Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,426 members, 7,830,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 (587 Views)

Bandits Kill 2 Policemen, 7 Others In Fresh Attack In Zamfara / Operation SHARAN DAJI Of Nigerian Army Clear Armed Bandits Out Of Gobirawan. / Does It Mean That MTN Have Stopped Truetalk+? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by Oiselenjakhian(m): 5:54am On Jun 22, 2016
“Dear Customer, you have successfully subscribed to Family and Lifestyle and 50.00 deducted from your account. Your service will be renewed on 2016-06-28. To cancel, text STOP FAL to 33388. Enjoy!”

It takes one event to make someone angry enough to fight back and this was it. Yesterday I got the above message from MTN and I felt a sense of real outrage. It was the cheeky Enjoy at the end of the message that made me snap so I decided to fight back.

It is pathetic that I never even signed up for that service. If I did, I assure you that I was tricked into doing so. MTN sends out this messages that eclipse the whole of your phone and once you try to exit it you could be signed up for any service of their choice.

Since the NCC decided to slam MTN with a fine, MTN has decided that the best way to raise the money is to live off the land.

As a company they have always repatriated their profits back to South Africa so they have decided to keep the money in South Africa and raise the amount for the fine from Nigerians.

I was never in those rooms when MTN “settled” people to enter Nigeria. I am a simple teacher who would love to live in peace but like MKO Abiola said, I don’t want the peace of the graveyard.

Today its N50 and we say nothing. I could revoke the message because I knew how to use my phone. The way the law of averages goes, MTN knows that some Nigerians will be unable to cancel the service.

It is this set of Nigerians that will be robbed. MTN has a company has roots in South Africa. The blacks in South Africa were robbed for MTN to exist. Now they have come to Nigeria to do the same. The other networks are no better so I don’t endorse any of them.

It isn’t a fight I think I can win but for too long in my life, I have held my peace and watched while the world went to shit and this is how it always starts. I come from a tribe that has a saying: "Even a cripple can destroy work." So I have decided to do something about this.

The history of my people teaches me that the only deterrent to attack is the thought of a Pyrrhic victory. Nations who had a reputation for being formidable in battle were rarely attacked and that is the reason for this post. The N50 that was collected for me yesterday will cost the company at least N5,000 in goodwill.

Let the little sin go and the sinner gets bolder.

I say enough is enough.

Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by psucc(m): 6:01am On Jun 22, 2016
You never jam Glo or Airtel. The truth is that all if them are typically Nigeria. They are criminals - Buhari.

Today, call rates had been increase subtly.
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by seyema(m): 6:05am On Jun 22, 2016
Mtn is a corporate thief
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by Godyke(m): 6:12am On Jun 22, 2016
How do you intend to revoke the message? because you can only cancel the renewal but cannot undo the deduction. I am really interested in the last paragraph of your post. please show how to make that amount from this situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by ybalogs(m): 6:14am On Jun 22, 2016
Nah only God go fit punish them oooo. Can't see anything more annoying than that. Ole oloju wonkowonko.
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by senatorn3c(m): 6:14am On Jun 22, 2016
And y r we still using Mtn in dis country...

Team Glo
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by ybalogs(m): 6:17am On Jun 22, 2016
I think we should start an harshtag with #MTN419 on Twitter sef. Onyeara emptyhen
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by sexxydiva(f): 6:17am On Jun 22, 2016
Lol
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by ybalogs(m): 6:18am On Jun 22, 2016
Mtn barawo shege
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 22, 2016
Mtn will pay the fine, and deduct iy from their subscribers.
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by Oiselenjakhian(m): 11:37am On Jun 22, 2016
So the N50 is gone. I am still mad about this.

I don't believe in suffering in silence and truthfully they are all the same.

May God help us.
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by Oiselenjakhian(m): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2016
Godyke:
How do you intend to revoke the message? because you can only cancel the renewal but cannot undo the deduction. I am really interested in the last paragraph of your post. please show how to make that amount from this situation.

Well you read this post and a lot of other people did. I wrote on all my social media networks. So think of the marketing value to undo the damage I caused.
Re: MTN Have Become Bandits #MTN419 by JideSM: 8:35am On Jun 23, 2016
Oiselenjakhian:
“Dear Customer, you have successfully subscribed to Family and Lifestyle and 50.00 deducted from your account. Your service will be renewed on 2016-06-28. To cancel, text STOP FAL to 33388. Enjoy!”

It takes one event to make someone angry enough to fight back and this was it. Yesterday I got the above message from MTN and I felt a sense of real outrage. It was the cheeky Enjoy at the end of the message that made me snap so I decided to fight back.

It is pathetic that I never even signed up for that service. If I did, I assure you that I was tricked into doing so. MTN sends out this messages that eclipse the whole of your phone and once you try to exit it you could be signed up for any service of their choice.

Since the NCC decided to slam MTN with a fine, MTN has decided that the best way to raise the money is to live off the land.

As a company they have always repatriated their profits back to South Africa so they have decided to keep the money in South Africa and raise the amount for the fine from Nigerians.

I was never in those rooms when MTN “settled” people to enter Nigeria. I am a simple teacher who would love to live in peace but like MKO Abiola said, I don’t want the peace of the graveyard.

Today its N50 and we say nothing. I could revoke the message because I knew how to use my phone. The way the law of averages goes, MTN knows that some Nigerians will be unable to cancel the service.

It is this set of Nigerians that will be robbed. MTN has a company has roots in South Africa. The blacks in South Africa were robbed for MTN to exist. Now they have come to Nigeria to do the same. The other networks are no better so I don’t endorse any of them.

It isn’t a fight I think I can win but for too long in my life, I have held my peace and watched while the world went to shit and this is how it always starts. I come from a tribe that has a saying: "Even a cripple can destroy work." So I have decided to do something about this.

The history of my people teaches me that the only deterrent to attack is the thought of a Pyrrhic victory. Nations who had a reputation for being formidable in battle were rarely attacked and that is the reason for this post. The N50 that was collected for me yesterday will cost the company at least N5,000 in goodwill.

Let the little sin go and the sinner gets bolder.

I say enough is enough.

Hello Oiselenjakhian, I can understand that you feel this way, so sorry. I'll be glad to assist. Kindly PM your number.
I also run a thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread where issues like this can be referred to for assistance. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Wike Approves Take-off Of Port Harcourt Poly / U.S Has Declared War, Says North Korea / Six Things That Can Break That Relationship Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.