize77(f): 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

I just knew it grin

I just knew it grin

I kno say some daft illiterate iPod goons will disagree with this news
Hahahahah sincerely some people can just tempt you to start praying for Nigerians to get small sense first
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
victorazy:

Yorubas can't survive without Igbos, no dey deceive ursef bro,

What?! Are you feeding us? Are you as intelligent as we are?

Obviously you don't know history
Go and ask Odumegwu Ojukwu what Awolowo did?

Go and ask how he got your entire people starved so much that you started eating up each other.

And you say we can't live without you. WHO YOU BE?! WHO YOUR TRIBE EPP?!

ABI NA BECAUSE UNA DEY SELL SPARE PARTS?! angry angry angry

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2016
divineappo:
The president's wife is not the person involved in that scandal. This was gotten via sources @ the Nigeria Immigration Service.

DEM NO GO HEAR!

DEM DON PACK CEMENT BLOCK EAR!! angry angry
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by YourMajesty(m): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
EFCC; the loyal dog to Buhari and family.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by omokab: 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
AntiIPOOP:

I just knew it grin

you are minding children of hate. They are brought up like that. After an EFCC man that have the concrete evidence came out boldly to say the truth,they are still saying rubbish. Fayose is a complete disgrace to yoruba race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Nehemz(m): 2:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Haykay80:
Aisha Buhari in Jefferson bribery scandal not President Buhari’s wife — Ex-EFCC boss, Lamorde

The Aisha Buhari named in the bribery scandal involving a U.S. Congressman, Williams Jefferson, is not the Aisha that is President Muhammadu Buhari’s wife, a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Lamorde, has told PREMIUM TIMES.

“I can tell you authoritatively that the Aisha Buhari named in that case is not President Buhari’s wife,” Mr. Lamorde said when contacted Tuesday morning. “It is another Aisha Buhari entirely.

“I was the director of operations at the EFCC at the time so I know about the case very well. I can tell you that it is not her (President Buhari’s wife). That much we established.”

Mr. Lamorde, who was EFCC chairman until he was removed in December 2015 by President Buhari, is currently on course at the Nigerian Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies.

PREMIUM TIMES contacted him for clarification following the claim by Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, on Monday, that the Aisha Buhari mentioned in court documents to have transferred $170,000 to the convicted American politician is President Buhari’s wife.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Idowu Adelusi, Mr. Fayose had accused President Buhari of being corrupt.

“Even the President cannot claim to be an angel,” the governor said, in reaction to the freezing of his Zenith Bank account by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

“The estate he built in Abuja is known to us. His wife was indicted over the Halliburton Scandal (sic). When that American, Jefferson, was being sentenced, the President’s wife was mentioned as having wired $170,000 to Jefferson. Her name was on page 25 of the sentencing of Jefferson. We can serialize the judgment for people to see and read.”

The governor’s Special Assistant on New Media, Lere Olayinka, later circulated copies of the court document which named one Aisha Buhari as being involved in the Jefferson scandal.

The documents showed that in some of the exhibits tendered in convicting Mr. Jefferson of bribery, the Aisha Buhari was mentioned as transferring $170,000 to the American politician using a firm as proxy.

“Government Exhibits 36-87 (6/26/02 $170,000 wire transfer from account in Nigeria in the name of Aisha Buhari to an account in the name of The ANJ Group, LLC, identifying “William Jefferson” as Beneficiary),” the U.S. Government Sentencing Memorandum said on page 22.

The U.S. had at the time requested Nigeria to help it investigate the Nigerians named in the scandal, and Mr. Lamorde, as director of operation at the EFCC at the time, coordinated that investigation.

“It is unfair to link the President’s wife with that case,” he said. “She was definitely not the one involved, and Fayose and other Nigerians should know this.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205648-aisha-buhari-jefferson-bribery-scandal-not-president-buharis-wife-ex-efcc-boss-lamorde.html
Then tell us which Aisha is

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by AlPeter: 2:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Exactly.

What Lamorde is doing is 'damage control'. If the Aisha Buhari involved is not the dullard's wife, Then who is she

There is no smoke without fire. Buhari and his wife are the most 'kworupt' couple hiding under the facade of frugality and anti-corruption.
are you this daft or incredibly stu. pid the Aisha Buhari stays in the US and was APPEARED in court as a witness. Stop Hating.
Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
see wetin I see oh. make una judge am una self.
Note. I am a Nigerian but I live in Canada. so I nor dey PDP or APC side.

Re: Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc by Ajjubhai(m): 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
TippyTop:
Where's the fake Aisha Buhari, is Atiku also fake?
How come Aisha Buhari visits other countries except America?
Buhari is now employing every means to distance himself from the scandal.
In the past Buhari threatened to sue when it was revealed he spent a whopping N800mil on his estate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3867214_1466501549_jpeg25b6147564c809df76143ec4fafcb425

Fast forward to 2015 and the house below now belongs to our fantastically corrupt
President

man this one is nothing his wife is not poor before he was sworn into the office,and also the estate have you confirmed it? did you saw him inside? remember this same fayose claimed Fayemi owns a university in Ghana with no proof. tell me if you are the president won't you get house or you will retire staying in the old house? Jonathan estate is more beautiful than this means its attracted alot of money.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Compared To Idi Amin In Aggressive APC Ad / Alice Emefiele's Burial: Lawal, Obasanjo, Okowa, Dangote In Attendance (photos) / Buhari And Ministers Shun South-East Summit After IPOB Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.