Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,542 members, 7,955,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Glo's Data Speed Finally Improving - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo's Data Speed Finally Improving (736 Views)

Easy Fix For Glo Data Network Not Displaying / Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Glo's Data Speed Finally Improving by Dharnchuks(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
It's no news that the telecoms industry in Nigeria is witnessing a data war among major players like Mtheen , Airtel, GloSlow etc. Glo has been blazing the trail but one major problem with them had been their speed hence the alias GloSlow.
But recently I noticed their speed has improved. I was downloading a large file today on my phone using UC Browser and when I checked, the speed hit a high of 1.02 Mbt/s. Though the speed kept fluctuating. It hovered around 500 Kb/s. When I took the screen shots it was around 600 kb/s. The Glo sim was in a different phone with which I used hotspot to connect the one I was using to download
Well the speed is not too bad considering this was between 12 noon and 2pm.
I bought 10 Gb for just 2500. To me that's amazingly cheap. You can check out their data plans by dialing *777#. Select data services and chose from the range presented.

Re: Glo's Data Speed Finally Improving by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dharnchuks:
It's no news that the telecoms industry in Nigeria is witnessing a data war among major players like Mtheen , Airtel, GloSlow etc. Glo has been blazing the trail but one major problem with them had been their speed hence the alias GloSlow.
But recently I noticed their speed has improved. I was downloading a large file today on my phone using UC Browser and when I checked, the speed hit a high of 1.02 Mbt/s. Though the speed kept fluctuating. It hovered around 500 Kb/s. When I took the screen shots it was around 600 kb/s. The Glo sim was in a different phone with which I used hotspot to connect the one I was using to download
Well the speed is not too bad considering this was between 12 noon and 2pm.
I bought 10 Gb for just 2500. To me that's amazingly cheap. You can check out their data plans by dialing *777#. Select data services and chose from the range presented.

Show the speed using speedtest app not uc browser.

(1) (Reply)

A Staggering Promise From The New Gionee M5 Plus / How To Update Play Store / How To Do Airtel Data Sharing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.