Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit (36086 Views)

FG Drags Ibrahim Tumsah To Court, Seizes 86 Cars, 4 Houses / Femi Fani-kayode's Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling Upholding Makarfi-Led PDP / FG Drags NLC And TUC To Court Over Planned Industrial Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by ibitzbarlow(m): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2016
KahlDrogo:
**** It says the land was set aside for "sight and services" and the state government revoked it. The scheme (sight and services), done in all states of the federation, was initiated by the FG under the Jonathan for housing and recreation.

Hatred no go allow una see road.

You need to pay attention to details, my dear. The said land was acquired in 1992 (in the military era probably under IBB) by the FG. That was before democracy or Jonathan came on board. Goodluck couldnt have acquired that land in 1992 for his " sight and services" scheme as you claim from 2010-2015. Do the maths please.
I dont see any hatred here rather genuine complain. Not all states are blessed with large expanse of land in the country. In the military era "lands" were acquired under the guise of FG and owership later changed to private individuals. No work, construction or activity on the said land since 1992; that could lead any state govt to revoke ownership of the land and appropriate same for better use.
Questions I would ask before taking sides are:
1. Did the FG attempt dialogue with the Anambra state government b4 filing the suit?
2. Did the FG acquire the land the right way (was due process followed?)?
3. Did Anambra state follow due process in revoking the land ownership?
4. Is the 50billion damages sought by the FG rational?
5. Is it right for the FG or any State government to tie-down such size of land without making efforts to utilize them?

Criticise or support wisely without bias or hate. Thanks.

7 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Mpanyi: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2016
amtaken:
Buhari is a certified trouble shooter.

Did you mean troublemaker?
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by ibitzbarlow(m): 11:46am On Jun 23, 2016
omenka:

They said it is land set aside for "Sights and services" scheme and some **** here are talking about grazing. What concerns sights and services with grazing? To make matters even worse, Jonathan initiated that scheme and it covers every state of the federation. Other states are utilising the lands for that purpose (accommodation and recreation) and Anambra state revoked theirs. But since it is coming from the land of the "untouchables" ****the fg should simply fold her hands and watch them do as they please.

Why didn't they object to it when the ineffectual buffoon was mapping out the land for that purpose??

People just keep coming here to show shat ignorant fools they are everyday- simple "sights and services" dem no sabi. Smh.

I wonder why your likes can't make comments without name-calling or casting aspersions. That's negative and not good for anybody especally our country as it is so divided now.

You need to pay attention to details, my dear. The said land was acquired in 1992 (in the military era probably under IBB) by the FG and not "mapped out" by Goodluck. That was before democracy or Jonathan came on board. Goodluck couldnt have acquired that land in 1992 for his " sight and services" scheme as you claim between 2010-2015. Do the maths please.

I dont see any hatred here rather genuine complain. Not all states are blessed with large expanse of land in the country. In the military era "lands" were acquired under the guise of FG and owership later changed to private individuals. No work, construction or activity on the said land since 1992; that could lead any state govt to revoke ownership of the land and appropriate same for better use.
1. Did the FG attempt dialogue with the Anambra state government b4 filing the suit?
5. Is it right for the FG or any State government to tie-down such size of land without making efforts to utilize them?

3 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by cstr9: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by meltiplexer: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Don't known what to say, just passing by.

I have to extra income with my naijabet online account to support my salary,that is Nigeria for you
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by redcap: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
olajide8:

That is 900 plots of land- the FG wants to build 1000units of houses across all states of the federation

Broke ass FG building 1000units of houses grin cheesy
Leave our land for us! go and build second Niger bridge and onitsha-enugu express way first. shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Sheggy13(m): 11:49am On Jun 23, 2016
Innovator90:

Yoruba...even if an Igbo man is killed right in their presence, they will claim they are suddenly blind and didn't see it. That's the level of hate that exudes from you people towards the Igbos...
Why are you people so sentimental and quick to play victims always, even lying in the process to the delight of numbskulls who can't think for themselves as judged by the way they liked your previously ignorant lying opening post on this thread. This is a scheme that's done in all states of the federation way before Buhari's assent to power, but only you people from the SE will scream marginalisation and victimization at every opportunity when it's uncalled for. Other people are not crying and revoking lands. You said 150 hectares of land is about 10% of Anambra's land mass. Do you know what an hectare means? Let me educate you and your likes a bit so foreigners and visitors to this forum do not wrongly assume that we're all that dumb in this country. 100 hectares of land is equivalent to 1 sq km, and Anambra's land mass is 4844 sq km, meaning the entire land mass of Anambra is 484,400 hectares and that 150 hectares which the FG wants is just 0.03% of the whole of Anambra as against the obvious lie of 10% you're peddling about. If you ever did elementary math, you'd know that 0.03% of something is too negligible to take that seriously. I hope you learn from my post and stop peddling falsehood everywhere because of your hate for the government of the day and Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2016
Some people's dumbness is simply incurable.
Some stupid people won't read properly being screaming marginalization like someone put alligator pepper for their toto.

1) Was it marginalization when the FG duly paid compensation to the state government for the purpose of acquiring the self same land?
2) Was it not impunity when the state government chose to revoke the right to the land for which it had received payment?
3) Now, what is the difference between the state government that revoked the right to a land already sold, and stupid man who sells the same piece of land to two people?

The Igbos crying marginalization over this are the stupidest people on this planet. They should all be shipped to Mercury or Uranus; that way they can stop giving the sensible Igbos bad names.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Cmeo(m): 11:54am On Jun 23, 2016
Innovator90:
What's Federal government doing with almost 150 hectares of land in the smallest state by land mass after Lagos? That's nearly 10% of the whole Anambra state nah. Wicked people...want to cleverly seize these lands so that you will prevent SE from developing; prevent the industrious indigenes from developing their states. If they want land to develop, build industry, they will tell them this is federal government land, you can't touch it yet the land remains undeveloped. Another indirect marginalization scheme employed to keep SE undeveloped. If you want land, my friend go to the North where the land there is almost 100x of SE's land. Wicked government...always wanting to straggle Igbos to death even when they are on their own. They will leave their North with massive land, trooping to SE. Same with Fulani, you leave your massive land, yet looking to rear your cattle in this tiny, very tiny SE's land. Who is fooling who? They do these because SE's land is very fertile; that's why there are lots of trees and greenery...gorgeous vegetations.

Anambra greenery
https://www.nairaland.com/3182329/breath-taking-views-anambra-state

Chai!;I can see why the oyinbo say 'ignorance is a disease' and I want to add that 'only knowledge and sound understanding could cure it'.

The land use Act says all land belongs to the govt. That's means all levels of government has land that belongs to them as classified by the act and there is a procedure to acquire land from each level of government. l

This land mentioned here originally belongs to Anambra and the FG acquired it, following the expected procedures, therefore its not stealing because Anambra Govt consented to it through the right of occupancy.

Why am I even responding to this post self? They say 'silience is the best answer f a fool and an ignorant person are always a fool' so I stop here.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Innovator90:
What's Federal government doing with almost 150 hectares of land in the smallest state by land mass after Lagos? That's nearly 10% of the whole Anambra state nah. Wicked people...want to cleverly seize these lands so that you will prevent SE from developing; prevent the industrious indigenes from developing their states. If they want land to develop, build industry, they will tell them this is federal government land, you can't touch it yet the land remains undeveloped. Another indirect marginalization scheme employed to keep SE undeveloped. If you want land, my friend go to the North where the land there is almost 100x of SE's land. Wicked government...always wanting to straggle Igbos to death even when they are on their own. They will leave their North with massive land, trooping to SE. Same with Fulani, you leave your massive land, yet looking to rear your cattle in this tiny, very tiny SE's land. Who is fooling who? They do these because SE's land is very fertile; that's why there are lots of trees and greenery...gorgeous vegetations.

Anambra greenery
https://www.nairaland.com/3182329/breath-taking-views-anambra-state

So are u just knowing d FG is a land grabber dt never gives up their land? They do it everywhere. Stop wt d sentiments. The FG owns like 80% of d land & buildings in Lagos marina. The Lagos state government begged them several times during tinubus tenure to sell some of those dilapidated building or sell it to the state. They refused. It was by fire by force fight fashola could even carve out dt big parking space in CMS. These were some of d things dt made the Lagos state government start looking towards a new city centre (eko Atlantic).

Even d rail line they're building in d state overlaps along wt some of FG's old line. Just a small distance. The FG wants compensation for d use of it, even though they're not investing anything in d project. Dt is ur federal government.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Enrichlee(m): 11:58am On Jun 23, 2016
KahlDrogo:
**** It says the land was set aside for "sight and services" and the state government revoked it. The scheme (sight and services), done in all states of the federation, was initiated by the FG under the Jonathan for housing and recreation.

Under Jonathan Land that was acquired in 1992...Pls try and read the article

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by 49cents(m): 12:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
amtaken:
Buhari is a certified trouble shooter.

Trouble shooter is someone who resolves problems

You meant to say Buhari is a trouble maker

Take note sis
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by chimauga(m): 12:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Problem every where
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by CoolAmbience(m): 12:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

How much of the land has the state developed since 1999? Show us how many industries they've previously built.

Don't mind him. The entire land mass of Amansea or Awka North isn't even up to 10 percent of Anambra State. I really don't know why people find it difficult comprehending things they read. Did he not see the word 'buy' or 'bought' in the write-up? Was it not some person(s) from the State that sold the mass of land to FG?

It's irritating how people are quick to play the ethnic card on issues. I really don't know the gain they derive from misinforming and creating unneccessary tension in the society.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by redcap: 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
Cmeo:

Chai!;I can see why the oyinbo say 'ignorance is a disease' and I want to add that 'only knowledge and sound understanding could cure it'.

The land use Act says all land belongs to the govt. That's means all levels of government has land that belongs to them as classified by the act and there is a procedure to acquire land from each level of government. l

This land mentioned here originally belongs to Anambra and the FG acquired it, following the expected procedures, therefore its not stealing because Anambra Govt consented to it through the right of occupancy.

Why am I even responding to this post self? They say 'silience is the best answer f a fool and an ignorant person are always a fool' so I stop here.

Furnish me with the name of the governor that concented to the said acquisition in 1992. Same land that was forcefully acquired without the consent of the people,governors appointed to do the bidding of the tyrant IBB gov't. Pls spare me that trash. WE DON'T HAVE LAND TO SELL, period!

4 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by M4gunners: 12:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
Ask your leaders.

What was the relevance of 1992 that you made? Because I mentioned 1999 being the year your PDP took over the reigns of Govt from the Military. I honestly do not understand how you people are hell bent on being backwards. Aren't you tired of poverty and underdevelopment?
I myself mentioned 1992 being the year fg claim to have acquired the Land.I don't know what you are talking about poverty. The last time i check anambra GDP is growing better than the Kastina i mentioned.
Anambra is exporting farm products, as a matter of fact, i smell fg trying to hinder governor Obino's plan of larger farm in order for Anambra not to compete with northern farmers.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Dollarmerchant(f): 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
I have followed this thread objectively, but I must speak for the way some people comment without even reading through, as they are blinded by Hatred. The said Land in Anambra state was acquired in 1992 by the Federal government but some unschooled hate blinded Nairaland commentors still blame Jonathan's Govt. Was Jonathan President in 1992. Please read well before you run to comment. This why Africa is backwards, they will never read.

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Unbrandedguy: 12:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
SuperSuave:
hmmm..I didn't see it from this direction sha

HOW MANY HECTARES OF LAND DID FG HAVE IN OTHER STATES THEY JUST WANT TO DRAG THAT GOV. BACKWARDS.. AND HOLD BACK ANAMBRA FROM DEVELOPING.. GOV. OBIANO IS CAPABLE OF DEVELOPING THAT STATE WITHOUT FG

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Unbrandedguy: 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
janellemonae:

So are u just knowing d FG is a land grabber dt never gives up their land? They do it everywhere. Stop wt d sentiments. The FG owns like 80% of d land & buildings in Lagos marina. The Lagos state government begged them several times during tinubus tenure to sell some of those dilapidated building or sell it to the state. They refused. It was by fire by force fight fashola could even carve out dt big parking space in CMS. These were some of d things dt made the Lagos state government start looking towards a new city centre (eko Atlantic).

Even d rail line they're building in d state overlaps along wt some of FG's old line. Just a small distance. The FG wants compensation for d use of it, even though they're not investing anything in d project. Dt is ur federal government.

ARE YOU A KID? DON'T YOU KNOW HOW FG OWNED LANDS IN LAGOS STATE. LAGOS STATE WAS FORMALLY THE NIGERIAN CAPITAL, THE PROPERTIES THERE WER BUILT BY THE FEDERAL GOVT BACK THEN. PERIOD!
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Ofemmanu1: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
M4gunners:
But why Anambra?Are they not lands in Kastina?
wtf d'u expect from a daura cow?!
He keeps breaking every laws in the book.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Cityguy: 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
M4gunners:
And how much of the Land has fg developed in Anambra since 1992?
That question wasn't even relevant. Different places develop at different rates. Don't just know the big deal there.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by obaino860: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:

How much of the land has the state developed since 1999? Show us how many industries they've previously built.

must you comment.....which state are you from lets compare with ANAMBRA....... I know you will claim Lagos....

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Unbrandedguy: 12:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dollarmerchant:
I have followed this thread objectively, but I must speak for the way some people comment without even reading through, as they are blinded by Hatred. The said Land in Anambra state was acquired in 1992 by the Federal government but some unschooled hate blinded Nairaland commentors still blame Jonathan's Govt. Was Jonathan President in 1992. Please read well before you run to comment. This why Africa is backwards, they will never read.

it was done during the military era and interestingly< THE MILITARY GOVERNOR THEN WAS NAVY COMM. JOSEPH ABULU, A NORTHERNER FROM KADUNA.. why wont he sell the land. Is he from Anambra?

3 Likes

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by obaino860: 12:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
ayokellany:

Igbos and the wail of victimisation. I swear you no fit get sense till Jesus return.

must you comment....y not keep quiet and remain calm under your brown roof

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Unbrandedguy: 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
CoolAmbience:

Don't mind him. The entire land mass of Amansea or Awka North isn't even up to 10 percent of Anambra State. I really don't know why people find it difficult comprehending things they read. Did he not see the word 'buy' or 'bought' in the write-up? Was it not some person(s) from the State that sold the mass of land to FG?

It's irritating how people are quick to play the ethnic card on issues. I really don't know the gain they derive from misinforming and creating unneccessary tension in the society.

that land was given out during military regime. the then Gov. was Nav Comm. Joseph Abulu a northerner from kaduna. He has every tendency to easily give it out.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by obaino860: 12:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
KahlDrogo:

so Mr analyser..... how many house has d federal govt built since them......we don't need there house....we have money to build our house to taste in awka and not d bungalow da always build.......da can go d WEST to change their brown roof houses.......Di's is an example of how we build in awka.....AWKA loading

1 Like

Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by dannykuzo: 12:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
This keyword tool was built on a custom database we have compiled over the past four years. We researched data from the now defunct Google Search-Based Keyword Tool and also looked at a few more recent data snapshots to refresh the database and enhance our keyword coverage. Our database contains 28,527,279 keywords representing 13,762,942,253 monthly searches. Our database is primarily composed of English language keywords.

[url = http://experttutorialweb..com/2016/06/how-does-seo-book-keyword-tool-work.html]Background Keyword[/url] Research Video:

Our Free Keyword Research Tool:

Offers rough suggested daily search volumes by market for Google and the Bing Yahoo! search network.
Links the search volumes to the related global search results.
Offers a broad/ fuzzy matching search feature, which takes advantage of stemming to return related word forms.
To continue reading click [url = http://experttutorialweb..com/2016/06/how-does-seo-book-keyword-tool-work.html]HERE[/url]
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Ahmeduana(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
sweetsandy4luv:

http://www.punchng.com/fg-slams-n50bn-suit-anambra-land/
CLUELESS GOVERMENT FIGHTING EVERYTHING FIGHT-ABLE AND UN-FIGHT-ABLE.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by Awaja(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
so that you convert part of the land as grazing reserve, this our oga na real headache to the entire south east. no yaa, what goes around, comes back around.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by JUHABACH: 1:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

I wonder why your likes can't make comments without name-calling or casting aspersions. That's negative and not good for anybody especally our country as it is so divided now.

You need to pay attention to details, my dear. The said land was acquired in 1992 (in the military era probably under IBB) by the FG and not "mapped out" by Goodluck. That was before democracy or Jonathan came on board. Goodluck couldnt have acquired that land in 1992 for his " sight and services" scheme as you claim between 2010-2015. Do the maths please.

*slow clap*
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by mindtricks: 1:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
Esseite:
Grazing?.....

Why Anambra?.....

Buhari should not provoke that group any further, it wont end well..

Fg should not talk of land with them now, they would only overheat the polity, cause tension, draw more sympathy to their cause.

Of what purpose is the land to FG now we are broke?

So on Point!

FG's Nicodemusly cornering the land for Buhari's all-important grazing reserve.
Re: FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit by MosesNG(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
I used to respect the people that comment here but now I'm disappointed with majority of the comments I read here.
The land in question was acquired in 1992.

I don't see business of GEJ or PMB with the acquisition of this land.

What I see is "what prompted Anambra to revoke a land legally acquired by the FG in the first place?"

And since the land was revoked, should FG have given Anambra a pat on the back and say "well done"

If Anambra gives enough reasons to show that they needed that land, what happened to "negotiations".

And for all of u stupid senseless people that keeps posting rubbish, we know how you all kill yourselves over land so don't come and form saints here

Hypocrites!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oba Akiolu: Buhari Should Close Boarder When Reelected So Obasanjo Won't Escape / PDP Crisis: Wike Jets Out Of Nigeria / Dino Melaye Vs Babachir Lawal (Corrupt SGF) - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.