Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:02 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5449753 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2012
;DSeanbell girl, take am easy ooo..else i will tell ur DH to face the wall during your O grin. The side effects to watchout shd mostly be headache and feeling as if u are adding weight.. those are mine shaa

i can see this our humble forum has to placed on frontage, thats why we have newbies who comment unnecessarily.. l can now understand..
@Champs.. Arlington baby is going to 2years now.. can you imagine l dreamed about her and the baby ysternite..grin
that really showed how angry l was with the comments.

update
CD 14 today.. am not feeling anything today o, but come o what happened to the the CM l saw on CD8, i have been googling to see if two much knackinson can affect EWCM.. no info on it shaa grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2012
Habba! Madam Udoka no vex ooo!!How you go tell am to face wall during O?You wan kill mee?? grin grin grin
I took the med at about 9 pm and slept like an hour later so i believe i slept off those side effects,as i currently have none till now(Thank you God).My fear is that if the dosage increases,some might manifest.
I also checked online about how to combat them and most people said drink with a meal at bed time..I'm really praying i won't experience it ooo.

I saw this thread on the front page too,that's probably why there are new comments,i pray this place gives some solace like it gives me.

Knackson shouldn't affect CM oo.Just make sure you are using a s.p erm friendly lubricant as well just incase..

Keep up the good work,Hope DH heart no dey fly enter him mouth whenever him hear ya voice cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 10:01am On Apr 18, 2012
you can use a sperm friendly lubricant like preseed. i have read so many positive reviews about it.it acts like the ewcm.i am also using it.yeah saw the posts about arlington too and i was surprised.
quick update- i dnt understand o..thought i was feeling ovulation pains yesterday but today stil no temperature surge sad.God dey sha. that 2 day BD thing is nt easy o.wish it could be everyday grin.lots of baby dust to y'all. i feel a bfp coming up soon on this page.amen.
udoka2: ;DSeanbell girl, take am easy ooo..else i will tell ur DH to face the wall during your O grin. The side effects to watchout shd mostly be headache and feeling as if u are adding weight.. those are mine shaa

i can see this our humble forum has to placed on frontage, thats why we have newbies who comment unnecessarily.. l can now understand..
@Champs.. Arlington baby is going to 2years now.. can you imagine l dreamed about her and the baby ysternite..grin
that really showed how angry l was with the comments.

update
CD 14 today.. am not feeling anything today o, but come o what happened to the the CM l saw on CD8, i have been googling to see if two much knackinson can affect EWCM.. no info on it shaa grin

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 10:50am On Apr 18, 2012
cheesy grin ;Dseanbell yes o I go tell him. Btw am not using any lubricant, wanted to buy preseed but didn't c it at my usual drug store. Howeva neva heard of conceieve plus till I read ur post. Hv u used preseed b4? If yes how do they differ?
Preseed comes wt 6 applicators which is advised not to reused to avoid infection. I actually washed and reused mine but only once each. I couldn't use d leftovers in d tubes for fear of infection until it got expired. I will prefer one with several apllicators or could even be advised to be applied with clean hand -Thank God for safeguard soap lol, let me know how u this CP works pls.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by member479760: 11:14am On Apr 18, 2012
My dear bro/sister no bi by force to born, if God don't give you don't look for one by all means. think of it that you get the one that will kill you just to inherit your house on time, lot of them like that nowadays.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 18, 2012
Udoka,i have never used preseed..
i have this fascination with lubes,i have all sorts,shapes,colors and tastes embarassed embarassed embarassed
It was only during TTC that i realised that most of them harm the swimmers and while at a shop, i saw s.perm friendly lube,it was concieve plus and i just picked it up.
The one i got has no applicators,it is very very watery and dries up verrry fast.On the instruction page,they just say to pour a bit on the ermmm blokos and him sister then go to eldorado.They also have those individual pre filled applicators.
On the whole,preseed is more popular and has more reviews so i think it's a matter of choice..
I just don't like sticking things that don't make me happy up there lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 18, 2012
nakedall,
Your post is a bit insensitive though i found the killing bit funny..Children are a gift from God and for some people,it takes more effort than others..
Abeg arrange yaself or better still delete that post before you are chopped raw.
People dey come here dey bless us and pray for us,you dey here dey yarn say e no be by force.
Nawaaa to you o! undecided undecided
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 11:49am On Apr 18, 2012
I do'not know why the pic refuse to attach ohh. ... [quote author=SeanBell]Welcome teddie..hope this thread helps you somewhat
Mrs Kemi,no pic showed.

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MJN: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
I have been looking forward to this kind of forum. I happened to find myself in this situation.
1st I was experiencing pelvic pain..Only for Dr. to give me pain relieve instead of running a test to diagnose properly. I continued with this same pain and went to another Dr, which asked me to ignore the pain and focus on the infertility treatment. After, some time without success, I went to see another one after a yr and half who diagnosed PID..which am treating now.
My question is what kind of Drs do we have in our society these days? God will have mercy.
Meanwhile, all this started after I had a miscarriage and evacuation was carried out.
I have used couple of things like clomid, pree-seed, even injections..etc. done some test such as; HSG, hormonal test, etc.
To all of us in this situation God will direct us to the right personnel or doctor whom He will use to bring solution to us. Peace
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
Mrs Kemi,
Not too clear but once the two lines are the same shade-positive
If the 2nd line is darker than the control line-positive
This one looks positive to me..The two lines are light but same shade..I believe that is an opk right?

MJN
I am so sorry for all you have been through especially the MC,God will give you your joy back.You probably got an infection from the evacuation,i guess the antibiotics they prescribed at the time were not right?And you suffered that pain for one year?Wow.God save us from quackery oo.
I hope you have found a reputable Obstetrician or a Reproductive Endocrinologist to work with.
I am believing God along with you and the rest of us that it is well and we will all receive our bundles of joy..
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nomshu(m): 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2012
sometimes we as human beings lack patience. i mean patience! remember a patient dog eat the fatest borne. be patient my sister and put everything in the hands of the lord, i dont know wether you believe in T.B. Joshua please try it is very very important. all the best
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
Mrskem
I hv never used an opk, but am seeing a faint positive. Let experts talK shaa

@MJN
Thank God for internet, b4 I finish reading ur post I alraady know u may be having a PID don't put ur life in d hands of quacks we hv on nig as prof docs. Most of them cause more harm than gud. Theyu don't update their knowledge. Check for good ones but always be at alert to their prescriptions and dosage. Don't use any drug without first researching abt it. TAKE CHARGE OF UR FERTILITY!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 12:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
Took the test on CD14 and noticed very light 2 lines....Don't know what it means. did i ovulate or not.??

I darken the pic so you can see the lines. or are my eyes playing tricks on me............Today CD 18

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2012
@ Udoka2 I dey look for the book: Take Charge of your Fertility. Read positive posts about the book, some say it helped them conceived naturally, without meds.

@ Seanbell. Thank you.

@MJN God will surely bless His own and bring Joy in every one of us Homes.

@Nakedall You are a child in a home am sure?, abi you fall from heaven, leave all those useless talk about having a child. I no blame You if God answer Us as required you go get mouth take talk useless parable ... If you feel giving birth na wahala ok wish you never had any in your home or family...can you say amen to that??>? My word is think before you talk. if a child think of killing its parent na that child and him family get the wahala.
don't we have children that bring Joy to their parent alive I asume you just want to make yourself noticed. get into another trend not this type of sensitive one okay. angry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by imurboss: 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Waowww,it's been a long while since i came in here.Congrats to all whom God has blessed with their heart desires and to all still ttc,God who did it for me will surely do it for everyone IJMN,amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Motherofnations: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
I'm glad I found this forum, I pray it helps me thru this emotional journey
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
nomshu: sometimes we as human beings lack patience. i mean patience! remember a patient dog eat the fatest borne. be patient my sister and put everything in the hands of the lord, i dont know wether you believe in T.B. Joshua please try it is very very important. all the best
nakedall: My dear bro/sister no bi by force to born, if God don't give you don't look for one by all means. think of it that you get the one that will kill you just to inherit your house on time, lot of them like that nowadays.

shut up!!! and never open that big mouth again.. did we ask you to kill your parents? or asked ur children to render you useless?

@nomhus,

am also sending a friendly shut up ur way! Do you know what it means to marry for 5years without a child? We have to do our part and pray that God perfects his plans and purpose for us. The Bible says faith without work is dead. For instance somebody has a PID and other health challenges and you are preaching PATIENCE! instead of taking medical action and pray that God will take charge too.

Sorry forumites am just hurting by some newbies posts jare...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Motherofnations: 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2012
Motherofnations: I'm glad I found this forum, I pray it helps me thru this emotional journey
I had one failed iui in feb, getting ready for an ivf in July, 2day is my CD1
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 1:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
Motherofnations: I had one failed iui in feb, getting ready for an ivf in July, 2day is my CD1

Welcome sis. God will put a smile in your face come July. There is IVF forum in this health board, check for it, you will get enough info for your ivf in July.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Motherofnations: 1:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
udoka2:

shut up!!! and never open that big mouth again.. did we ask you to kill your parents? or asked ur children to render you useless?

@nomhus,

am also sending a friendly shut up ur way! Do you know what it means to marry for 5years without a child? We have to do our part and pray that God perfects his plans and purpose for us. The Bible says faith without work is dead. For instance somebody has a PID and other health challenges and you are preaching PATIENCE! instead of taking medical action and pray that God will take charge too.

Sorry forumites am just hurting by some newbies posts jare...

I agree with u udoka2, this world would be a better place if ppl will think more b4 talking
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Motherofnations: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2012
udoka2:

Welcome sis. God will put a smile in your face come July. There is IVF forum in this health board, check for it, you will get enough info for your ivf in July.
Thanks dear will visit the forum. Trust me if I didn't " lack patience" I would still be childless + a nagging wife 2day. It was my impetience that led me n my hubby to identify my problem (homonal imbalance) and got solution which led to our boundle of joy 2yrs after ttc n 2wks after starting treatment. I started ttc again 2yrs ago now and I knw my hard work will soon pay off by the grace of God. Baby dust
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 1:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
@nakedall,nomshu, You both should be embarrassed with your comments,that is just too insensitive undecided. We are all here to help each other go through this difficult period together with a positive mindset and as such your negative comments are not needed here.

@mrs.kem09, that ovulation test looks positive to me,your LH might still be surging. I will advise you and your husband to start BDing now non-stop for the next couple of days. Don't worry too much about the test,the only 100% proof you have that you ovulated is when you see BFP @ the end of your cycle,so continue to knackison.

@Motherofnations and MJN, You are both welcome on board.

Sprinkling baby dust everywhere.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2012
@MrsKem

Read something on the OPK now..thought l shd tell you.
The OPK dictates the LH surge in the body, however there is usually LH in our body so what the OPK dictates is the surge, when its surges it means ovulation is due in 12-36hrs. In OPK you have the test line and control line. it is possible to see lines on the test and control lines every time u test, because as l said earlier we have LH in our body. But when u are about to O, it surges then the test line will be as dark as control line or darker than control line.. which means ovulation is near.
To answer your previous question, since the test line is faint.. you are not ovulating it just the normal LH in ur system thats showing. only when its darker or as dark as control line that it could be read Positive.

for more info http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#2

Which brand are you using and how many tests are there in the pack, also how much? I may be getting it tomorow.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Igosun: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2012
God Almighty will make your wish of being a mother comes through sooner than you expected.

You see the problem is not only from the woman like in my own case please no offence we are learning after having my first child i waited for like 3yrs + my hubby and I were praying but we never thought of going to hospital we just felt all iz well. I went to the hospital one day to treat malaria and my daughter was playing about so they doctor noticed we were close / spoilt (only child now...lol) so when it was our turn he asked me why have i not given her another baby, I answer when it is time i will get pregnant.....He looked at me and asked how old is your daughter i said 3+, are you on contraceptive pills i said (NO), have you done any test i asked why will i do test so far i have a daughter.

When i got home i discussed with my oga and he was like is true we never thought about test, that was how we started with different tests. Behold it was my hubby, we were shocked cos he very active now (lol)not knowing the sperm count is very low. Ok what could have caused that there was a time life was hell when he lost his job and he was home for a yr + so the thinking of him not been buoyant finacially and stress of getting another another job with Lagos wahala with thinking.

That was how he started with treatment from the doctor i swear is not even up to two months afterwards one morning i was so weak which is unusual to even talk na walaha he looked at me and said Iyawo ti gbe nkan mi ( you are pregnant) ............Now am seven months preggy.

Please dont let us relax (like we did in our own case) let us pray, do some tests if need be and have faith.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2012
@mrskemi
As par d book,I wish to read it too. I think that's what camrygmail read, followed d instructions and got her bfp. Maybe she will tell us abt it. Am yet to see, Or read d book but hv read a lot reviews online abt it.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mrskem09(f): 7:59pm On Apr 18, 2012
the name of the test strip is Predicte Ithink, a friend gave me a stick so I don't know how many in a pack will ask her when I visit on friday. Thanks for the indept respond. Am noT a fan ok d stick jare.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2012
@Udoka, thank you for handling the posters that are too lazy to read the entire thread and realize that God has answered Arlington. By the way did you find Preseed? I think it is worth giving a try again.

@Champs... wetin dey do that winch sef!!!! God will direct the path of your RE in what to do next and give you peace and joy concerning a BFP.

@Seanbell... last cycle was my first time tracking my bbt, I however stopped tracking at 3DPO because I realized that i was giving myself a heart attack every time my BBT was getting close to cover line. but i think it is good practice for people with Irregular periods and ladies who don't have the EWCM.

@Shiloh.. thank you!!!!.

@ROCKSQUEEN .. this bible verse always gives me assurance that my sins are forgiven. Matthew 21:22 say if i ask anything in prayer- i.e forgiveness is something i can always ask. God's mercy will be available to us all including me o.

@ Mrs Kemi … to me seems like the OPK is positive. But I swear those OPK stick drove me crazy when I used them, I prefer the Clearblue digital OPK ones that give you a smiley face when your LH surging. The only setback is that the CB digital OPK are expensive. So I used them when only when I start getting O pains and if I notice EWCM.

Someone asked about the book Taking Charge of your fertility. I think it is a v.good book to read. A lot of the information mentioned in the book can be found online (doing hours of research) just that the book puts it all in one place. I think it was really good for helping me understand how to Chart my BBT and pay attention to CM changes. I think it is worth buying. I don’t regret buying it. I recently purchased it for a junior cousin of mine who recently got married and was lost on the whole trying to conceive. She had the idea that all you have to do is unproctected sex. She enjoyed reading the book. Finally check out the reviews on Amazon.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by hebrewwoman: 1:10am On Apr 19, 2012
My friend just told me about this forum today and i joined right away cos i just need to vent a lil bit. So glad there is a forum like this.

I just had a miscarriage less than week ago and this is my 2nd miscarriage in 5 months, i had my 1st in November. I've been married just a little over a year so i cant say I've been trying for long. i got over the first miscarriage very quickly cos i figured it was just one of those things but this 2nd one crushed me. I could not just understand what happened cos i had just gone in for my routine prenatal appointment when my Dr said there was no heartbeat and the baby had stopped developing. I almost died, i went to heaven and came back cos it just didn't make sense. It took my body about a week to realize the baby had stopped developing and the miscarry on its own just 4 days before my scheduled D&C.

My Dr says am very fertile and don't seem to have any problems getting pregnant but carrying the baby to term. Now my they are running tests to know exactly what is going on cos both pregnancies ended at about 9weeks. Now am so scared of getting pregnant cos i cant take another miscarriage cos i still have not gotten over this miscarriage. Its not up to a week yet so i figure i'd heal with time.

These things sometimes just don't make sense honestly but the bible says "In all things, give thanks to the Lord" but how do you do that in a situation like this?

I know people who have had more miscarriages than i have but it still does not make it any less painful. I can go on and on but i'll just stop here for now.

My Dr says i should wait at least 2 months before getting pregnant again.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 2:35am On Apr 19, 2012
Igosun:
God Almighty will make your wish of being a mother comes through sooner than you expected.

You see the problem is not only from the woman like in my own case please no offence we are learning after having my first child i waited for like 3yrs + my hubby and I were praying but we never thought of going to hospital we just felt all iz well. I went to the hospital one day to treat malaria and my daughter was playing about so they doctor noticed we were close / spoilt (only child now...lol) so when it was our turn he asked me why have i not given her another baby, I answer when it is time i will get pregnant.....He looked at me and asked how old is your daughter i said 3+, are you on contraceptive pills i said (NO), have you done any test i asked why will i do test so far i have a daughter.

When i got home i discussed with my oga and he was like is true we never thought about test, that was how we started with different tests. Behold it was my hubby, we were shocked cos he very active now (lol)not knowing the sperm count is very low. Ok what could have caused that there was a time life was hell when he lost his job and he was home for a yr + so the thinking of him not been buoyant finacially and stress of getting another another job with Lagos wahala with thinking.

That was how he started with treatment from the doctor i swear is not even up to two months afterwards one morning i was so weak which is unusual to even talk na walaha he looked at me and said Iyawo ti gbe nkan mi ( you are pregnant) ............Now am seven months preggy.

Please dont let us relax (like we did in our own case) let us pray, do some tests if need be and have faith.

Congrats Igosun.

Welcome MJN , I agree Udoka that as I started reading ur post I thought to myself this could be PID. , glad it is now taken care of .

Welcome motherofnations and God will see u thru the IVf process IJN.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by camrygmail: 2:42am On Apr 19, 2012
hebrewwoman:
My friend just told me about this forum today and i joined right away cos i just need to vent a lil bit. So glad there is a forum like this.

I just had a miscarriage less than week ago and this is my 2nd miscarriage in 5 months, i had my 1st in November. I've been married just a little over a year so i cant say I've been trying for long. i got over the first miscarriage very quickly cos i figured it was just one of those things but this 2nd one crushed me. I could not just understand what happened cos i had just gone in for my routine prenatal appointment when my Dr said there was no heartbeat and the baby had stopped developing. I almost died, i went to heaven and came back cos it just didn't make sense. It took my body about a week to realize the baby had stopped developing and the miscarry on its own just 4 days before my scheduled D&C.

My Dr says am very fertile and don't seem to have any problems getting pregnant but carrying the baby to term. Now my they are running tests to know exactly what is going on cos both pregnancies ended at about 9weeks. Now am so scared of getting pregnant cos i cant take another miscarriage cos i still have not gotten over this miscarriage. Its not up to a week yet so i figure i'd heal with time.

These things sometimes just don't make sense honestly but the bible says "In all things, give thanks to the Lord" but how do you do that in a situation like this?

I know people who have had more miscarriages than i have but it still does not make it any less painful. I can go on and on but i'll just stop here for now.

My Dr says i should wait at least 2 months before getting pregnant again.

@hebrewwoman, wow u have been thru a lot, please find reason to Praise God in all things, when I had an EP I found it had to praise God until I was reminded that I could have lost my tube.
Secondly know that it is not your fault and leave it God hands , research and make sure ur doctors perform all test necessary in the 2 months waiting time. God is able.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.