Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka (25306 Views)

Impunity Rides Again Through Killer Herdsmen By Wole Soyinka / Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / "Evidence Emerges Of Mass Burials After Arbaeen Massacre Of Shia In Kano"- IHRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Babayoutoomuch(f): 11:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
JAMB Question

Suggest an appropriate title for this comprehension
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by justy15: 12:00am On Jun 22, 2016
forgive them prof. we are in a country all things goes, abuse of right of citizens by individuals n even government. I understand how you feel but that goes a long way explaining the tyrannical obsession of people in power a misdeed that have led to even throwing our constitution to the dust bin
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by FredrickPablo(m): 12:49am On Jun 22, 2016
Dem fit challenge Kongi??
daprince098:
This is a real battle: Wole soyinka vs Photographers. Can't wait to see the reaction from the opponents undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 1:05am On Jun 22, 2016
gunuvi:
We need you to talk about the cogent national issues like the various violations of human rights and abuses, killing of innocent and unarmed civilians, Fulani herdsmen etc, you are here talking about stuffs that is secondary to majority of Nigerians.
Nonsense grin grin
he cant talk he was given 90mil by ameachi so he is speechless as of now maybe till the money finishes

3 Likes

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by DonOms(m): 1:19am On Jun 22, 2016
I am moved to make a comment about some people's comment on this post because it is alarming enough that most of us are becoming too lazy to read, but to not dine with reason and think? That's worse.

Firstly, Wole Soyinka has not written "complex English," as someone said. I agree his lexicon is well above the average and which many of us are unfamiliar, but shouldn't it be an opportunity to add to our vocabulary and get a better grasp of the use of English? His writing isn't comic relief.

Also, another stressed the need for Soyinka to attend to more pressing national issues and drop any interest whatsoever in making a book out of the uncouth behaviour of camera-armed invaders. National issues are of concern to the entire citizenry so why should Soyinka be censured when you and I are as guilty? And by the way, our social reputation is as important as our economic so the issue discussed is pertinent to "current national issues" I'd say.

Finally, it's an article! Not some comment on a blog. Why do we have to complain about its length? I'm no defender of Soyinka, but I can't help but speak up when I see fellow youths talk about matters that need not be raised, whether it's a faceless forum or not.

Because I won't be able to reply anyone who may be finger-eager to quote me so as to insult me on a faceless forum or ask why I had to resort to my "own epistle" within Soyinka's epistle, I'll use the exact quote from the article which @Truth234 earlier employed:
"It must also be stressed - that same society is the prime facilitator of its doom. There are times when tolerance becomes acceptance, then tacit and even overt encouragement."

Man, think!

6 Likes

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Khalraj: 2:07am On Jun 22, 2016
DonOms:
I am moved to make a comment about some people's comment on this post because it is alarming enough that most of us are becoming too lazy to read, but to not dine with reason and think? That's worse.
Firstly, Wole Soyinka has not written "complex English," as someone said. I agree his lexicon is well above the average and which many of us are unfamiliar, but shouldn't it be an opportunity to add to our vocabulary and get a better grasp of the use of English? His writing isn't comic relief.
Also, another stressed the need for Soyinka to attend to more pressing national issues and drop any interest whatsoever in making a book out of the uncouth behaviour of camera-armed invaders. National issues are of concern to the entire citizenry so why should Soyinka be censured when you and I are as guilty? And by the way, our social reputation is as important as our economic so the issue discussed is pertinent to "current national issues" I'd say.
Finally, it's an article! Not some comment on a blog. Why do we have to complain about its length? I'm no defender of Soyinka, but I can't help but speak up when I see fellow youths talk about matters that need not be raised, whether it's a faceless forum or not.
Because I won't be able to reply anyone who may be finger-eager to quote me so as to insult me on a faceless forum or ask why I had to resort to my "own epistle" within Soyinka's epistle, I'll use the exact quote from the article which @Truth234 earlier employed:
"It must also be stressed - that same society is the prime facilitator of its doom. There are times when tolerance becomes acceptance, then tacit and even overt encouragement."
Man, think!
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by billyG(m): 7:12am On Jun 22, 2016
dont8:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/21/weapon-mass-obstruction-wole-soyinka
Which kind dongontranchi b this?Brain dey pain mi sef.
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by billyG(m): 7:15am On Jun 22, 2016
Abeg somebodi helep mi!is prof.wole talking about mai photo or am imagining it.
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2016
DonOms:

Man, think!
Well said! Most of the comments on the topic, that necessitated this riposte from you, only reveal the decadence in the educational standard and reading culture of Nigerian youths.

1 Like

Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by DonOms(m): 11:49am On Jun 22, 2016
gensteejay:

Well said! Most of the comments on the topic, that necessitated this riposte from you, only reveal the decadence in the educational standard and reading culture of Nigerian youths.
I completely agree with you. The worst of this developing culture is the joy with which it is celebrated and encouraged.
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by mcvirgin: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
i may not have written this, but he sure wrote what i said. thumps up man..but still sad at the way most fellas reason.[quote author=Khalraj post=46802196][/quote]
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by MsGlobalwonder(f): 7:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
Taryur3:
Is this a comprehension passage? Like seriously I can't read what is here
fair enough... it's for the intelligent. grin
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Eaugusta(f): 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
RIZLER:
weytin dis mumu dey talk? undecided
People like you make me wonder why some persons totally lack manners. I think you need help
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Taryur3(m): 9:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
fair enough... it's for the intelligent. grin
U mean am not intelligent?
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by virginchaser(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
Taryur3:
Is this a comprehension passage? Like seriously I can't read what is here

Yeah! I knew earlier, a typical Nigerian do not find pleasure in reading.
Re: The Weapon Of Mass Obstruction By Wole Soyinka by Taryur3(m): 12:43am On Jun 23, 2016
virginchaser:

Yeah! I knew earlier, a typical Nigerian do not find pleasure in reading.
Lol...thank God u ain't an exemption

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun Election-inec Official’s Hand Chop Off / Dolapo Osinbajo, Husband & Children Celebrate Her 50th Birthday / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.