Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! (978 Views)

President's Wife Aisha Presents Gifts To 1st Baby Born In 2017 In Abuja - Photos / Aisha Buhari, The Kitchen And The Other Room By Joseph Edgar / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC Hausa (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! by BABSIN(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
Read the New York Times story published on April 29, 2007 (http://www.nytimes.com/…/29/business/yourmoney/29lobby.html…) to know that the "Aisha Buhari" mentioned in the corruption scandal ISN'T the president's wife. In the New York Times story, "Aisha Buhari" identified herself as the "daughter” of “General Muhammadu Buhari," not his wife. Of course, President Muhammadu Buhari has no daughter by that name. The said "Aisha Buhari" is obviously a criminal impostor who has not the remotest relationship with President Buhari either by marriage or by blood. Take a look at her picture, which I downloaded from the New York Times website, and tell me if she bears even the slightest resemblance to Mrs. Aisha Buhari or any of the president's daughters. This lady is a major-league scammer who has refused to reveal her real identity, and Premium Times failed to do basic fact-checking to confirm this. It took me less 2 minutes to find this out.

In case you're not able to read the full story from the New York Times, here are excerpts that conclusively show that the "Aisha Buhari" mentioned in the story is neither the president's wife nor any of his daughters. If the real Mrs. Aisha Buhari decides to sue Premium Times (and Ayo Fayose), predicting her success against them in the court is a slam dunk, as Americans say.
"As for Ms. Buhari, who is living in Virginia, it’s not clear who she really is. For one, she is under investigation in Nigeria by its Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, said its head, Nuhu Ribadu.
"Mr. Ribadu said he is uncertain if her name is Aisha Buhari, but he added that she is not a daughter of General Buhari. The former Nigerian ruler agrees.

"'I don’t have any relationship with that Aisha Buhari,' Mr. Buhari said. 'I don’t have any daughter called Aisha Buhari living outside this country. She is not my daughter.'
"Mr. Ribadu’s agency has asked American authorities to arrest Ms. Buhari. That has not happened, but the Justice Department has an interest in her. Last summer, she testified before a grand jury investigating Mr. Jefferson, the congressman, who is suspected of soliciting bribes from American companies seeking business in Nigeria."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! by moxsella(m): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
no saint
Re: This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Zombies will fight to death.
Re: This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! by Faremisodeeq(m): 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2016
Then who is Mrs Buhari
Re: This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! by obailala(m): 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
The [b]daughter [/b]of Buhari named 'Aisha' must be found and prosecuted.
Re: This Is Not Aisha Buhari, The President's Wife! by PapaBaby: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
They said the fake Aisha Buhari lives in Virginia but even Saharareporters which is based in the USA could not travel to Virginia to confirm her status.

(1) (Reply)

Like Fayose, Like Lere.. Lere Olayinka Is Poorer Than Pry 2 Pupil In Maths [PIX] / PHOTOS: Ex Lagos Dep. Gov. Princess Orelope-adefulire's Daughter's Wedding / PHOTOS: On-going Rehabilitation And Expansion Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.