Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court (32156 Views)

Innoson Vs GTB: How Does A Private Commercial Matter Becomes EFCC Case? - Saraki / There Is Suffering In The Land, Saraki Tells Buhari / FG Charges Saraki And Ekweremadu With Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Taeewo(m): 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
The Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has asked a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory, Jabi, Abuja, to quash the forgery charges instituted against him and other co-defendants.
He urged the court to alternatively adjourn the case indefinitely.
Saraki, in the application which his lawyer, Mr. Ahmed Raji (SAN), filed on Wednesday, said compelling him to face the fresh forgery charges alongside his ongoing trial before the Code of Conduct Tribunal would jeopardise his right to fair hearing.
‎The Senate President is currently being prosecuted before the CCT on 16 counts of false and anticipatory asset declaration.
On June 10, the Federal Government preferred two counts of criminal conspiracy and forgery of the Standing Rules of the Senate used for the leadership election of the presiding officers of the Senate in J‎une last year against him, the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and two others.
The other two co-accused are a former Clerk to the National Assembly, Salisu Maikasu, and his deputy, Benedict Efeturi.
The Federal Government stated that the offence of conspiracy is punishable under Section 97 (1) of the Penal Code Act; and offence of forgery with “fraudulent intent” punishable under Section 364 of the same law.
Justice Yusuf Halilu of the FCT High Court in Jabi where the accused were charged, had on Tuesday ordered that the charges preferred against them be pasted to the notice board of the National Assembly.
The judge ‎fixed Monday (June 27) for arraignment of the four accused persons.
But in his fresh motion, Saraki challenged the competence of the charges which he said disclosed no prima facie case against him.
‎He also contested the mode of service through pasting of the court summons alongside the charges to the notice board of the National Assembly on Tuesday.
He asked the court to set aside the service for being invalid.

www.punchng.com/cant-face-cct-trial-together-forgery-case-saraki-tells-court/

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by bokohalal(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2016
The trials will run concurrently

101 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by alizma: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2016
Saraki in serious trouble.

modified:
kai second to comment should be celebrated too.
STC dedicated to the first woman from Nigeria who identified an unchain dog in government house.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Frankiss44(m): 8:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
Double wahala for dead body.. And the owner of dead body

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by modath(f): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
I almost started to sympathize with him cos it can't be easy facing so much travails, then the Société & Trade Banks heist slapped me in the face, a kon receive sense again.... .

He & his family made many people cry, so deserves no pity, he is just getting served his dish cold... Karma can pick and choose.. Matters less... Judgement... cool

Midolian, come oooo... Senate President seat inheritor wan see you... smiley

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Sir many Nigerians are facing more than two problems(inadequate electricity supply,bad roads,bad healthcare,poverty) at once and we are getting by.
So shut up and deal with your mess.

257 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by midolian(m): 8:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
modath:

I almost started to sympathize with him cos it can't be easy facing so much travails, then the Société & Trade Banks heist slapped me in the face, a kon receive sense again.... .

He & his family made many people cry, so deserves no pity, he is just getting served his dish cold... Karma can pick and choose.. Matters less... Judgement... cool

Midolian, come oooo...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Me I no pity am @ all oo.. Person wey wan go steal cement suppose know say na load hin wan go carry. This man neva know anything. The time wey hin dey do these things, hin no know say dem get consequences?

In fact, I am beginning to see Nigeria as a sick country.. If not, why should we still have this man as SP? Can't we all go out to protest till this man vacates that seat for a better person? I do not think Lawrence Anini, despite bn a notorious robber faced two trials @ d same time in his reigning days. angry angry

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by gen2briz(m): 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
Did you know the amount of trials we face as a citizen of the country. (no light, bad Road, poor economy, no salaries etc). And you're there complaining about common trials. No just complain and face it with full attention and joy.

23 Likes

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Remii(m): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
but you can file multiple appeals against CCT rulings abi, smh

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Taeewo(m): 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
On point
hagmond1:
Sir many Nigerians are facing more than two problems(inadequate electricity supply,bad roads,bad healthcare,poverty) at once and we are getting by.
So shut up and deal with your mess.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by pharmagba: 8:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
Which court will hear that.
Saraki you are a major beneficiary of the forgery, how could you be ignorant.
If you are ignorant you ought to have seen the discrepancies and what did you do. Nothing.
Integrity should have made you call for a rerun, you may even have won.
But you were scared because to you the senate president seat is worth sacrificing everything for

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by EdCure: 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2016
He should just resign and stop throwing everything, including the Senate credibility and apparatus, into the ring.
This is the height of desperation.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mtcheeewww! I expect the relief to be thrown by the court....

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by dunkem21(m): 9:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
He just pleaded with the court to adjourn the forgery case pending the determination of the day by day CCT trial..

.. no be to comot as Senate president? .. na one after the other na.. cool

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by youngeagle(m): 9:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
Expect more sha,maybe sexually assault this time...APC desperation knows no bound.

5 Likes

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
bokohalal:
The trials will run concurrently
Pls is Saraki in two? How can he appear before two courts at the same time? Reminder: Trial absentia is alien to our Judicial system so stop oozing nonsense and follow the law

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by solid3(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
This Saraki is very stubborn. You shall be removed whether u like it or yes..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2016
Saraki is fighting the biggest political battle of his life. If he comes out of this unscathed, he will go down in history as a classic example of a cat with nine lives.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by LocalChamp: 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2016
LocalChamp:
SARAKI, THE FACE OF CORRUPTION
And Aisha Buhari is the face of Bribery, Buhari the face of perjury

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by searchng4love: 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2016
Modath go under the duvet...

modath:

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by vickylincon(m): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chai. All these cases you people are sharing... Daris god o

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Leoswaggs(m): 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
They are both crimes mr man..U never c something

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by MKO4ever(m): 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2016
Only two cases and he is already complaining!!!
What will happen when the cases become four or five?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Samtoby(m): 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
Tell that to the gods...

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Dething: 10:16pm On Jun 22, 2016
But He could commit the two or even more offences together abi? At the same time! God will punish you sir! Just resign!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by iyke484real(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
behind the scenes is buhari and Co. Taurmenting the good people of the zoo in other to achieve their evil motives. But God is bigger than them all shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by malton: 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
Our past really catches up with us--it's indeed that fast-paced --- Saraki is prove!

If cunning people on two fronts was easy as pie, being charged on two fronts should be a cakewalk.

Yes you can!

8 Likes

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Lordmykel(m): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
why not say, I can't be a corrupt leader and the Senate president at the same time

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by kulobyno: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
Nigerians and sit tight political mentality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
modath:

Dont Ever Pity That Thief Who Is After Life Pension Wen He Is Fully Aware D Country Is Broke.

13 Likes

Re: I Can’t Face CCT Trial Together With Forgery Case, Saraki Tells Court by wizyhuma(f): 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
ok this is karma at work

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reactions As Buhari Campaigns In Enugu / Daniel Nwankwo Kalu: Obituary Of Soldier Shot Dead In A Gun Battle In Kaduna / Unknown Gunmen Storm Ebonyi Village, Kill Many People, Burn Over 200 Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.