Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria (13811 Views)

The Real Truth About The Aso Villa Demo Day - A Finalist / Aso Villa Demo Day 2016: Pictures / Registration For Aso Villa Demo Day Closes 12 Midnight Today (2) (3) (4)

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by skypeople(f): 2:07pm On Jun 22, 2016
Seen
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by ugofwesh: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
today bro. i guess ill pitch at ph with the code.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by holahabib: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Got my code today to pitch in Lagos. Good thing i still made my trip to Lagos even though i chose Abuja.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by bishopjoe02(m): 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2016
oteneaaron:

i did too...was asked to send my preferred location...and startup name......

have you been contacted after sending your preferred location?

hey buddy, did you get any feedback from them after sending your startup and and preferred location. I am in your shoe
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
bishopjoe02:

hey buddy, did you get any feedback from them after sending your startup and and preferred location. I am in your shoe

no reply yet oooo....
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by bishopjoe02(m): 6:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
oteneaaron:

no reply yet oooo....
go to the website copy their email address and send them a mail, they will reply with an instruction on how you can verify your pitch status
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 7:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
ugofwesh:
hello guys, i stay at port harcourt and was invited to pitch at lagos. The timing was poor since the lagos pitch is tomao. Do i just attend the port harcourt pitch with the pitch code they gave me. since i can't really reach their line.

Please dial the Aso villa interactive line 014406868 with the telephone number you used to register for the pitch to confirm your status.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
ugofwesh:
today bro. i guess ill pitch at ph with the code.

Please dial the Aso villa interactive line 014406868 with the telephone number you used to register for the pitch to confirm your status.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2016
oteneaaron:

no reply yet oooo....

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
ugofwesh:
I stay at port harcourt, but was invited to lagos to pitch. how do i change it to port harcourt,or do i just burst into ph venue

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
tbaba1234:

They sent me a mail to call the number and I did. I'm just shocked they said I didn't pitch, when its the same number they sent a text to.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by Peinstein: 7:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
I have tried the aso villa number with the number i used in registering my pitch. All in heard from the voice prompt was that I didn't send the pitch, or I wasn't calling with the number I used to register. However, it is the same number I received the message to send my preferred location and startup name

What other options exist

Can I just go ahead to the pitch event
tbaba1234:

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by ugofwesh: 7:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
@tbaba1234, i called the line and they confirmed my status using my code,but i couldn't talk to anybody on the line. like i said earlier i sent ph as my location but was texted the pitch invite at lagos,but received the info late. would i be allowed to pitch at ph?, help o abeg.direct and straight forward answers needed.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by Peinstein: 8:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
Same issue here
Did you select Lagos as your location?
What do you plan on doing next
GlorifiedTunde:

They sent me a mail to call the number and I did. I'm just shocked they said I didn't pitch, when its the same number they sent a text to.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
Peinstein:
I have tried the aso villa number with the number i used in registering my pitch. All in heard from the voice prompt was that I didn't send the pitch, or I wasn't calling with the number I used to register. However, it is the same number I received the message to send my preferred location and startup name

What other options exist

Can I just go ahead to the pitch event

Same here....i called with the same number i used to register the same number i used to reply with my preferred location et al.....

My guess is there is a tech hitch somewhere.......why don't we recieve SMS notifications like before??

cc: @tbaba1234
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 8:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
oteneaaron:

Same here....i called with the same number i used to register the same number i used to reply with my preferred location et al.....

My guess is there is a tech hitch somewhere.......why don't we recieve SMS notifications like before??

Contact them on Facebook or twitter..
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2016
ugofwesh:
@tbaba1234, i called the line and they confirmed my status using my code,but i couldn't talk to anybody on the line. like i said earlier i sent ph as my location but was texted the pitch invite at lagos,but received the info late. would i be allowed to pitch at ph?, help o abeg.direct and straight forward answers needed.

Contact on Facebook or twitter...
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
tbaba1234:

Contact on Facebook or twitter...

av been sending them messages all day, @asovillademoday but no one is replying our tweets..
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by Peinstein: 8:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
Do you still plan on going to the venue tomorrow?

oteneaaron:

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 8:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
The same complaints all over twitter....

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 9:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
Peinstein:
Do you still plan on going to the venue tomorrow?

For where??

I'm in Abuja......i can't get to lagos this night ....even by Air, dat would have to be as early as 7am

but i selected my preferred location as Abuja......so i see mo reason why i should go to lagos.....

me just tire sef.....av been preparing for this Demo like madt.....but right now, i just feel like am wasting my time.......better i concentrate on my startup business,......that's the reason i applied in the 1st place.

Naija i hail thee...
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by Peinstein: 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
Hmm
oteneaaron:

For where??

I'm in Abuja......i can't get to lagos this night ....even by Air, dat would have to be as early as 7am

but i selected my preferred location as Abuja......so i see mo reason why i should go to lagos.....

me just tire sef.....av been preparing for this Demo like madt.....but right now, i just feel like am wasting my time.......better i concentrate on my startup business,......that's the reason i applied in the 1st place.

Naija i hail thee...
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by ugofwesh: 10:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Since you stay at abuja, just go for the abuja pitch. your code is what uniquely identifies u irregardless of your where they texted you to come pitch. i stay at ph but was told to come pitch at lagos, i declined for ph.

Okay everyone,i smell something fishy here. Best case scenario, you are being selected as one of the fifty to come pitch at aso rock. There is no free funding, if not venture capitalists and angel investors would not be present at the demo day. whenever venture capitalists are around they give either debt financing or exchange shares in your business for money.Most of us are all startuppers and giving our shares at this early stage is not healthy. Secondly, our ideas stand the risk of idea theft.

My point is that this isn't borne out of pure interest for we young startuppers,if not the terms of the financing would have been clearly stated and free mentorship would have been attached to it. Why bring in investors and vc''s..
My opinion o, feel free to clarify the air.

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2016
ugofwesh:
Since you stay at abuja, just go for the abuja pitch. your code is what uniquely identifies u irregardless of your where they texted you to come pitch. i stay at ph but was told to come pitch at lagos, i declined for ph.

Okay everyone,i smell something fishy here. Best case scenario, you are being selected as one of the fifty to come pitch at aso rock. There is no free funding, if not venture capitalists and angel investors would not be present at the demo day. whenever venture capitalists are around they give either debt financing or exchange shares in your business for money.Most of us are all startuppers and giving our shares at this early stage is not healthy. Secondly, our ideas stand the risk of idea theft.

My point is that this isn't borne out of pure interest for we young startuppers,if not the terms of the financing would have been clearly stated and free mentorship would have been attached to it. Why bring in investors and vc''s..
My opinion o, feel free to clarify the air.

I am sure, you will be able to pitch at Ph or Abuja.. But you can still try to contact them on Facebook tomorrow.. They were quite responsive earlier in the day.

Recently, Mark Zuckerberg put in $24 million in Andela, a Nigerian start-up...

If your idea is sound, it will attract money.. The investors are there, looking for the next great idea.

The assistance could maybe come in the form of a grant, or a loan or they buy the idea off you... I think, it will most likely be a grant unless the idea is so awesome that they will buy it off you.
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by ugofwesh: 12:30am On Jun 23, 2016
That's true. But protecting your business or idea should be core to you, besides angel investments usually becomes interesting when your business is above the ground floor and growing at a fast pace,such as andela. most applicants have simply brilliant ideas. Wether it's incubation or seed funding they are sure having higher stakes in that idea when it turns into a business, and might possibly bring in their guy as CEO to manage the business. My VEX is that this avdd was overhyped, as it doesn't protect the interest of the upcoming nigerian entrepreneurs. What they need is free financing and mentorship and a stringent follow up programme ensuring this is achieved. Why expose this young start ups to sharks. We need vibrancy in other areas of the sector,that is why these entrepreneurs have to be properly mentored to customize their products for the nigerian market. Angel investors my ass!.. with the hatdtimes we are facing no investor is giving free money and if they like your idea they are coming hard for funding and hard for shares in your business.
The avdd is a nice idea but the aproach is totally wrong!

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 7:30am On Jun 23, 2016
From what i understand, it's only those for the LAGOS pitch that were contacted....and its only them that can get a positive reply from the interactive call.....

For we that applied with ABJ as our own location, I guess we should receive a reply after the LAGOS pitch is concluded.......

Goodmorning everyone....

cc: @tbaba1234....am i correct?
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 7:32am On Jun 23, 2016
oteneaaron:
From what i understand, it's only those for the LAGOS pitch that were contacted....and its only them that can get a positive reply from the interactive call.....

For we that applied with ABJ as our own location, I guess we should receive a reply after the LAGOS pitch is concluded.......

Goodmorning everyone....

cc: @tbaba1234....am i correct?

You should still try to confirm. Keep trying to contact them on social media
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 7:36am On Jun 23, 2016
tbaba1234:

You should still try to confirm. Keep trying to contact them on social media

they aren't responding..
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by tbaba1234: 7:37am On Jun 23, 2016
I understand successful candidates have been contacted but any one with uncertainties should contact them on social media
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Anyone here in Lagos?

Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by Emmy9ite(m): 10:04am On Jun 23, 2016
Has anyone received a pitch code for Port Harcourt??
Re: Aso Villa Demo Day Selection Criteria by oteneaaron(m): 10:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Emmy9ite:
Has anyone received a pitch code for Port Harcourt??

I'm for Abuja....no response yet.

Sahara Group Graduate And Experience Job Recruitment ( 4 Positions) / Push CV Elite Employee Quest 2015 / Hostcom: Is The F.g. Charging Youths To Train Them Or Is This A Scam?