Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,078 members, 7,867,092 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:38 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5451508 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 12:37pm On Feb 20, 2012
I pray that one of us TTCing will come here and announce their BFP soon in order to galvanize everybody here. BTW,is it possible for us to come here and state our cycle day,the medication we are on,when will expect to ovulate and when to expect our BFP. With this,we can all go through our cycles together and pray for each other along the line. Baby dust to everybody.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uwani(f): 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
I was diagnosed with pcos lastyear and was placed on metformin, the side effects were terrible but agiboma and weasleoo encouraged me to continue. well my two clomid cycles failed, it was sooo depressing and i just got fed up with everything, I and my husband decided to relax for the month of january and stopped all medication except metformin then go for another check up my march and probably change my doc.

funny how things happen, i got my BFP in the month i wasnt even trying, bd just once within the ovulation period, and I didnt even feel any symptom of ovultaion maybe i didnt even notice it but it's been confirmed that am 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. i was seriously denying each symptom then and was expecting the witch at any minute till DH convinced me to do a HPt and it turned out positve

i

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 1:26pm On Feb 20, 2012
uwani:

I was diagnosed with pcos lastyear and was placed on metformin, the side effects were terrible but agiboma and weasleoo encouraged me to continue. well my two clomid cycles failed, it was sooo depressing and i just got fed up with everything, I and my husband decided to relax for the month of january and stopped all medication except metformin then go for another check up my march and probably change my doc.

funny how things happen, i got my BFP in the month i wasnt even trying, bd just once within the ovulation period, and I didnt even feel any symptom of ovultaion maybe i didnt even notice it but it's been confirmed that am 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant today. i was seriously denying each symptom then and was expecting the witch at any minute till DH convinced me to do a HPt and it turned out positve

i
Congrats,this is what we have been waiting for. Wish you a healthy 9 months. I know more BFP announcement will be made before the month runs out.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
Congrats dear, Its our time to testify, more of this will be flowing in very soon, including mine, Baby dust y'all. The end of our waiting time is near.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by soapdish(f): 2:18pm On Feb 20, 2012
What is BFP
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
I read some one ask if it was possible for posters to give details of their cycle etc

A good idea could be to put all that info on you signature so that it is automatically displayed on every post you make and have ever made.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by waistbead: 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
@Soapdish (BFP) means BIG FAT POSITIVE grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 1:06am On Feb 21, 2012
uwani:

COOOOOOOONGRATTTTTTTTTS YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin HH 9 months mommy, fyi clomid can stay in the system for over 30 days, please come back and update us as you go along with your pregnancy smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by soapdish(f): 11:48am On Feb 21, 2012
@ waistbead Thank you. @ uwani CONGRATULATIONS!!!. This our God is a faithful God.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by uwani(f): 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2012
Thanks everyone, The lord that did it for me will do for everyone ttcing on this thread. @ Agiboma, na so e be? lol, ave been battling with afternun sickness.

Am still on metformin and duphaston (progesteron) till 15 weeks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mogbomoya: 1:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ Uwani, congrats deary. He tht has started a good work wld continue & perfect it in Jesus name.

Dear all who are still TTCING, you are always in my prayer, you are all next in line, for a miracle.

Am doing good oh. 15weeks gone already! I have a small baby bump.

1st trimester wasn't easy at all oh! Was always sick.

Please continue in prayers & in ur medication. Do not be despaired at all.

God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Temimine(f): 6:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
Hi, am new here. Pls help with meaning of bd,cd,af,bfp,other code to help flow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 6:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
Temimine:

Hi, am new here. Pls help with meaning of bd,cd,af,bfp,other code to help flow.
B ttc cls to 5yrs. Had left ovary removed, right now affected. Ve tried clomid very harsh on ovary had to use pill to ctrl it. Ve b advise to stay clear medication. Am abt to try orthodox medication, was told to carry out eggcount test but all med personnel met with in a part of s'east naija ve no idea. Can anyone help out,is it know by another name, how is it done(blood or scan), what day of d cycle. Thanks.
Baby dust 
You are welcome on board. BD(Baby Dance or S3x),CD(Cycle day),AF(Aunt flo or Menstrual period),BFP(Big Fat Positive or positive result from a pregnancy test),HPT(Home Pregnancy Test). For the eggcount test, it is AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) level test to check your ovarian reserve or you can carry out antral follicular counts on day 3 of your menstrual cycle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Temimine(f): 7:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
champs:

You are welcome on board. BD(Baby Dance or S3x),CD(Cycle day),AF(Aunt flo or Menstrual period),BFP(Big Fat Positive or positive result from a pregnancy test),HPT(Home Pregnancy Test). For the eggcount test, it is AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) level test to check your ovarian reserve or you can carry out antral follicular counts on day 3 of your menstrual cycle.

thanks for info. Is d AMH done by scan or blood test and on what day of cycle. And also is d antral follicular count done by blood test or what . Pls let me know in order to know what section of lab am to visit. My on cd4  guess AFC test is out of question for dis cycle. Awaiting reply.  Wishin u all baby dust.   
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
The AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) is hormonal Blood test and can be done anytime of the cycle while antral follicular counts is done by Transvaginal Scan within CD3 to 5.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
@ Uwani girl i am still smiling for you, YEAHHHH, about the progesterone tbh you may want to take it until 37 weeks thats full term it helps to reduce premature labour in secound trimester, girl i had night sickenss for some time when i was pregnant with my son, its all in good fun and worth it in the end
@mogoboyma yeah girl great to hear from you have you started to feel the little flickers yet, like little gas bubbles in your tummy, that is baby kicking grin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by infogenius(m): 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2012
uwani:

i

Congrats Mother Of Nations.You will have a glorious 32 weeks ahead and I see u having twins as compensation for waiting.Congrats, cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

champs:

The AMH (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) is hormonal Blood test and can be done anytime of the cycle while antral follicular counts is done by Transvaginal Scan within CD3 to 5.

You are HOT!!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
Am a silent follower of these forum, i believe the Lord will answer everyone, have been on ttc close to a year and two month, but am putting my trust in God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 4:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
@Tetwa: The Lord never fails, our testimony is on the way

baby dust to ya all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2012
@tetwa welcome and yes G-d never fails
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 25, 2012
@yogun and agiboma, yes, God never fails.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bikay(f): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2012
Hi all,
I'm a silent follower on dis thread n will like to share my testimony.
I had my first child(a girl) in feb 09 thru CS(did'nt dilate beyond 4cm), got preggy without tryin in may 2010 but it resulted in a blighted ovum. I had to go for evacuation in july 2010, felt lik dyin then cos it was ova 2mths n I already had a slight bump.
Well we av been TTC since den, i can't count d no of fake preggy symptoms dat I had, my husby just kept on reassurin me dat it will cum at God's tym. I casted my worries on Him dat He dat did it b4 will surely do it again n I held on dis testimony dat 2011 wil not pass me by.
I got my BFP in dec2011, d pregnancy progressed den I startd spottin in its forth wk(devil is a liar). I went for scan thrice durin dis period n they all revealed dat all was well. D doc placed me on 2wks bedrest(tnk God for my supervisor cos I work in a bank) n I was advised 2 abstain frm any heavy exercise even sex till I enter my 2nd trimester. Oooooops husby was lyk, wat a sacrifice?
To d glory of God, I'm now 14wks gone n evritin is goin on fyn cos first trimester was just too sickenin(nausea,excessive vomittin,tiredness,blurred vision) bt He saw me thru it all.
My praya for evrione TTC is dat God in His infinite mercy will open wateva obstruction dat is in ur way,u will carry ur baby to term cos He made us fruitful in His land. Hold on 2 ur testimony cos dis is ur year of enuff is enuff, He will answer u wit divine speed(amen)
Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ipio(f): 6:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
@ bikay, congratulations, God will keep you and the child, you will deliver safely in Jesus name @ all, believe you are all doing gud, you are in my prayers always, baby dust to you all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2012
bikay:

Hi all,
I'm a silent follower on dis thread n will like to share my testimony.
I had my first child(a girl) in feb 09 thru CS(did'nt dilate beyond 4cm), got preggy without tryin in may 2010 but it resulted in a blighted ovum. I had to go for evacuation in july 2010, felt lik dyin then cos it was ova 2mths n I already had a slight bump.
Well we av been TTC since den, i can't count d no of fake preggy symptoms dat I had, my husby just kept on reassurin me dat it will precipitate at God's tym. I casted my worries on Him dat He dat did it b4 will surely do it again n I held on dis testimony dat 2011 wil not pass me by.
I got my BFP in dec2011, d pregnancy progressed den I startd spottin in its forth wk(devil is a liar). I went for scan thrice durin dis period n they all revealed dat all was well. D doc placed me on 2wks bedrest(tnk God for my supervisor cos I work in a bank) n I was advised 2 abstain frm any heavy exercise even sex till I enter my 2nd trimester. Oooooops husby was lyk, wat a sacrifice?
To d glory of God, I'm now 14wks gone n evritin is goin on fyn cos first trimester was just too sickenin(nausea,excessive vomittin,tiredness,blurred vision) bt He saw me thru it all.
My praya for evrione TTC is dat God in His infinite mercy will open wateva obstruction dat is in ur way,u will carry ur baby to term cos He made us fruitful in His land. Hold on 2 ur testimony cos dis is ur year of enuff is enuff, He will answer u wit divine speed(amen)
Cheers.

Bikay thanks for sharing your story and congratulations my sister. Please i want you to pay special attention to the symptoms you describe. Blurred vision is not common and it is a sigh of a serious complication in pregnancy that i know all to well. Please i am begging you to go to your doctor and have them check your blood pressure and also your urine for any signs of protein. If the blurred vision is a sign of this complication you need to be monitored closely. I dont want to go into to much detail here as it may scare you and others. I had the same issues you described with the blurred vision, my sister it was life threatening for me and I was hospitalized @ 19 weeks of pregnancy in the high risk unit, my bp was so high it became life threatening for me and my son @ any time we both could have died, my son was delivered pre maturely because of this condition. I beg you to please go see your doctor and have this condition ruled out. Its called pre-eclamsia.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by bikay(f): 11:32am On Feb 27, 2012
@ Ipio tnx n God bless ya.
@ Agibona tnx for ur concern. Mine was nt a big deal really, it happens for a few seconds wheneva I stare too long at my office PC. My urine n blood was taken for test then n I was cleared. I was not eatin too well then cos of d nausea n bland taste, so I guess d weakness made me feel dizzy atimes.
I'm much more stronga n beta now(infact i've added up a little weight sef)
No cause for alarm, av learnt not 2 believe in doctors report but dat of God cos am a livin testimony of His goodness.
Cheers
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yogun(f): 12:31pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Bikay: Congrats and it is well with you and the Lil one in Jesus name. As you have trusted the Lord, He will never put you to shame
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 2:53pm On Feb 27, 2012
bikay:

@ Ipio tnx n God bless ya.
 @ Agibona tnx for ur concern. Mine was nt a big deal really, it happens for a few seconds wheneva I stare too long at my office PC. My urine n blood was taken for test then n I was cleared. I was not eatin too well then cos of d nausea n bland taste, so I guess d weakness made me feel dizzy atimes.
I'm much more stronga n beta now(infact i've added up a little weight sef)
No cause for alarm, av learnt not 2 believe in doctors report but dat of God cos am a livin testimony of His goodness.
 Cheers

Bikay trusting in g-d is the only way to go, but my sister please also make sure you take care and get regular check up, g-d saw me through my pregnancy and now my wonderful son is 19 months and I love being his mother, the same g-d has already seen you through my sister, that is my prayer for you, please come in now and then and tell us how you and baby are doing.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by infogenius(m): 10:21am On Feb 28, 2012
@udoka.agiboma,yogun,blank etc

I must really commend your sensitivity and not just that ur care about women ttc.
God will reward you all as you give undiluted information to those who need it
and also keeping a watchful eye on those that want deceive us.

I can only say you are a blessing to this forum and those TTC.

Honestly,I have enjoined your contributions.
Keep the good work up.

God bless you all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by waistbead: 10:26am On Feb 28, 2012
Hmh!is only God that will see us through this TTC journey.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 1:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
@all,
pls lets forget this born liar and face our usual discussion here pls. Even a blind man knows she is lying!

@Champs
How far with our soy iso, ? l am yet to take mine. l have finally gotten Vitex though yet to take it. The two issues l need to work on is low progesterone and high prolactin, my research shows that vitex is the best for it. However, l am not trying this month, maybe if need be from next cycle l will use the vitex.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 2:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
udoka2:

@all,
pls lets forget this born liar and face our usual discussion here pls. Even a blind man knows she is lying!

@Champs
How far with our soy iso, ? l am yet to take mine. l have finally gotten Vitex though yet to take it. The two issues l need to work on is low progesterone and high prolactin, my research shows that vitex is the best for it. However, l am not trying this month, maybe if need be from next cycle l will use the vitex.

I have not started the soy. Today is my CD4 and I am on medication now(Menopur injection CD3-7). Vitex is very good in balancing hormone,and i hope it works for you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Toronto123: 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
Ok Ladies, remember i told you i will let you know if Soy worked for me. Well, NO it did not. It actually messed up my cycle. It works for some women but definitely not for me. I will suggest Vitex, it a much power herb.

I will keep you posted. Good luck ladies

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.