Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? (712 Views)

10 Scary Facts About The Bermuda Triangle / 10 Shocking Facts You Didn’t Know About The Bermuda Triangle / Bermuda Triangle "Mystery" Solved? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by deleib(m): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2016
Children are very inquisitive, especially the intelligent ones. They could ask you questions like why is The sky blue? why is there night and day? why am i a girl or a boy? who made God? etc.

Yesterday, while i was teaching a set of under ten pupils properties of plane shapes of which triangle is among, I had already explained to them that both rectangle and square are quadrilateral because they have four sides. Then I Moved Ahead To Talk About Triangles.

I explained to them that unlike square and rectangle, triangle has only three sides. To my surprise one of the pupils stood up and said "uncle why does a triangle have three side"?. For some minutes, i was dumbfounded before i regain my whole self. I told the child that that is what mathematics makes us to understand; i couldn't give a satisfactory explanation.

To The Mathematics Eistein, What Is Your Answer To This?
Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by Jay542(m): 5:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Because it has 3sides shikenna grin small pikin just too get wahala sha
Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by hungryboy(m): 6:03am On Jun 23, 2016
Some questions no get answer nah,
Even me sef dey always like ask why ashawo get only one pussy?
Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 23, 2016
grin

Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 23, 2016
Cos it has three angles?

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by franktolk(m): 7:47am On Jun 23, 2016
That is why its called Triangle - 3 angles or edges .

Triangle is a polygon with three edges and three vertices. It is one of the basic shapes in geometry.

Other types of polygons are
Quadrilateral or tetragon - with 4 angles or edges
Pentagon - 5 angles /edges
Hexagon -6
Heptagon -7
Octagon - 8 and so on
Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by ProfClassic: 8:46am On Jun 23, 2016
bravo

My students Asked me a similar question recently and that was the same answer I gave.
Re: Why Does A Triangle Have Three Sides? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 23, 2016
hungryboy:
Some questions no get answer nah,

Even me sef dey always like ask why ashawo get only one pussy?

If I kick you ehn grin

(1) (Reply)

"I Brought The Polytechnic From Bori To Port Harcourt" Wike / Presidential Committee On Hnd/bsc Dichotomy Submitted Report On Friday / Research Project Topics And Materials In MATHEMATICS EDUCATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.