Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now (1080 Views)

6 Facts You Must Know About The Dangerous Android Virus Call Godless! / Beware Android Users, “GODLESS” Malware Affected 90% Of Android Devices / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by femdevcon(f): 5:56am On Jun 23, 2016

An Android-based malware called Godless , is targeting devices running Android Lollipop or earlier.

Malicious apps related to this threat can be found in prominent app stores, including Google Play, and has affected over 850,000 devices worldwide

Godless uses a framework called "android-rooting-tools" to gain root access to Android-based devices. From there, the malware phones home and receives instructions from its creators.

Godless often surreptitiously downloads unwanted apps, and is capable of displaying malicious ads. It can also install backdoors and "spy on users.
This is to sound a note of Warning to Android users to review the developer when downloading apps. "Unknown developers with very little or no background information may be the source of these malicious apps.

It is also advisable to use anti malware protecting Software like AVG Antivirus

Source:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/06/godless-malware-threatening-android.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by Emmaway(m): 8:17am On Jun 23, 2016
femdevcon:

An Android-based malware called Godless , is targeting devices running Android Lollipop or earlier.

Malicious apps related to this threat can be found in prominent app stores, including Google Play, and has affected over 850,000 devices worldwide

Godless uses a framework called "android-rooting-tools" to gain root access to Android-based devices. From there, the malware phones home and receives instructions from its creators.

Godless often surreptitiously downloads unwanted apps, and is capable of displaying malicious ads. It can also install backdoors and "spy on users.
This is to sound a note of Warning to Android users to review the developer when downloading apps. "Unknown developers with very little or no background information may be the source of these malicious apps.

It is also advisable to use anti malware protecting Software like AVG Antivirus

Source:http://femdevcon..com.ng/2016/06/godless-malware-threatening-android.html?m=1
Thanks for the info
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by Nobody: 3:38am On Jun 29, 2016
Unnecessary stress. Someone should now start noting developers. They shld just remove these ones from playstore instead.
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by Amerage(m): 8:17am On Jun 29, 2016
noted
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by RZArecta(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2016
Fvçk Android cheesy Windows phone any day
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by abdeiz(m): 10:55am On Jun 29, 2016
This fvcking malware gave me hell and frustrated my life. Once I switch on my data holy Mary the floods gush in in the form of downloaded apps and pop up ads angry. I almost cry ehn, well thank God I have fixed it now. Thunder go fire the people wey create am.
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by Emmyfes(m): 3:13am On Jul 02, 2016
How you take fix am bro?
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by abdeiz(m): 6:33am On Jul 02, 2016
Emmyfes:
How you take fix am bro?
I installed a custom ROM
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by RitzyPrince(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
Some reasons I will never use android Unit cheesy
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by Samuel89(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2016
abdeiz:
I installed a custom ROM
Which rom?
Re: 'godless' The Malware Threatening Android Devices Right About Now by abdeiz(m): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
Samuel89:

Which rom?
Cyanogen

(1) (Reply)

Four Water-proof Phones You'll Want Right Now / Free Data Giveaway / Gionee F5L Specifications And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.