Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano (7980 Views)

Buhari Approves 164.8m For Rescued Chibok Girls studying At AUN. Nigerians React / Gov Kashim Visits 195 Orphans Studying At El-kanemi College Of Islamic Theology / Shettima Receives Bags Of Rice Donation On Behalf Of Idps (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Newshelmboss(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
Borno state Governor, Kashim Shettima on Wednesday June 15, received 100 orphans currently studying at the Borno Orphans Model Boarding Primary School in the city Kano.

The students who returned for a month break to Maiduguri were accompanied to the government house by the Borno state Commissioner for Women Affairs, Hon. Fanta Baba Shehu who also briefed the Governor.
Secretary to the Borno State Government, Alhaji Usman Jidda Shuwa who spoke on behalf of the Governor was full of praises to the Kano state government and the Governor for the brotherhood and good gesture which he said it's worthy of commendation.

He further stated that the state government is also planning to establish a similar school in the state.

Earlier speaking, the Commissioner for Women Affairs Hon. Fanta Baba Shehu informed the Governor that the students are in the state for a one month break after completing the academic session and they are expected to returned on July 16, 2016.

She again informed him that the Kano state Governor Alhaji Abdullahi Umar Ganduje also gave a fresh slots for additional 100 orphans to rise the total number to 200.

The school which was established by Former Kano State Governor, Sen. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso is aimed at taking full responsibilities of children, whose parents are either dead, displaced or lost as a result of Boko Haram insurgency.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/photos-shettima-receives-100-orphans.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Newshelmboss(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2016

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Lovelynature(m): 6:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nice one
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by decatalyst(m): 7:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hope no female among them? shocked

Oh why?!!!

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Fairgodwin(m): 9:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
Inasmuch as I appreciate the gesture I still strongly believe it is perfectly normal so as a result, the governor shouldn't be praised for it.
If an individual or private organization does it, he/they should be commended BUT if governor, government or even public office holders do it, they ought not to be commended - for they are doing what is constitutionally as well as morally required of them (in the first place).
I know most people would disagree with me but honestly speaking, it doesn't deserve any sort of praise(s) for either the governor or the government for crying out loud.
This is what any and every government is supposed to do; it is not a favour [from them] to the kids but rather a right [of the kids] from the government irrespective of who's in government.
I humbly rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Pyno30: 9:40pm On Jun 21, 2016
Only?. Give him an award.
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Pyno30: 9:41pm On Jun 21, 2016
He better not Kidnapp them like those girls.

1 Like

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by dominique(f): 9:42pm On Jun 21, 2016
Why the strong face, was he forced to recieve them?
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Owliver(m): 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
these people will continue to give birth out of control and use oil money to feed them. nawao

2 Likes

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
shocked
Who orphan epp grin
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by teniyi(m): 9:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Owliver:
these people will continue to give birth out of control and use oil money to feed them. nawao

Senseless comment!

6 Likes

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by olaasiwaju: 9:57pm On Jun 21, 2016
Sign of gøod leadership, may Allah reward you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by arresa: 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
any ipod wey no dey spew hate and show bad bele is a fake iPoD....predictable and backward losers.. grin

1 Like

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Owliver(m): 10:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
teniyi:

Senseless comment!
ok
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by delpee(f): 10:30pm On Jun 21, 2016
No girls?
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by MDsambo: 11:25pm On Jun 21, 2016
Owliver:

oil money

1 Like

Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Dolazee(f): 12:00am On Jun 22, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by AnanseK(m): 1:17am On Jun 22, 2016
Fairgodwin:
Inasmuch as I appreciate the gesture I still strongly believe it is perfectly normal so as a result, the governor shouldn't be praised for it.
If an individual or private organization does it, he/they should be commended BUT if governor, government or even public office holders do it, they ought not to be commended - for they are doing what is constitutionally as well as morally required of them (in the first place).
I know most people would disagree with me but honestly speaking, it doesn't deserve any sort of praise(s) for either the governor or the government for crying out loud.
This is what any and every government is supposed to do; it is not a favour [from them] to the kids but rather a right [of the kids] from the government irrespective of who's in government.
I humbly rest my case.

It didn't come out well in the story but these kids were taken out of Borno to a Kano school by The former Kano state governor and the government of Kano state is sponsoring their education. They are now in Maiduguri on vacation. The Borno governor says he wants to start a similar program in Borno. Please read the story again. I agree it's the right thing to do of course.
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by gloryman91: 3:56am On Jun 22, 2016
Nice gestures.
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by W3irDo: 6:42am On Jun 22, 2016
So
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by W3irDo: 6:43am On Jun 22, 2016
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by wasak(m): 8:22am On Jun 22, 2016
I just have so much love for this Borno state governor, may Allah be ur guide, kudos to the kano state government.
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by Fairgodwin(m): 11:24am On Jun 22, 2016
AnanseK:

It didn't come out well in the story but these kids were taken out of Borno to a Kano school by The former Kano state governor and the government of Kano state is sponsoring their education. They are now in Maiduguri on vacation. The Borno governor says he wants to start a similar program in Borno. Please read the story again. I agree it's the right thing to do of course.

You, sir, didn't get my point. I saw your post and I believe you have a point though. But my major point is, every Nigerian citizen is a responsibility of every Nigerian government irrespective of the state or region. If a Kano government takes care of Borno citizens, vice versa, it is perfectly normal.
If a Lagos government takes care of Ogun citizens, it is perfectly in line. So as a result, I still maintain the governor deserves no commendation. Thank you sir, for your time.
Re: Shettima Receives 100 Orphans Studying At A Boarding School In Kano by AnanseK(m): 5:41am On Jun 24, 2016
Fairgodwin:

You, sir, didn't get my point. I saw your post and I believe you have a point though. But my major point is, every Nigerian citizen is a responsibility of every Nigerian government irrespective of the state or region. If a Kano government takes care of Borno citizens, vice versa, it is perfectly normal.
If a Lagos government takes care of Ogun citizens, it is perfectly in line. So as a result, I still maintain the governor deserves no commendation. Thank you sir, for your time.

You didn't get it. These orphans were not kano residents. Kwankwaso went to Borno state and received 100 orphan children and brought them to kano and sponsored their education. You may not find that commendable but I do.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: APC Leading In 12 States, Labour Party 4 (Pictures) / President Jonathan Appoints 22 New Judges / Delta Community Angry Over Gov. Uduaghan's Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.