Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,679 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5403547 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by marygold(f): 2:42pm On May 08, 2012
Good day house!I have been following this post,please does anybody have an idea what could be wrong with me?I had a miscarriage approximately 5weeks ago and I am yet to see my period.Is this normal?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 3:03pm On May 08, 2012
marygold: Good day house!I have been following this post,please does anybody have an idea what could be wrong with me?I had a miscarriage approximately 5weeks ago and I am yet to see my period.Is this normal?

I sympathise with you for the mc. it is quite normal, your body is trying to regulate. when l have my first miscarriage, it took me 3months to see my period.. bodies defer shaa, l dont pray it takes u up to that, but be patient you will see it. Eat healthy food, you will see it soon!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by marygold(f): 4:54pm On May 08, 2012
@ udoka,thanks for your reply,I was beginning to think something has gone wrong with me.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mandate14: 7:05am On May 09, 2012
Hi all,
AF showed her ugly face yesterdax cry, but like Nolla i refused to be sad kiss. Anyway this is another cycle and am still holding to God's promises regarding all of us that 'non shall miscarried or be barren in d land'.
@ Nolla, chin up sis, i like ur spirit.
@ udoka, happy knackson, the ff link u post can't open. To post ur link go to d top right of ur page u will c sharing click on it and u will c get get code. That is where u will get the code for ur link. It usually has some numbers at d end. GL
@marygold, am sorry for ur loss. God will uphold u.
To all others that i cannot mention, am tipping a trailer load of baby dust to go round everyone. Have a nice day
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 8:12am On May 09, 2012
@ Udoka....click on data on the top of the page,under cycle data entry you would see the temperature corrector, ohk mandate has told us how to get the unique code.

@ mandate 14....tanks for the trailer load of babydust! i claim mine.. grin.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:06am On May 09, 2012
Mandate..its well with you.. your days of BFP is nearer. You already have the positive spirit, head or tail you are a winner all the way!

Ebony
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/homepage_module.php?action=GetCode#codes, l trust it will open this time around

Mandate/Ebony
l dont really accept the ovulation date FF gave me, becos since Monday l have been having abdominal discomfort, and yesternight l noticed EWCM when l checked, however my cervix has been open since lask wkend. Again l got 36.1 as at yesterday though by 5pm, didnt do another at my usual time of 6pm, would have used corrector for it. This morning l got 36.3 at 4.30am, without getting out of bed or doing anything, l slept off immediately, till 6am, l got 36.50, corrector gave me 36.48.... Really confused shaa, but lets see. l am not really bothered becos l am doing the knackson.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:08am On May 09, 2012
oops!! still not opening the page...abegi l give up!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 11:21am On May 09, 2012
hahahaha.....its dere on that page its nt the url....under the 'your charting home web page address,u wld see d code under,thats what you are to copy nd post....lolz dis is myn http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a280c
stil no ovulation but i have been having cramps sinx last nyt til this morning but it has stopped now...just mild cramps though, thinking of going back to the doctor next week and request for IUI.

Pls has anyone done IUI on this forum? whats the cost and how is it like? need something to put my mind at ease. embarassed
udoka2: oops!! still not opening the page...abegi l give up!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 12:07pm On May 09, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 12:56pm On May 09, 2012
@ebony13, I have done IUI before, i paid 50,000 Naira(Washing of the sper.m and IUI procedure) excluding drugs to stimulate your ovaries to produce follicles. I had serious abdominal cramp hours after the procedure. It didn't work out for me because we didn't get the timing of the IUI right,i had already ovulated before it was done.

Sorry Mandate14,that stupid AF will not locate you again this cycle. I am 11DPO today,I pray i get my BFP this month.

Sprinkling babydust everywhere.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 1:12pm On May 09, 2012
@ Udoka abi o finally! dnt understand this ff people again o,but keep your fingers crossed nd kip it covered with enuf knackson.

@ Champs...rily? tanks for the information,dsnt seem too expensive buh i dnt knw how much the drugs would be? how come they missed it, didnt they monitor you? cramps rily?? shocked shocked God dey,have you tried another round?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 1:15pm On May 09, 2012
@ Champs BFP on day way wink, soaking you in drums of babydust!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 1:24pm On May 09, 2012
Champs are you in benin? shocked did you do the iui in benin? pls i need info pls,tinking of doing iui with injectables sinx i already have 6 failed clomid cycles though not with iui...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 1:26pm On May 09, 2012
@mandate: So sorry bout AF...do u need a hug ((((HUG))))!!!
AF pls stay away from all of us next month!

@champs: Where did u have dat IUI done and how much were the drugs?

I had ovulation cramps for about 3days...I was only able to bd twice. Now in my 2ww.

Am going for CD 21 blood work..they said the result will be ready in a month's time..I thought that was too long but I guess they know beta.

The pressure is really beginning to get to me and Dh, especially since some people recently made disparaging remarks to him about our childless status. cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 2:38pm On May 09, 2012
@ ebony13, I did the IUI in Benin(UBTH). I did an injectable cycle(Menopur),I produce 6 matured follicles shocked all in the range of 19mm on CD10,unfortunately my LH surged on its own before i was administered HCG on CD12 the day i ovulated,i missed it by a day even when i was monitored,they thought i will not ovulate on my own and planned to do the IUI CD13. I still went ahead and did the IUI just for the sake of it.

The injectibles makes u produce alot of follicles thus the risk of multiple pregnancy but increase your chances of one egg sticking, the matured follicles release alot of estrogen hormone that makes your LH to be elevated and likely ovulate on time.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 09, 2012
@Mandate...HUGS...dnt mind d silly AF,she can only try bt can't win. U r d winner! Smile girlsmiley. @Udoka,Ebony,Rocksqueen n Champs...sprinkling loads of babydust ur way...BFN is ur portion dis month.@Rocksqueen...felt sad for u ova d comments made to DH, some pple can b so meansad. Don't wory,dey will all eat their words. Am in CD13 today,dnt tink I ve ovulated,bt felt cramps on CD11. Checked my CM today and its lotion like and stretchy unlike the normal EWCM I get...am I fertile wit dis type of CM. Dis cycle is confusing though.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 2:56pm On May 09, 2012
There are 2 brands of injectibles that is available here both contains LH&FSH.

Menopur- 1 single apple,75iu= 3500 Naira
Menogon- 1 single apple,75iu= 2700 Naira.

Both work in the same way,just difference in brand. You might need up to 10 to 15 apples depending on how you respond to the injections when u are monitored. So you can do your mathematics from there.

Then the HCG(Pregnyl),10000iu that will help trigger your ovulation= 5000 Naira. You will most likely ovulate within 36hr-48hrs after taking this HCG. This HCG also helps patience that don't ovulate on their own.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 3:00pm On May 09, 2012
Rocksqueen
Dont allow mere man bring u down, they are not your GOD, and definitely your GOD will answer them. what rubbish >:
That test usually take 2wks..maybe they have backlogs!

Shiloh
You are in your fertile window..keep knacking!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 3:08pm On May 09, 2012
@shiloh, Thanks and i guess you meant BFN is NOT ur portion dis month.

If you are on CLOMID cycle ensure that you are being monitored via ultrasound in order to ensure that it is not thinning out your uterus linning. If your uterus linning is too thin below 7mm,there is no way a fertilized egg can implant in your uterus,that is one of the side effect of clomid and it can dry up your egg white cervical mucus.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MSTIA: 3:42pm On May 09, 2012
@Rocksqueen, pressure from people is inevitable, but you response or how you handle this pressure is what matters. Please don't be moved by what you hear or see, be only moved by the word of God.
@all sending loads of babydust to y'all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 09, 2012
Oops!!!. I meant BFN is not ur portion dis month ooo. @Champs tanks for d correction...dats wat one get wen typing wit fone..typo smiley.Best of luck girls!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 4:49pm On May 09, 2012
@ Rocksqueen....they have said it all...kip your heads up, he who laughs last laughs best..

@ Champs..thanks for all the info...i stay in benin but i dnt want to use UBTH,too many familiar faces and i just have a feeling they wnt follow me up the way i want..i was on clomid(unmonitored cycles) so i dnt even know if it affected my lning, i'm definitelychanging doctors,coz they just started administering drugs to me without running any tests. angryrily annoying

@ Shiloh..tanks dear! i receive my baby dust!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 6:27pm On May 09, 2012
@champs
Where u not allowed to BD during dat period? Its so annoying to hear this kind of story after such spending.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by infogenius(m): 8:56pm On May 09, 2012
Good to be back.I can only say one word "I am enjoying every bit of your gist and of course good information you are all providing".Thanks 2 udoka 2,champs,shiloh,etc and those making this thread worth following.

I have a little report I have been working on for some time and it will soon be out.It on this ttc issue.It is does not provide 100% solution but it really an eye opener to many ttc and it will greatly improve their chances.I will like to send a copy all of you(udoka 2,champs,shiloh,MSTIA) so that you can go through it and possibly advice.NL does not allow pm's so how do i forward it?

I will be posting properly from 2moro. I want to keep myself abreast with what has been happening on this thread so far.
Baby dust to ya all!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by champs: 12:23am On May 10, 2012
@Ebony13, that is what you get from these teaching hospitals,too many familiar faces and not being thoroughly monitored.

I was very furious when the IUI was a burst, I personally told the doctor CD10 when i went for my scan that i took an OPK at home and i was sure it was positive,he dismissed my claim saying that i am not suppose to do any OPK at home since i was on injectibles that i likely had false positive and he was angry that i was trying to teach him is job. He was adamant that the IUI must be done either CD13 or CD14 since i have 28days cycle period.

After spending so much money on medication,I wanted to be sure we where doing the right thing. Fast forward 2 days later CD12 i ovulated on my own, my eggs where all gone by the time i did the IUI CD13. And you are to abstain from sex for at least 2-3 days before the scheduled IUI to have good quality sper.m.

Ebony, do you know any other private clinic in Benin that carry out IUI procedure?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 7:43am On May 10, 2012
@ Champs....haba what the doctor dis was so not fair, the least he could have done was confirm if you were ryt, anyways i plan on going to one clinic at new benin, i reffered Nolla dere and she said the place is very okay buh i dnt knw if they do the IUI procedure, buh i should think so though. smiley

@ Udoka hws ur temps today? hope its staying up? mine is stil doin zig zag
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 9:16am On May 10, 2012
Ebony my sister, forget that temp ooo, I ONLY BELIEVE IN MIRACLE...the temp is nothing to right home about! One day up another day down.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 12:57pm On May 10, 2012
i concur....its rily
udoka2: Ebony my sister, forget that temp ooo, I ONLY BELIEVE IN MIRACLE...the temp is nothing to right home about! One day up another day down.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 10, 2012
@Infogenius..dats rily nice! Am sure we wuld love to read d report wen u r thru. just let us knw wen u r ready and I guess we will send u our individual email address. Tanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Genergo(m): 1:59pm On May 10, 2012
Issues with conception may not just be from the woman, so women should give themselves a break. You may have heard of supplements before now. Supplements are substance you take to make up for the nutrients you may have left out in your meal. IN Nigeria today many persons lack the right nutrients for their body, they take care of their stomach without taking care of their cells. Remember the cell is the building block of your body which is made up of nerves, tissues, organs. So when you build up your cells , you replace dying ones, delaying the aging process and remain productive or fertile for a longer period.

Because women lose lose blood every month ( menstrual cycle) , they lose alot of nutrients, a lot of nutrients are also lost through blood loss during childbirth.This nutrients needs replacements.

For the Men, it is necessary to keep up cells too, in Lagos state where you do a lot of seating down and inhalation of toxic fumes with lots of junk foods, you can hardly make up for lost nutrients. No wonder we have increasing cases of low sparm counts, low libido, infertility, low sparm mobility and the likes.
It is important to find out the right supplements to get the required nutrients for your reproductory health.

If you are serious about getting more information on these supplements, I can do a one on one for you. Kindly give me a call on 08186805052.

Thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RocksQueen: 5:45pm On May 10, 2012
@genergo. A one on one wetin? Did u read thru all the posts to enable you understand our cases? A one on one consultation ba?So that what will happen? Are you by chance a doctor? The last tym sumone posted a phone number for a 'one on one' he took a lady into a hostel and injected her with all sorts! Please don't take advantage of our vulnerability, just say what u think we shld take or buy or use and leave us to make the decision! Just my two penny, no offence meant!

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Genergo(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2012
Sorry about that, people can be very callous.

Glad you read through my piece.

If you have friends who are involved in Forever Living Products, ask them about 'Forever Multi Macca' and other supplements that can put one back in good shape.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.