Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5426804 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 04, 2019
Bgirl264:
I feel sad cos the doctors dnt request for any scan after d surgery to certify everythin was ok for conception. I'm just hearin abt scar tissue, adhesion, hormonal assay, tubal blockage, follicle trackin, HSG etc. D treatment option of Fertiaid, Serepatase, Ubiqunol,Chines tea, pregnacare conception n other drugs. Des r all expensive procedures. Where do I start from? Hav been BD wit all my heart. Prayin n trustin God 4a miracle not knowin wat d real issue is nor d means of gettin solution to d problem. Ts well. Pls am truly sorry puttin dis up, dis is d truth abt my case. I nid help.
Try not to reason too many things at once, start with the simple Investigations.
*Ultrasound scan & infection screening
*With your history if fibroids & myomectomy, it will be best you also go for HSG asap to make sure your tubes are patent.
*Hormonal assesment should be done after all the above are clear, but if you have irregularities in your cycles, then you can do it right away.
You can come back with all the results you will always find help here.

Don't leave your hubby out, he should also screen for infections and do a Seminal fluid analysis (SFA).

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bgirl264: 4:27am On Jul 04, 2019
Truechic:

Try not to reason too many things at once, start with the simple Investigations.
*Ultrasound scan & infection screening
With your history if fibroids & myomectomy, it will be best you also go for HSG asap to make sure your tubes are patent.
*Hormonal assesment should be done after all the above are clear, but if you have irregularities in your cycles, then you can do it right away.
You can come back with all the results you will always find help here.

Don't leave your hubby out, he should also screen for infections and do a Seminal fluid analysis (SFA).

Good mornin Mummy Truechic for respondin and liftin my spirit wit ur word of encouragement and instruction on what to do. Pls I want to be clear on des HVS is for infection, Ultrasound scan for d present condition of d womb, HSG condition of d tubes, Hormone profile . My menses is 28 days but I notice 27/ 29. Pls can des test b done at Island Maternity and at what cost each? D distance is always discouragin cos of traffic.I stay in Ajah, are there places in my axis it can be done at affordable rate? Wia I did d surgery tws a 5minutes drive to d teaching hospital n all des wld hav bin achieved if I had des information. Mummies n daddies no vex follow guide me gently wit love. God bless US all wit BFP'S. AMEN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Abone2: 5:38am On Jul 04, 2019
Hi good people, can a Prolactin result of 421.8 (102-496)iUI/ml be regarded as high?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2019
Bgirl264:
Good mornin Mummy Truechic for respondin and liftin my spirit wit ur word of encouragement and instruction on what to do. Pls I want to be clear on des HVS is for infection, Ultrasound scan for d present condition of d womb, HSG condition of d tubes, Hormone profile . My menses is 28 days but I notice 27/ 29. Pls can des test b done at Island Maternity and at what cost each? D distance is always discouragin cos of traffic.I stay in Ajah, are there places in my axis it can be done at affordable rate? Wia I did d surgery tws a 5minutes drive to d teaching hospital n all des wld hav bin achieved if I had des information. Mummies n daddies no vex follow guide me gently wit love. God bless US all wit BFP'S. AMEN.

Goodmorning, I'm not in Lagos dear, mamas from ur area will answer you when they see this.
But your cycle day is regular. 27/28/29 is very OK, you can leave the hormone profile for now, do the others first, if you don't find the issue then do the hormone.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MissionRestore: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2019
awesomemrs:

2. Has anyone used DIM for fibroids. Is it advisable to use DIM when TTC (because it states that it shouldn't be used when trying to get pregnant on the container by manufacturer but I read on Google that it can be used). Please has anyone used DIM and got pregnant while using it?
It is best to go by manufacturer's recommendation.
But there are safe ways to shrink fibroids. You can read more about it here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5280186/considering-ivf-fibroid-surgery-read#79912696

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by veneza(f): 7:27am On Jul 04, 2019
Mama's in the house help me out o, yesterday early morning I summon myself in woman's house that does delivery constantly and into fertility massage and womb checking.
My neighbor delivered last Sunday at her place,she advised me to visit her,has a Christan it gave me concern at first,only to get there and saw nothing native or spiritual there.
I went there because all my medical result has proven nothing is wrong,and it is even given more concerned.
mama massage my womb and she kept saying why why and she immediately get a glove inserted her hand into my VG only to find out that my cervix is blocked and no where the sperm passes, although there is always sperm spillage.my questions now to mamas in the house.
Is it possible to have block cervix and yet have normal flowing cycle.

Having my two kids was with CS reason by doctors,big babies and narrow pelvic. can mama be saying the right thing.

mama was so sure that this the cause of my seven years ttc and she has a doctor who will carry out medical procedure at his office for 30k and she has done so for lots of clients with lots of result.

I have done lots of TVS and pelvic it scan and it has never been detected.i want to know the name of the procedure to open cervix and it's cost.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sophiemama: 7:45am On Jul 04, 2019
veneza:
Mama's in the house help me out o, yesterday early morning I summon myself in woman's house that does delivery constantly and into fertility massage and womb checking.
My neighbor delivered last Sunday at her place,she advised me to visit her,has a Christan it gave me concern at first,only to get there and saw nothing native or spiritual there.
I went there because all my medical result has proven nothing is wrong,and it is even given more concerned.
mama massage my womb and she kept saying why why and she immediately get a glove inserted her hand into my VG only to find out that my cervix is blocked and no where the sperm passes, although there is always sperm spillage.my questions now to mamas in the house.
Is it possible to have block cervix and yet have normal flowing cycle.

Having my two kids was with CS reason by doctors,big babies and narrow pelvic. can mama be saying the right thing.

mama was so sure that this the cause of my seven years ttc and she has a doctor who will carry out medical procedure at his office for 30k and she has done so for lots of clients with lots of result.

I have done lots of TVS and pelvic it scan and it has never been detected.i want to know the name of the procedure to open cervix and it's cost.
I'm not a doctor but Anatomy says the cervix (neck) is not a wide opening. It opens a bit for menses and unfertilized egg to pass through it. The only time it is expected to be wide opened is during childbirth. The mama just want to exploit you.

8 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MissionRestore: 8:22am On Jul 04, 2019
Mummytwins42:
Hi my sabi mama's I saw a gynaecologist over the weekend based on the tubal blockage thing, he said the X-ray looks somehow, he suggested laparoscropy which is 80k and I can't afford such at the moment, can
You please suggest where I can have it done for a lesser amount, maybe like a general hospital, I stay around alakuko in Lagos, thanks
You can visit another gynea with your xray and get a second opinion. If the laparoscopy is not in the same hospital where it was recommended, then go to the place where they do the laparoscopy and request to see their gynecologist. Show him or her your xray.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Giftedniye: 8:26am On Jul 04, 2019
I always have hotness in my lower left abdomen before I see my menses. Could this be the reason I'm don't get pregnant
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by veneza(f): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2019
Sophiemama:
I'm not a doctor but Anatomy says the cervix (neck) is not a wide opening. It opens a bit for menses and unfertilized egg to pass through it. The only time it is expected to be wide opened is during childbirth. The mama just want to exploit you.
Thanks dear,apart from exploiting me,I don't want to temper with system since all test from different lab proves everything is normal,I was even telling hubby instead of that procedure,I can just do hsg for 18k to check for block tubes.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sophiemama: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2019
veneza:

Thanks dear,apart from exploiting me,I don't want to temper with system since all test from different lab proves everything is normal,I was even telling hubby instead of that procedure,I can just do hsg for 18k to check for block tubes.
That's correct
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pratap44: 9:04am On Jul 04, 2019
MummyHalo:
Thank you so much ma. May God bless you

Dr. Poonam Agarwal is a Gynaecologist in Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Book Appointment, Consult Online, View Doctor Fees, Contact Number, Patients Reviews and Ratings for Dr. Poonam Agarwal Click to know more
https://www.lybrate.com/delhi/doctor/dr-poonam-agarwal-gynaecologist

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bgirl264: 9:19am On Jul 04, 2019
Truechic:

Goodmorning, I'm not in Lagos dear, mamas from ur area will answer you when they see this.
But your cycle day is regular. 27/28/29 is very OK, you can leave the hormone profile for now, do the others first, if you don't find the issue then do the hormone.
Mummy thanks for your help. God will bless you richly. I sang d song n keyed into ur prayers U released on lst July. Lagos MAMAS abeg make una help chok mouth 4 my matta pls. 1) D 4 test Truechic mentioned is dat ALL I nid to check for? 2) Are d specific days on d cycle to do it n get best results? 3) Pls price range eg 2k- 3k go help me draw budget. God bless us all. Abeg make una forgive me for all des my questions. I just want to do my part and trust God for His miracles. Thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2019
Pls fruitful mum's I am supposed to see my period on second till now I haven't seen it and no sign of pregnancy and secondly I have taken antibiotics what could b d problem
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Joyful7(f): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=veneza post=79924860]Mama's in the house help me out o, yesterday early morning I summon myself in woman's house that does delivery constantly and into fertility massage and womb checking.
pls where is this woman's location, pls can u send me her contact. wish to reach her. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by migeoart(f): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=ANewMumIJNAmen post=79877881]Good evening dearest mummies and daddies in the house.

Please I'm new and I need your help and advice. I've been on ttc for sometime now. I started seeing my Dr in March. I've done HSG and sperm analysis for dh. Currently doing follecular tracking with him.

Dr found out that I haven't been ovulating properly. I get the symptoms but the eggs never really rupture, Infact they don't even grow to the right size. He also found out that I had PCO. He placed me on clomid. I too started exercising a lot and cutting down on sugary and starchy foods.

Fast forward to last month, things were going well because I ovulated well and was given progesterone a few days after. Until I fell really sick on Friday. I came down with serious fever. The kind of fever I had never felt in my adult life. I thought maybe that was a sign. I was just taking paracetamol. When I couldn't stand it anymore, I called my Dr and explain to him. He prescribed amoxil and paludrine. That still didn't stop the fever. He had to give me Coaterm forte. I've been recuperating gradually though still having headaches.

But now I feel so sad. I'm scared to even do a pregnancy test as today is my 28th day. What if it's negative? I know I shouldn't be taking anti malaria drugs but I had to take it because that fever was from hell. I'm typing this with so much tears in my eyes. I don't understand anything anymore..

Sorry for the long post. Please help in anyway you can please. Thank you

[/quotemy darling will encourage you to do test my case is similar to us a month plus with all signs of preg but nothing shows positive nd have done every other kind of test but trust me i have handed it to God
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by migeoart(f): 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2019
Bgirl264:
Good morrnin great Mummies. I am new hia but I hav bin a silent follower of this thread. I hv bin TTCing goin 3yrs now. Pls I need help . I observe I hav bin havin waist n abdominal pains before menses and ovulation. In my 2ww after ovulation I develop uti. My period is 3 days away my boobs very sore n I developd very high fever dis mornin. I dnt want to take drugs now. I was really trusting God to share my BFP this week. I joind d June fasting and prayers n also used my faith bump praising and trusting God. It is well.
it shall end in praise
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fruitfulmom2240: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2019
Dear Lord, we have waited, we are waiting and will keep waiting on you to hear our prayers and bless us. Amen

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by veneza(f): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2019
[quote author=Joyful7 post=79930734][/quote] Delta State precisely.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Thehomemaker(f): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2019
Amen

Fruitfulmom2240:
Dear Lord, we have waited, we are waiting and will keep waiting on you to hear our prayers and bless us. Amen

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iListen(f): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2019
Please where can I do follicular tracking in Lagos, palm groove-maryland-ikeja axis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2019
Fruitfulmom2240:

Amen cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2019
Spleasure:

I used hot water bottle when I had mine. Though my tube didn't rupture but kept having pains at that side. Later it went to the right. Even when I had my BFP the pain was still there until second trimester.

Wow...I had a ruptured right tube too. Its somehow soothing to know someone else has same symptom after ectopic. Mine usu comes whenever I see periods and last even after some days. Such a sharp hurting pain. I was told it would go when I conceive but your comment now is scary. Isnt there some kinda way to treat this.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2019
CravingChic:

Wow...I had a ruptured right tube too. Its somehow soothing to know someone else has same symptom after ectopic. Mine usu comes whenever I see periods and last even after some days. Such a sharp hurting pain. I was told it would go when I conceive but your comment now is scary. Isnt there some kinda way to treat this.
Don't be scared mama. All will be well. In my case it starts few days to ovulation until AF stops. I didn't take any pain killers since I was TTC (my gynaecologist prescribed ibrufen though). Thought it was PID earlier but all test came out clean. I think everyone's system is different. I have a friend who still feels the pain after having 3 children and her last is over 10. Try and check it with your gynaecologist but I don't think it's something to be worried about. Cheers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by CravingChic: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2019
Spleasure:

Don't be scared mama. All will be well. In my case it starts few days to ovulation until AF stops. I didn't take any pain killers since I was TTC (my gynaecologist prescribed ibrufen though). Thought it was PID earlier but all test came out clean. I think everyone's system is different. I have a friend who still feels the pain after having 3 children and her last is over 10. Try and check it with your gynaecologist but I don't think it's something to be worried about. Cheers.

I sent you a PM, please kindly reply. I would love to chat you up.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mommdav(f): 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sophiemama:
Goodmorning Ma,I went for the test and result came out sero-positive (weak reaction).I'm asked to repeat test after two weeks meanwhile I've started taking the Duphaston.

Did you take a pregnancy blood test? Blood test at early stage of pregnancy normally give weak positive. With time it will certainly get stronger. You can get this cheap pregnancy hpt they sell for N100 and test with first morning urine. Let's know how it goes. Congrats dear. You can upload the result if you don't mind. We love seeing those two beautiful lines. smiley Good you are on those progesterone.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sophiemama: 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mommdav:

Did you take a pregnancy blood test? Blood test at early stage of pregnancy normally give weak positive. With time it will certainly get stronger. You can get this cheap pregnancy hpt they sell for N100 and test with first morning urine. Let's know how it goes. Congrats dear. You can upload the result if you don't mind. We love seeing those two beautiful lines. smiley Good you are on those progesterone.
Thanks Mama and yes,it was a blood test that I did. I was asked to repeat the test in two weeks time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mommdav(f): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2019
[quote author=iamfertile post=79838420][/quote]

Sorry..I didn't see this. What drug and supplement are you on? Some drugs/medications or supplement can delay period. I see you are trying to reach via nairaland pm. You can reach me on 08114407644 (WhatsApp only)

Your progesterone is low here may not just mean you have low progesterone. It may mean you did not ovulate. Imagine you did not ovulate and you are taking duphaston? When you ovulate your progesterone will read 5 and above. Since you are still treating adhesion and block tube I suggest you take vitamin b6 50mg and 200/500mg vit c after ovulation. It will help increase progesterone level and also help reduce prolactin level.

Pls do not take progesterone pill more than three months. Allow your body rest for at least 6 months. You only take progesterone or any medications only when necessary. Drugs have side effects and the effects may be very harmful. Please let's thread with caution. Mamas do not mix orthodox with herbal. A step at a time. You do not want to overload your liver/kidney. Let's be careful please. Let's not say because we are in a hurry for a bfp and be rushing and mixing medications. A step at a time. You may be surprised with a bfp as you are working on that area patiently. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mommdav(f): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2019
Jellos:
Hello Ma, please check your email. Thanks

Yes I did and replied you smiley If you are enable to reach me via email for whatever reason you can chat me up on 08114407644
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mommdav(f): 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2019
Sophiemama I see you sent a pm. Reach me on whatsapp if you do not have access to email.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sophiemama: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2019
Mommdav:
Sophiemama I see you sent a pm. Reach me on whatsapp if you do not have access to email.
Alright Ma.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
Hello fruitful mamas, our wombs are blessed!
Let me ask, does anyone usually have that wet annoying feeling in-between your legs just before af. It feels so wet .. anyone Or is it just me undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.