Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Admitted to Havard Executive Programme - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Admitted to Havard Executive Programme (903 Views)

DSAP: Daystar Skill Acquisition Programme Set 15 2014 / Havard University Scholarship Or Dangote's P.A? / Can An Art Student With D7 In Maths Be Admitted Into Any Nigerian Uni/poly Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by DaddyO(m): 12:50pm On Sep 02, 2009
I have just been admitted on a self funded executive programme at Harvard Business School (Strategy and leadership).

I'm planning to relocate to Nigeria soon from Canada, but not sure how much value employers place on them? Still contemplating if it's value for money in the nigerian context.

Programme cost = $12,000.
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by peruso: 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2009
can u be abit more clearer on wot u mean?
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by Vernor(m): 3:26pm On Sep 02, 2009
Pls dont come back to Nigeria except u Know God , Yar adua and VIP in d country
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by DaddyO(m): 3:37pm On Sep 02, 2009
Pls dont come back to Nigeria except u Know God , Yar adua and VIP in d country

That bad?? I know God. But as for Yar adua and VP, not a chance.
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by AjanleKoko: 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2009
DaddyO:

I have just been admitted on a self funded executive programme at Harvard Business School (Strategy and leadership).

I'm planning to relocate to Nigeria soon from Canada, but not sure how much value employers place on them? Still contemplating if it's value for money in the nigerian context.

Programme cost = $12,000.

Asides this programme, what are your qualifications, and work experience?
In Nigeria, or any other country for that matter, this program, and whatever certificate is issued at the end of it, cannot justify any ROI you are expecting just on its own strength. Even where you are currently, I'm aware that's the situation as well.

Executive development programs are usually meant to be MCPD programs (mandatory continuing professional development), and are no substitute for the real thing. You still need a good degree at undergraduate or graduate level, and possibly some reasonable work experience. For graduate programs, such as MBAs, definitely there are opportunities.
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by canuck(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ Poster
Almost everyone in senior management at Nigerian banking industry is a grad of Havard's AMP! De wey naija people dey rush the tin tire me o.

Who knows? With a strong Harvard alumni network in Nigeria (this I know for sure), and your stint in Canada, you might be able to secure a good opportunity.

@Ajanlekoko
You just offloaded a ton of common sense!
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by DaddyO(m): 3:17pm On Sep 13, 2009
Thanks for your response guys.

Executive development programs are usually meant to be MCPD programs (mandatory continuing professional development

Correct. But one would have to expect extra value by attending one that cost as much as twice the cost of most.

You still need a good degree at undergraduate or graduate level, and possibly some reasonable work experience. For graduate programs, such as MBAs, definitely there are opportunities

Yes, I suppose this would be expected. I have two Masters degrees - an MBA and an MSc and worked for over 14 years in Technology
architecture and Risk Management.

Would be nice, unfortunately, the short programme by itself will not qualify one for the Alumni status
Re: Admitted to Havard Executive Programme by mbulela: 5:31am On Sep 14, 2009
canuck:

@ Poster
Almost everyone in senior management at Nigerian banking industry is a grad of Havard's AMP! De wey naija people dey rush the tin tire me o.

Who knows? With a strong Harvard alumni network in Nigeria (this I know for sure), and your stint in Canada, you might be able to secure a good opportunity.

@Ajanlekoko
You just offloaded a ton of common sense!

he offloads them often.

(1) (Reply)

Mind Your Manners! Office Etiquette Tips For New Grads / How To Start Your Own Internet Money Making Machine On Autopilot / What Is The Career Of A Mechatronics Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.