Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others (22730 Views)

Atiku Abubakar: Buhari & APC Side-lined Me After I Helped Them Win 2015 Election / Forgery: Why We Dropped Charge Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others / Forgery: Police May Arrest Ekweremadu, Others This Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by 989900: 10:05am On Jun 22, 2016
Well, Dino thinks the AGF is some nuisance. I hope that helps their case in court.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by martolux(m): 10:05am On Jun 22, 2016
doctokwus:
Senators against senators.I forsee saraki doing sth foolish soon out of frustration.
But truth be told,this pmb govt is one of the most calculative and brutal machines ever faced by any criminally exposed politician.They come at u like a bulldozer from all sides,with the minutest detail not left untouched.
I fear for Saraki and ekweremadu's health.
Saraki will never resign out of frustration; his resignation can be liken to a shell and a snail(the senate position is d shell while Saraki is d snail). in addition forgery should not be a serious offence for political leaders in this administration since the president was also alleged to have forged his SSCE cert..
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own
eye, and then you will see clearly to take the
speck out of your brother's eye."
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by pharmagba: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You are typical mumu, Senate standing rules are like resolutions and according to the guidelines, it can be suspended, amended or set aside at any point in time as may be requested by a "member" with the support of the majority. We know that the Executive is not a Senator hence lacks the locus standi to question the rules whatsoever.

As per the second question, keep quiet if you have no supporting facts to disprove my submissions?

I agree that the rules can be amended, suspended or set aside, but there are procedure and that is 'majority in the house'
Now when was the last one amended- it was never amended
How come there ware discrepancies - it has been amended.
The question is is it by ghost

4 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by henrysam(m): 10:10am On Jun 22, 2016
I am surprised how people leave the main issue and starts demeaning themselves because of politicians
Most of Nigerians are senseless
Politicians that can wake up tomorrow and be in the same party.
Ask yourselves, where are the children of these people you are fighting for? Are they suffering as you do?
Politicians capitalises on the gullibility of the masses and that's why they will forever refused to do something worthwhile for them.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by fasbat(m): 10:23am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

What matters is what the majority says. The Attorney General invite stands and he can't ignore it.

Some disgruntled elements will have their say while the majority have their way.

The Executive got no business or power over the internal rules of the Senate. The rules were used for virtually every business of the government till date and there is still no motion on the floor of the Senate calling for reversal, amendment or otherwise of 2015 Senate Standing Rules hence the accusation is frivolous, void and of no effect whatsoever.

Simply put, the Executive lacks the locus standi to challenge rules in court - simple
so u can forged ur own university certificate and not rot in jail for 15 yrs Don't fight for these people in power,if NIG's law is applied across board without segregation,NIG will become a better place overnight,but it is d ravaged,impoverished,mentally tortured,deprived compatriots hailing d political class. How many of our fellow compatriots in jail for some lesser crime? Forgery is a serious case if u don't know,go ask lawyer,15 yrs in jail!! The executive has every power and right to investigate,prosecute and d judiciary sentence d alleged forgers ,NASS is an institution dt shd not be involved in ds kind of weighty crime,for d fact,d senate has d power to amend its rule but the book will be sent to a special committee and d committee will bring back d book to d plenary for adoption,through voice vote,if majority agree with it,then d book stands amended and a draft will be given to d clerk to produce copies for d Senators. However,in ds case,d last Senate never amend d Rule Book,but suddenly a new book was presented on d 1st day of sitting with some sections altered,a serious crime has been committed....

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by AnanseK(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2016
midolian:
Hmmm..Too many problems for one man.

Saw him on channels some minutes ago and I felt for him. He has grown so lean. If the SP seat was not his inheritance, I would have advised him to resign.

It is his inheritance. His Dad was a Senate President. (But the Dad was also impeached, so it's just copy & paste).

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by LadyExcellency: 10:27am On Jun 22, 2016
pharmagba:

I agree that the rules can be amended, suspended or set aside, but there are procedure and that is 'majority in the house'
Now when was the last one amended- it was never amended
How come there ware discrepancies - it has been amended.
The question is is it by ghost

You are right. Last year some aggrieved senators went to court to challenge the legitimacy of 2015 Senate standing rules but afterwards withdrew their case from court. This is a legitimate case where the litigants have locus standi but should not be the Executive because of separation of powers

Alleged Forgery of Senate Rule: Unity Forum withdraw case

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/alleged-forgery-of-senate-rule-unity-forum-withdraw-case/

Let's protect democracy, discourage dictatorship by encouraging separation of powers.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by LadyExcellency: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2016
fasbat:
so u can forged ur own university certificate and not rot in jail for 15 yrs Don't fight for these people in power,if NIG's law is applied across board without segregation,NIG will become a better place overnight,but it is d ravaged,impoverished,mentally tortured,deprived compatriots hailing d political class. How many of our fellow compatriots in jail for some lesser crime? Forgery is a serious case if u don't know,go ask lawyer,15 yrs in jail!!

What is this one saying?

I can't imagine my neighbours taking me to court for adjustments or violations of dayly/weekly meals timetable if any.

Do you know that the rules are still being used as at yesterday and will be functional until the lifespan of the 8th National Assembly? Use your head
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by amakenny: 10:36am On Jun 22, 2016
Preparing Nigeria for sole Dictatorship of Muhammadu Buhari, after Buhari chooses who shall be senate president and deputy. The forces of evil are gathering momentum. Idi Amin wrecked Uganda.

Between, Prof Jega's INEC changed electoral methods by bringing in Card Readers and other modifications in the electoral system that brought Buhari to power. But now, Buhari would not accept the changes in the electoral system that brought officers of the Senate to office.

If Buhari's wish of picking who shall head the senate is allowed by the Judiciary, Buhari shall be worse for Nigeria than Idi Amin was for Uganda..
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by fasbat(m): 10:50am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

What is this one saying?

I can't imagine my neighbours taking me to court for adjustments or violations of dayly/weekly meals timetable if any.

Do you know that the rules are still being used as at yesterday and will be functional until the lifespan of the 8th National Assembly? Use your head
it seems u don't get it at all,d rule book is d guiding rules for d senate,with how d President of d Senate will be elected,mode of election,composition of committees,and d general principles therein,NO amendment can be DONE without d agreement of d Majority in d 109 senate. Your daily meal roster is ur personal discretion,but no single person can AMEND dt book ! I am wrting with all sense of conviction,so I'm not blabbing as u alluded or implied to in ur comment,any alterations to official documents is called FORGERY! Try and erase ur grade in ur WASC certificate and u will see police by ur doorstep!

3 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Almaiga: 11:01am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:
Senate says their rules weren't forged.

How is it the business of the Executive?

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205671-senate-summons-attorney-general-forgery-charges-saraki-ekweremadu.html
If they claim their rules was not forged, why are they avoiding the Court like plague? I can bet with my left ny*sh that, the Senate leadership are as guilty as charged.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by tinsel: 11:03am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

The Executive interference is the problem. The Executive branch of government initiated this particular case rather than the said Senators.

The Executive is not a party to Senate Standing rules.
You amaze me. Some senators petitioned the Inspector General of police that some sentors changed the senate standing rule whithout due process which is a criminal offence. The police investigated and established that a crime was commited and minuted the file to the office of AG for action. In a criminal offence it is the State Vs the defendants.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by LadyExcellency: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2016
fasbat:
it seems u don't get it at all,d rule book is d guiding rules for d senate,with how d President of d Senate will be elected,mode of election,composition of committees,and d general principles therein,NO amendment can be DONE without d agreement of d Majority in d 109 senate. Your daily meal roster is ur personal discretion,but no single person can AMEND dt book ! I am wrting with all sense of conviction,so I'm not blabbing as u alluded or implied to in ur comment,any alterations to official documents is called FORGERY! Try and erase ur grade in ur WASC certificate and u will see police by ur doorstep!

You mean the same 2015 senate rules used by the Senate is illegal? Stop this nonsense.

Stop comparing apple and orange by bringing external examiner "WASC" in this debate.

Constitution gave Senate independence from Executive interference - Fact

The Executive is not a Senator hence should be aggrieved by their protocols.

The Internal rules of daily business of the Senate is non of the Executive concern hence the obsession by the Executive into organizational structures and protocols is illegal.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by hmuhammad(m): 11:14am On Jun 22, 2016
koboko69:

It wasn't a crime advising u to stop littering this section with submissions of poor and little intelligence. I remember ur analogy of the budget and paying salaries yesterday. What we discuss here is way beyond ur political intelligence, u should probably stick to just name callings, like Zombie, Buhari is a this and that, u will garner more likes like that, rather than disgracing ursef trying to explain or evaluating what u have zero knowledge about.
mehn!!! You don injure that ladyexcellency

1 Like

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Deen77: 11:25am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

What matters is what the majority says. The Attorney General invite stands and he can't ignore it.

Some disgruntled elements will have their say while the majority have their way.

The Executive got no business or power over the internal rules of the Senate. The rules were used for virtually every business of the government till date and there is still no motion on the floor of the Senate calling for reversal, amendment or otherwise of 2015 Senate Standing Rules hence the accusation is frivolous, void and of no effect whatsoever.

Simply put, the Executive lacks the locus stiandi to challenge rules in court - simple

We are waiting, just wait.

You ‘doctored’ Senate standing rules, not me: National Assembly clerk indicts Saraki, others
READ: https://www.naij.com/868090-doctored-senate-standing-rule-not-national-assembly-clerk-indicts-saraki-others.html
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by lagdmark(m): 11:26am On Jun 22, 2016
aieromon:
A couple of years ago,these people never feared going to court because they knew how to extract injunctions and restraining orders.

These days when they hear court,they be like "who I offend!".

When the prosecution team presents members of your "family" as witnesses,you know there is fire on the mountain.
How many politicians the fire burn.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Deen77: 11:27am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You are typical mumu, Senate standing rules are like resolutions and according to the guidelines, it can be suspended, amended or set aside at any point in time as may be requested by a "member" with the support of the majority. We know that the Executive is not a Senator hence lacks the locus standi to question the rules whatsoever.

As per the second question, keep quiet if you have no supporting facts to disprove my submissions?

Funny, please read.

You ‘doctored’ Senate standing rules, not me: National Assembly clerk indicts Saraki, others
READ: https://www.naij.com/868090-doctored-senate-standing-rule-not-national-assembly-clerk-indicts-saraki-others.html
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by lagdmark(m): 11:27am On Jun 22, 2016
aieromon:
A couple of years ago,these people never feared going to court because they knew how to extract injunctions and restraining orders.

These days when they hear court,they be like "who I offend!".

When the prosecution team presents members of your "family" as witnesses,you know there is fire on the mountain.
How many politicians the fire don burn.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Deen77: 11:29am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

You mean the same 2015 senate rules used by the Senate is illegal? Stop this nonsense.

Stop comparing apple and orange by bringing external examiner "WASC" in this debate.

The Internal rules of daily business of the Senate is non of the Executive concern hence the obsession by the Executive into organizational structures and protocols is illegal.

Are you a lawyer, just wait and understand president power.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by gigabyte13: 11:32am On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

If I may ask, is it this same 2015 Senate standing rules that is quoted like 100 times on each senate seating / meeting for over a year now without a motion for amendment that is under dispute? Get off it, think reasonably beyond politics. This same document was used for ministerial confirmation, passing of 2016 budget among other landmark events since the 8th National Assembly.

Let's not digress, the debate is all about Executive interference on another independent organ of our government which is catastrophic to democracy.

Executive council meeting has their rules which is not subject to external scrutiny so is the Internal rules of the Senate.

If you understand the principle of locus standi in law, you will better appreciate my argumentz against dictatorship.

Sorry, your excellency, you didnt answer my questions. From your comments, l can only deduce that, you are angry with the executive but at home with saraki's led house as constituted wether legal or illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by jrusky(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2016
I know some people will still be ranting and be wasting their time on this issue its a real sorry case how some people reason honestly the mystery of human reasoning makes me to fear God so much because some reason from their brains while so many reason from their anus and still stand defending his or her awkward upside down brain.

Take it or leave it, belief it or disbelief it Saraki and Ekeremadu will finish four years as Senate president and Deputy if EFCC or EFDD or EFBB or the NL criers like it or not Saraki Ekeremadu will spend four years. Anyone who want to die can go ahead it's a free world. Ranting here in NL and the following hour Saraki is in Aso Rock smiling with Buhari with handshake and you are dreaming Saraki will be impeached or jail, you better wake up.

You are not calling on Amaechi to go and stand trial in his state for diversion of state fund to put Buhari on power Atiku can not be probe despite glaring evidence against him, Fashola is a saint for digging a Well and not (bore hole) at N120 million each, Buhari himself has not told us where is petroleum fund that got missing during his tenure in that department, Tinubu can not be check or probe to tell us where he got his wealth from etc want saraki and ekeremadu heads you must be a buffoon.

Keep shouting ok when you are tired you will go home or off your data.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Consiglier: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2016
doctokwus:
Senators against senators.I forsee saraki doing sth foolish soon out of frustration.
But truth be told,this pmb govt is one of the most calculative and brutal machines ever faced by any criminally exposed politician.They come at u like a bulldozer from all sides,with the minutest detail not left untouched.
I fear for Saraki and ekweremadu's health.

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by Akinola660: 11:51am On Jun 22, 2016
Wow, ain't that much
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

Simply put, the Executive lacks the locus standi to challenge rules in court - simple

Oga but it is not the executive that initiated the prosecution but members of the senate who were aggrieved with the process that petitioned the police to investigate - the latter, under the executive was just carrying out its constitutional role of pursuing a reported crime against the state to its logical conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by MamaletASO: 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Escuse me Admin; the list of witness is not complete.. It remain One person..

I (mamaletASO). I am also a witness..
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by neveve02: 12:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
God don dey catch ham small small
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by taribojacob(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
The Jagaban at war......the mandate now for the APC and their master chess players is to rope the two men as one and delete them from the senate top seats, this will eventually clear the way for a true and full bloodied APC SP and DSP.
Saraki and Ekweremadu are PDP impostors in an APC administration, single Saraki out and you are left with a true born PDP man as the next in line as Senate president, thereafter all bills from the executive branch would suffer a stampede, and the Executive would be brought to her knees begging to survive rounds of impeachment threats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by koboko69: 12:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
Be like dem don ban ladyexcellency.

Some people can be a disgrace sha.

Daft reasoning, silly logic, senseless gramma. Hate can be disastrous.
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by topsam1(m): 1:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
koboko69:

U av been spaming every political thread on this forum with kindergarten submissions. I think you should take a break, and let wailing elders do the job. You messing things up for them.

U Funny bro but na true...
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by fasbat(m): 1:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

the rules can't be changed just like that!!! Wake up,do some research,consult a lawmaker,he will tell u dt it can't be amended through administrative machinery as postulated by u above. How come d House of Rep did not have such abnormally? Why Why is it d its only d Senate dt its rule was amended?
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by skypeople(f): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seen
Re: Forgery: 15 Witnesses Lined Up Against Saraki, Ekweremadu, Others by ISpiksDaTroof: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
LadyExcellency:

What is this one saying?

Did you seriously just liken the Senate rule books to your diet planner?

You truly have no idea what you're talking about and are just playing to the gallery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: Sowore Has No Right To Call For 'Revolution Now' / Edo Ex-Militants Choose Buhari, Condemn Jonathan - The Punch / Cameron Praises Nigeria’s Anti-Corruption Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.