Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,457 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans (2274 Views)

Facebook Deletes 583m Fake Accounts / Elon Musk Deletes Telsa and SpaceX's Facebook Page / How To Use Only One Superglue For Over 2 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by WalkerMichael(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
So on the 22nd of June 2016 I woke up to 2 emails from the facebook team which read: Hello, Your Page “Gossip Mill Nigeria” has been removed for violating our Terms of Use. A Facebook Page is a distinct presence used solely for business or promotional purposes. Among other things, Pages that are hateful, threatening, or obscene are not allowed. We also take down Pages that attack an individual or group, or that are set up by an unauthorized individual. If your Page was removed for any of the above reasons, it will not be reinstated. Continued misuse of Facebook’s features could result in the permanent loss of your account. The Facebook Team Hello, Because of several prior reports that content on your Page ( https://www.facebook.com/Gossip-Mill- Nigeria-229799260559929/ ) violates someone else’s intellectual property rights, this Page has been removed. You can find further information about intellectual property issues in our Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/intellectual_ property Thanks, The Facebook Team Shockingly, this Email did not come as a surprise to me as Gossip Mill Nigeria is practically the fastest growing Nigerian page on facebook and the most active as a matter of facts they are only 2 Pages with more Fans than us Naij with -3million fans and information Nigeria with 2.8million fans and for a while now we have been Victims of a series of senseless Copyright reports from disgruntled Fans and Competitors. What these disgruntled fellows do is visit the facebook Copyright Report Centre create fake Emails and then file in a series of reports claiming to be the owners of videos or Photos we have permissions from the real owners to post, then facebook innocently takes down the videos thinking they are protecting the copyright of the content creator not knowing they are unknowingly doing the evil biddings of Mischief Makers. After 3 or 4 copyright reports are lodged against your facebook page it will be deleted or Unpublished by Facebook both words actually mean the same thing.
Early this month these Mischief Makers Created a fake Email and Reported a couple of Mark Angel Comedy series videos and some other videos. I then called Mark Angel and he Categorically told me he never filed any copyright report and that another popular African facebook page named We African Nations was also experiencing a similar Problem. I immediately contacted the facebook team Back by sending a: Copyright Counter Complaint: #130114570721513 Explaining to them that i had permissions from the content creators of the video posted, The videos where then reinstated what was not clear to me was whether it was reinstated by the facebook team or the Person who reported it but that did not actually matter as the damage had already been done as facebook had already placed a 30days ban on my page the instant the videos where initially deleted, I was under this 30days ban but still the Copyright reports kept on pouring in till the Page was eventually Deleted. I respect the fact that facebook Protects the copyright of a content creator but then they leave we the Facebook Page Owners vulnerable as anyone with access to this link ” Copyright Report Centre ” can come to your facebook page and delete any Photo or video he or she feels like deleting, And facebook will not carry out any proper investigation before deleting your page. Something similar happened to sowore of SaharaReporters a while back Read it on Here or Here The Painful Reality is if whoever reported the passport reports one or two more articles on SR’s facebook Page, Facbook will take it down not even bothering to properly investigate what actually transpired. Does this mean no matter the amount of fans you have on facebook your page is completely Worthless and can be deleted at anytime by facebook? Well i then embarked to find answers to this question on the internet and the results i saw was shocking as this kind of Malicious act has been happening for a while now see other similar stories. Redmond Pie’s 240k Facebook Page Taken Down On Bogus Complaint [UPDATE: We’re Back!] Neowin’s Facebook page taken offline – We’re Back! (Again) Facebook Deletes Sitesells Facebook Page Well i then visited the facebook help centre and saw a channel on ” Why Your Page or Content Was Removed” Facebook is not in a position to adjudicate disputes between third parties . If you believe these reports are not being made in good faith or are inaccurate, we suggest you or your legal counsel contact the complaining party to discuss this further. Facebook literally leaves you at the mercy of anyone who decides to wake up one morning and file A Copyright report against you i was even lucky they replied me once (As shown in my Above screenshots) Because i have been trying to contact them back ever since but i keep getting automated Mails or no response at all, Still can not find a way to get to an Actual human being at facebook. Anyone with any useful information on how i can get through to the facebook team can reach me on my Phone number +234 7059938925 or email GossipMillNigeria@ gmail.com Somto Monanu.

Re: Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by WalkerMichael(m): 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
SOURCE http://www.gossipmill.com/2016/06/facebook-deletes-gossip-mill-nigerias-facebook-page-with-over-2-6million-fans/

@lalasticlala please move to the appropriate place let everyone see what Facebook has done. Quite unfortunate
Re: Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Nigerians: breaking copyright laws while trying to justify their shameless behaviour since time immemorial.
Abegi, this is service to the community. Those 2.6m Nigerians need jobs so they'd loiter Facebook less.
Facebook I'm sure has the means to verify real copyright complaints from fakes so leave matter to Mathias; if they say you're wrong there's very little need to to appeal.
Re: Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by bqlekan(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2016
This is really bad, going by your side of the story tho.
Why not try paragraphing your write-up, to make it easier to read.
Re: Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by TeamPacific: 7:20am On Jul 05, 2019
Any update on this ?
Re: Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by Mustiboy(m): 5:31pm On Oct 29, 2019
TeamPacific:
Any update on this ?
I need to know too.

I need an alternative to gossip mill.
Re: Facebook Deletes Gossip Mill Nigeria’s Facebook Page With Over 2.6million Fans by WalkerMichael(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mustiboy:
I need to know too.

I need an alternative to gossip mill.

Yabaleftonline

Gistreel

Gossipmill is gone for life.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Dive Into Tech? Here Are 11 Most In-demand Tech Skill To Learn In 2022 / Help Me To Unlock My Glo Modem / New Software For Unlocking Modem / Iran Detects, Repels US U2 Reconnaissance Plane: Cmdr.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.