Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? (5866 Views)

Starting A Sugarcane Farming Business In Nigeria / Sugarcane - Wealth Solution / Countertop Sugarcane Juice Extractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Alpha2k(m): 1:46am On Jun 22, 2016
Four hectares of sugarcane farm to be allocated to four farmers.
REASON: The reasons for the choice of sugarcane are: A. It is an industrial - cash crop. B. Harvest & Sales is done 2 times in a year. C. The soil advantage of this location. D. Ease of maintenace since it is a monocrop. E. Once planted, it is a continous harvest. F. Sales is done on the farm removing logistics expenses. G. High reliability and more.
DETAILS:
Crop: Sugarcane.
Intercrop: Watermelon 3 months
Location: Lukosi-chinese road, off papalanto-ofada road, ogun state.
Size of land: 100m x 100m.
Density: 3,000 sugarcane plants.
Duration: 2 years.
Fencing: Bamboo perimetre barrier for each hectare.
Land clearing: June.
Planting time: July.
R.O.I. PROJECTED:
1. Watermelon: 3,000 big ball valued at N150 each.
2. Sugarcane: 1st harvest in march 2017 N400k. 2nd harvest in August 2017 N400k. Same period in 2018 same projected returns.
Cost per hectare: N500k. Installmental funding and inspection recommended. M.O.U to be signed by both parties.
Call/whatsapp 09050568071 for reservation.
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Alpha2k(m): 1:55am On Jun 22, 2016
Sample picture of sugarcane farm

Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by sexxydiva(f): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2016
Wowwww
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by lexicot: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
I am considering getting involve also in sugarcane farming but I am looking at early next year. But Its never a bad idea to start planning now. It may likely involve investor money so I will need more than an hectare. I will sort your number to add you up. Regards.
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Alpha2k(m): 7:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
lexicot:
I am considering getting involve also in sugarcane farming but I am looking at early next year. But Its never a bad idea to start planning now. It may likely involve investor money so I will need more than an hectare. I will sort your number to add you up. Regards.
Noted and standingby.
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Now4now: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2016
HOW DO ONE GO ABOUT SUGAR CANE FARMING?
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Daniel058(m): 11:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
I don't want to discourage anyone here but want to let you all know that sugarcane need a lot of water to survive, also i think there are too many peoples going into it .. If Dangote Is to take his 300k hectares of sugarcane harvest to open market , then he can sell even in ur local market.. Sugarcane farming na tayasom work ooooooooooooooo.. The kanda fit tear ur skin badly .. some don run leave their farm oo.. grin .. Better research any business idea posted on this forum, then i promise u go SEE am in evry nooks and croonies of this country.. Nairalanders lives in almost all the villages e in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Alpha2k(m): 4:43am On Aug 10, 2016
Now4now:
HOW DO ONE GO ABOUT SUGAR CANE FARMING?
You need a wetland to start. Clear up and plant. Do weeding and regular maintenance.
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by SenseiAri: 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2016
Daniel058:
I don't want to discourage anyone here but want to let you all know that sugarcane need a lot of water to survive, also i think there are too many peoples going into it .. If Dangote Is to take his 300k hectares of sugarcane harvest to open market , then he can sell even in ur local market.. Sugarcane farming na tayasom work ooooooooooooooo.. The kanda fit tear ur skin badly .. some don run leave their farm oo.. grin .. Better research any business idea posted on this forum, then i promise u go SEE am in evry nooks and croonies of this country.. Nairalanders lives in almost all the villages e in Nigeria..

Please share your experience on sugarcane farming.
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Sunglow: 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2016
What about Bee farming?
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
pls how much does it cost to set up a plant to process sugarcane to sugar
Re: Are You Considering Sugarcane Farming? by Curiouscity(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2016
Alpha2k:
Four hectares of sugarcane farm to be allocated to four farmers.
REASON: The reasons for the choice of sugarcane are: A. It is an industrial - cash crop. B. Harvest & Sales is done 2 times in a year. C. The soil advantage of this location. D. Ease of maintenace since it is a monocrop. E. Once planted, it is a continous harvest. F. Sales is done on the farm removing logistics expenses. G. High reliability and more.
DETAILS:
Crop: Sugarcane.
Intercrop: Watermelon 3 months
Location: Lukosi-chinese road, off papalanto-ofada road, ogun state.
Size of land: 100m x 100m.
Density: 3,000 sugarcane plants.
Duration: 2 years.
Fencing: Bamboo perimetre barrier for each hectare.
Land clearing: June.
Planting time: July.
R.O.I. PROJECTED:
1. Watermelon: 3,000 big ball valued at N150 each.
2. Sugarcane: 1st harvest in march 2017 N400k. 2nd harvest in August 2017 N400k. Same period in 2018 same projected returns.
Cost per hectare: N500k. Installmental funding and inspection recommended. M.O.U to be signed by both parties.
Call/whatsapp 09050568071 for reservation.

@op, you only mentioned the selling price of the products per ha. What is the yield per ha? Or is it given that a hectare must be sold at that price even if the production is extremely poor?

(1) (Reply)

Castor Seeds Plantations Contract Farming Re-open / Fresh Cassava For Sale Per Pick Up / Egusi Peeling Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.