Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Nigeria A Wounded Nation? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria A Wounded Nation? (446 Views)

Two Soldiers Wounded As Troops Raid Oil Bunkering Site In Rivers State. Photos / Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje's Supporters Clash In Kano, Many Wounded (Photos) / 4 Soldiers Wounded As Troops Clear Boko Haram Terrorists From Borno. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria A Wounded Nation? by hadaydhollarpo(m): 7:13am On Jun 23, 2016
Demola Adetunji wrote: "Some believe President Buhari should just leave this people alone and concentrate on the economy.And what is he going to do with all the money collected? My take is this.
When I was in elementary school I played soccer and I sustained injuries regularly. When I showed my mum the fresh wound she grabbed me and reached out for her bottle of iodine or methylated Spirit whichever was closer. It is better to imagine the peppery pain of either of these liquid.
My second option was to hide the wound for the fear of iodine, and the sore got worse until it got infected and started oozing puss. Eventually my mum would get to know and now the wound should have to be handled by the merciless nurses at the Ikare General Hospital, regular sterile cleaning and dressing each session extremely painful until healing process started.
I think for 17 years we have been hiding our national wound and we have been living in fools paradise thinking all is well when we know nothing is well. Unfortunately all our 'moms' lacked Mrs P.E Owati's gut in applying 'iodine' to our collective financial wound. From Obasanjo to Jonathan none had the gut to see us cry for the sake of treating our wound. Once they started and we cried out of pain they left us alone and the wound continued to fester. Now we have a 'mom' who is more concerned about our health than our immediate pains.
Some will prefer the money recovered so far to be used for subsidy so that we continue to buy fuel at N87 rather than invest in the 3 new refineries that has just been contracted out to improve our local production. Some would have preferred the money to have gone to Thailand for rice importation and continue to boost Thai economy. Last month I stumbled on a news item on a radio station that reported in 2015/2016 rice exportation from Thailand to Nigeria crashed by 80%. That the Stallion, Ebonyi, Labana and Dangote rice in the market were locally grown and processed. The price might be a bit high now but as capacity increases and infrastructure improves price will naturally come down but we can't pay that price. Masses in India found similar measures tough on them when Jawaralah Neru (backed by Mahitma Ghandi) were determined to make India a producing economy rather than the consuming economy they were. A principle of whatever we can not produce we don't need. India is about the only country without Coca Cola for decades because they insisted if Coca Cola Inc can not produce the concentrate in India they can go and they were contented with their Brahma Guarana and their Limca.
Thank God Neru and other mothers that nursed them did not listen to their cries today they have healed well and I pray that Buhari like my mom doesn't listen to our cries for this healing process to continue because if we don't pass through this pain now, the wound becomes more difficult to treat. My personal position. (Culled from Obong.....)
Re: Nigeria A Wounded Nation? by DaBullIT(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2016
I concur
Re: Nigeria A Wounded Nation? by youngest85(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2016
wen u dnt treat a wound wat happens....? D victim dies

Nigeria will soon die

(1) (Reply)

Dangerous Expansion of Militancy / Naija Its Time To Wake Up / Buhari And Niger-delta Dialogue Team Meet + What Pmb Told Them – Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.