Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? (72233 Views)

Two Nigerian Sisters Who Are Pilots (Photos) / How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria And Also The Recquirements? / Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Gbamgist: 1:33pm On Nov 08, 2017

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olisa4all: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2017
Puffydon1:
My Dad is a majority share holder of Arik Air .
I'm an Aviation student from Los Angeles University .
Getting a job is not my fucking problem here in Nigeria

Sorry sir but what are we supposed to do with this irrelevant piece of information?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2017
[quote author=Olisa4all post=62186672]

[color=#000099] Sorry sir but what are we supposed to do with this irrelevant piece of advice.
meaning I'm not interested in stressing ma on irrelevant question.
Why should I bother to know about someone else earning
Poor thinkers question.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by ezzylee(m): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2017
Puffydon1:
My Dad is a majority share holder of Arik Air .
I'm an Aviation student from Los Angeles University .
Getting a job is not my fucking problem here in Nigeria

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Dollabiz: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2017
6890usd
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by ottidex(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2017
homesteady:

Where did you get your certificate from? Because I know LASU isn't an aeronautic school and you are a student of LASU.

Bro ur harsh..let him dream a Lil
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2017
Hiccups:

I have issues with my email and unable to respond to PM at the moment, you may ask any question here or be patient till I sort things out. Apologies.
Ok...i guess you are a rotary pilot. please share your experience. where you sponsored by your company through your training? someone advised me not to sponsor myself this period as jobs are limited, is this true? I have contacted some schools in the US but the cost of training is very expensive, and are you a dual rated Pilot? what advice will you give me?
I'm more interested in helicopters by the way. thanks

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

Ok...i guess you are a rotary pilot. please share your experience. where you sponsored by your company through your training? someone advised me not to sponsor myself this period as jobs are limited, is this true? I have contacted some schools in the US but the cost of training is very expensive, and are you a dual rated Pilot? what advice will you give me?
I'm more interested in helicopters by the way. thanks

Rotary pilot is a good career choice. I am happy you have an idea of the cost implications. Same cost issues makes it difficult to get trained by companies though not impossible. However, to make yourself an attractive trainee pilot, you may want to get PPL license first.

To be frank with you, there's a little Nigerian factor in most companies funding your training. If you possess a BSc, it may work against you, as pilot with BSc easily progress to management, hence a typical Nigerian Oga feels threatened as you seem to have better prospect. To corroborate my point, you will realize most pilot trained by this companies have WAEC only as at when they got trained. Another Nigerian factor is who you have to speak for you. God bless Nigeria grin

My little advice is for you to get a PPL first, then search for companies that will trained you for CPL license. Don't be too quick to disclose you have a Degree if you got none to speak for you. Also be informed AW139, AW109, Bell412, are among the common types in Nigeria. Finally, talk with more people who knows you better and are close to the industry, they may be better positioned to advise you based on such knowledge.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olisa4all: 9:36am On Nov 09, 2017
Hiccups:

Rotary pilot is a good career choice. I am happy you have an idea of the cost implications. Same cost issues makes it difficult to get trained by companies though not impossible. However, to make yourself an attractive trainee pilot, you may want to get PPL license first.

To be frank with you, there's a little Nigerian factor in most companies funding your training. If you possess a BSc, it may work against you, as pilot with BSc easily progress to management, hence a typical Nigerian Oga feels threatened as you seem to have better prospect. To corroborate my point, you will realize most pilot trained by this companies have WAEC only as at when they got trained. Another Nigerian factor is who you have to speak for you. God bless Nigeria grin

My little advice is for you to get a PPL first, then search for companies that will trained you for CPL license. Don't be too quick to disclose you have a Degree if you got none to speak for you. Also be informed AW139, AW109, Bell412, are among the common types in Nigeria. Finally, talk with more people who knows you better and are close to the industry, they may be better positioned to advise you based on such knowledge.

The emboldened is not true
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2017
Olisa4all:

The emboldened is not true

Do you have the facts to show its not true? If you do I'll gladly back down, typing 'not true' only isn't enough
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by prof1999(m): 11:14am On Nov 09, 2017
Funnicator:

Well, what's the programme like? I mean becoming a pilot and how long does it take to get practice and be licensed.

Employment rate in Nigeria too. I'm considering the move. I'm just 21 & in pharmacy school but it is no longer for me, got fed up.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olisa4all: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2017
Hiccups:

Do you have the facts to show its not true? If you do I'll gladly back down, typing 'not true' only isn't enough

You didn't back your points with facts either, sir.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by LOSKYXANDER: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hiccups:

thanks. would you like to share your experience as a pilot? which company do you fly for?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 2:06pm On Nov 09, 2017
Olisa4all:

You didn't back your points with facts either, sir.

No worries Sir, there's nothing to debate here, from your name, I want to believe you may be related with Captain Olisa who have worked mostly in Warri and Port Harcourt. Should my assumption be right, you may speak with him about this.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2017
LOSKYXANDER:

thanks. would you like to share your experience as a pilot? which company do you fly for?

Apologies Sir, It is difficult to say if I'm a pilot grin grin

One thing I can assure you, it's a nice profession, like flight get a bit turbulent at take-off and cruise thereafter, so is Pilot career. Like take-off and landing is critical to flight, so is Pilot career. These words sums it up.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Austinkoko1: 5:08pm On Nov 09, 2017
Treat as Urgent Pls: Three (3) more FEMALE MARKETERS needed as soon as possible at Life Learners Training Centre (Abuja).

Its an Information Technology Delivery Centre for all Professional Cadres as regards the I.T Industry.

Office Address: Suite 009/011, The Kings Plaza, Opp. NAF Conference centre, Banex-Kado Road, Abuja. Kindly mail your CV to oluwaloseayo@gmail.com.

Requirements:

Abuja Residents Only
Bachelor Degree Holder or its equivalent certificate.

Treat as Urgent.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by mavinc4u(f): 10:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by mavinc4u(f): 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2017
Airforce1:

He's right .

The highest paid are the helicopter pilots who earn over 3million .

An ordinary flight dispatcher with air peace earn 150 to 200k monthly .

Per flight? Because that was what the guy said.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by undisputedgbola(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
danthamccoy:

That guy gave a very detailed write up and you jumped in and gave a rebuttal, saying he doesn't know what he's saying. Oya answer the question and give us the facts na, you cannot or will not.
You're an upcoming artiste, that everyone knows. For all we know, that dude may be in the aviation industry. Na wa.
Dude wanna roll with his monicker grin
Dumbass

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olisa4all: 11:02am On Nov 15, 2017
Hiccups:

No worries Sir, there's nothing to debate here, from your name, I want to believe you may be related with Captain Olisa who have worked mostly in Warri and Port Harcourt. Should my assumption be right, you may speak with him about this.

Lmao, funny guy, I'm not related to any Captain Olisa

Hiccups:

Apologies Sir, It is difficult to say if I'm a pilot grin grin

One thing I can assure you, it's a nice profession, like flight get a bit turbulent at take-off and cruise thereafter, so is Pilot career. Like take-off and landing is critical to flight, so is Pilot career. These words sums it up.

Oga, are you a Pilot? Yes or No, no need for too much English
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 7:02pm On Nov 15, 2017
Olisa4all:

Lmao, funny guy, I'm not related to any Captain Olisa
Oga, are you a Pilot? Yes or No, no need for too much English

It pays to be funny, at least I want to believe grin grin
This is a faceless forum, saying Yes or No will do nothing to any (myself included)
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Zeezlamega(m): 11:44pm On Nov 29, 2017
Please....
How much do aircraft maintenace engineers make per month in Nigerian airlines......
And how much is their aircraft rating allowance??
Please honest answers would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olisa4all: 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2017
Hiccups:

It pays to be funny, at least I want to believe grin grin
This is a faceless forum, saying Yes or No will do nothing to any (myself included)

In essence you're NOT a pilot

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Zeezlamega(m): 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
Airforce1:

He's right .

The highest paid are the helicopter pilots who earn over 3million .

An ordinary flight dispatcher with air peace earn 150 to 200k monthly .

Is that plus their allowance or just basic salary... And please would love if you know the scale for AME
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by ifecostar(m): 1:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hiccups:

Do you mind if I can email you or get your instagram handle. I'm really interested in flying.

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
ifecostar:

Do you mind if I can email you or get your instagram handle. I'm really interested in flying.

Thanks in anticipation.

Flying is a good one. Great you interested, you can ask questions if any, I'm happy to assist. Wish you the best
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by JChigozie: 7:26am On May 17, 2018
New guy
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by JChigozie: 7:38am On May 17, 2018
Hiccups:

Flying is a good one. Great you interested, you can ask questions if any, I'm happy to assist. Wish you the best

An uncle told me it is better to study outside Nigeria than in Nigeria for pilot, he suggested Ethiopian Aviation Academy. What do you think?
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Hiccups: 2:15pm On May 28, 2018
JChigozie:

An uncle told me it is better to study outside Nigeria than in Nigeria for pilot, he suggested Ethiopian Aviation Academy. What do you think?

You will do well to study outside Nigeria, but certainly not EAA though I don't know your profile and budget. I'll suggest you figure out what firm you'll like to work with after training and go for their preferred Academy.
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by Olisa4all: 12:40pm On Jan 23, 2021
JChigozie:

USA
Re: How Much Do Airline Pilots Earn Monthly In Nigeria? by IAmXcessiz(m): 12:28am On Mar 30, 2023
Olisa4all:

USA

Flight schools in USA are expensive and their fees excludes accommodation and feeding. Most airlines that I came across that train pilots via flight schools accept only US citizens or permanent residents

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Joins The US Army. Photos / Pilot Career / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.