Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,682 members, 7,851,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:29 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5438800 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (3054) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 1:51am On Jun 02, 2012
You guys were right, i had my HSG done 2day and to be frank it wasnt even as bad as i expected, b4 i knew it the procedure was over.
They had a screen to my side so i culd see wat the Dr was doing and watch d dye travel while he also explained evrything to me. I got my results right away and the good news is that my tubes are wide open, no polyps or fibroids and in the Drs words "evrythng is as perfect as can be"
The Dr that did the HSG will send the results to my Dr and then we'll knw the next line of action.
But so far low progesterone is cause of my miscarriages, so i'll see how my Dr wants to treat it after he gets my results. Am really thankful to God, cos my Dr told me that if all my test results are normal and Low Progesterone is the reason am miscarrying then theres nutting to worry about.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 2:05am On Jun 02, 2012
@ebony13, i too have PCOS and am on Metformin 3 times a day. Pcos is actually very easy to manage. YOu might want to talk to your Dr about putting you on Metformin, i started out with once a day, and after 3 mnths went up to 2wice a day and after another 3 months went up to 3 times a day. Some pple can start at 3 times a day without any problems anyway but my Dr did mine like dat cos he didnt want it to b too much for my body to absorb plus it has sme side effects.

How is ur cycle? how irregular is it? Also do you ovulate at all or is it irregular?
I've also read online that Clomid works better if you've been on metformin for smetime b4 taking it. Clomid didnt work for me tho even with the metformin, i tried it for 2 cycles but the 2 times i got pregnant i didnt take clomid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 2:10am On Jun 02, 2012
@ believer84, thats exactly the reason i stopped using OPK's. Cos timing intercourse takes away the fun. My Dr's advice was try and hve sex at least 3 times a week to have all ur bases covered that way there's no pressure. And it has worked for me. I try to do it evryother day if possible or evry 2 days at least.
I think that shuld help.
baby dust to u dear.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 7:50am On Jun 02, 2012
@ Hebrew woman tanks so much for the information, at my next appointment i would mention the metformin to my doctor,i don't ovulate at all and i have very irregular periods i can go for 2months without a period, the clomid actually helped me grow a nice follicle and i had my Hcg shot yesterday, is it that u were not ovulating on the clomid? Or it just didn't take? My DH was yabbing me that i have been wasting his sp.erm sinx..lol,i hav had 6 previous cycles of clomid but it was unmonitored so i dnt even knw if i was actually ovulating but not getting pregnant. Tanks dear would start my metformin immediately and i usually dnt react to drugs so hopefully i can start with a higher dose.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2012
@ebony13, I too do not ovulate and my period is so irregular dat I stopped counting. I haven't gotten a period on my own in more dan a year, I always have to take provera every month to induce. After 35 days I just take provera to get a period I don't even bother waiting to see if it will come on its own.
I didn't ovulate on clomid at all and both cycles were monitored. Metformin alone helped me ovulate n conceive d first time but wit d 2nd pregnancy I was taking fertilaid for abt almost 2weeks b4 I ovulated. I heard fertilaid regulates ur cycle but I didn't take it long enuf to knw if it would have regulated mine. Am starting fertilaid n metformin on Monday, hvnt taken it since I miscarried in April cos I wanted to just take smetime to let my body rest a lil bit while I go thru all d testing n d HSG too.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2012
My people

Sorry for d suspenses, I will update by Monday abegi, I still dey village wl be leaving this noon

Ebony
This is your month!

Hebrewoman
Congrats on ur HSG result

Sending baby dust to everyone
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 8:56am On Jun 02, 2012
@ hebrew woman,so sori about your miscarriages is it the pcos that caused low progesterone,i want to know so i can ask my doctor and possibly get a prescription for progesterone immediately i get pregnant,how long were u using the metformin before you ovulated? I aslo tried using fertilaid but without metformin,took it for 3 weeks and no ovulation, i heard its also good to continue the metformin even when pregnant, its so good to talk to someone who is going through exactly what i am going through, wish u sticky bean on ur next pregnancy!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 02, 2012
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 9:15am On Jun 02, 2012
@ Udoka Amen o! Looking forward to the update....safe journey!

@ Shiloh...tanks darlyn Amen o! I claim it and believe it...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2012
Thanks Udoka2 and Shiloh..i really thank God.
@Udoka2, cant wait for ur update too...hve a safe trip.

@ebony13, i asked my Dr that question and he told me dat even tho women with pcos have a slightly higher risk of miscarriage than women who dont have pcos, the low progesterone rate is abt the same for all women. I was on metformin while pregnant and was asked to be on it until 14 weeks, the reason according to my Dr is dat metformin brngs dat slightly higher risk of miscarriage down to the same as somone without pcos. Progesterone is actually more effective before you get pregnant, its better to start using it right after ovulation and then continue using it even if you get pregnant. I was already pregnant in nigeria but i was told i had low progesterone wen i came to america at about 6weeks and my Dr told me its a little late but we'll try to save the pregnancy anyway cos at 6weeks i should have been on progesterone for abt 8 weeks already since ovulation but i had no idea i had low progesterone. With my first miscarriage i was in Nigeria the whole time so thrs no explanation as to wat might have happened to that pregnancy but i strongly believe it was low progesterone as well.
I started using metformin May 2011 and i was taking it once a day until September and started taking it 2wice a day, i got pregnant in October so i believe taking it once a day didnt hve much effect on me. Then i went up to 3 times a day in January and i got pregnant in Feb. I wasnt using OPK's so i might have ovulated other months and didnt knw i did, am only sure of ovulating Oct and Feb cos i got pregnant.
Dnt wry ebony13, u'l b fine. Here is wat i suggest, make sure u have low progesterone cos not all women wit pcos have low progesterone, and if you dont then you dont have to wry abt dat. But if u do, then you ask for progesterone supplements. Also take to your Dr about putting you on Metformin.
Also my Dr prefers me to use progesterone suppositories(dats d ones u insert thru d vagina) instead of the once u take orally. He sed it gets into d blood faster dan if ur body had to digest the drug first. Actually he sed the fastest one is the progesterone injection cos it goes directly into the blood but he didnt put me on dat cos thrs no way i wuld hve been able to get shots 3 times a day evry single day.

We are in dis 2gether dear, we'll conquer. I also hope u wnt have to do all this, dis might be ur month...i have u in my prayers.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
@ Hebrew woman tanks so much for all the advice and encouragement I'm just so worried because i d'nt want to go throught the stress of ttc and then miscarry and then have to start trying again. I have a blood progesterone test on the 11th so i would discuss the metformin and the progesterone with my doctor!

Do and come back to your DH so u can get the bun cooking in your oven. Tanks dear uve lifted my spirits today,i pray i can conceive as easily as you do.IT IS WELL.

Sending truck loads of babydust to evrione!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 3:59am On Jun 03, 2012
@ebony13, dont be worried...It is not your portion to miscarry, jst do the humanly possible and leave the rest to God. Of course u'll be able to concieve, its ur inheritance.

Yes oo, cant wait to be home. I already hve an agreement with God that July is the month since my Dr wants me to wait 2mnths but i'll be bck dis June tho.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
Helloooo
Can see everybody is interested in my update. Thank God for granting me safe trip, I came back ystrday. Pls I wl update tomorw, its not convenient tying with phone.

Ebony
How did your dr diagnose d PCOS?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 4:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
@ hebrew woman amen tanks smiley

@ Udoka it was tru Tvs the doctor discovered plenty small follicles on each ovary so that was apparently what caused my irregular periods
thank God for safe trip
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by swit2have: 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
@ Udoka tank God 4 journey mercies! It's well wif U̶̲̥̅̊. Fingers crossed til 2mrw.
@ all it's my 32nd birthday 2day o!Hmmm Iwo Eledami I don't want 2 remain ds way next year o IJMN! Amen. (Getting emotional now) gud9yt. $ Baby dust  every1
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 10:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
@Swit2have
Thanks and Happy Birthday to you!
Don't get bothered majority of your mates are still praying for husband. Morever d bible says we will all bring forth even in our old age! So nothing like menopause, in case u dey feargrin! Your time of remebrance has come!

If human beings can lower high FSH, as d Naturopath told me, nothing is too hard for our God.

@ebony
I thot plenty small follicles means endometrosis(poor spelling) and swelling of ovary PCOS Someone shd correct me pls.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 1:37am On Jun 04, 2012
@swit2have, age is nuttin but a number. By this time next year, ur story will definitely b different.
I have an in law who had difficulty keeping a pregnancy, she had 4 miscarriages in one year and finally she found out she had a cyst in her womb and then she had surgery to remove it. She got pregnant shortly after the surgery and had her daughter and then she got pregnant agin jst wen her daughter was 3 months and jst had her son. She told me d other day she don run to tie her womb, since the pregnancy dey use speed come. I've also met a few other pple who had issues wit pregnancy but once God opened dat tap, na you go run. So do not wry, like my sister always tells me, Those children are already lined up waiting to come out.

@udoka2, Pcos is not swelling of the ovary but its many small cysts or follicles in one or both ovaries and its actually fluid inside the cysts. The main underlying problem is hormonal imbalance cos the ovaries is making more androgens that normal and thats what affects the development and release of eggs during ovulation.
Endometriosis is abnormal growth of cells similar to those that form inside the uterus but in a location outside the uterus. Pcos and Endometriosis have irregular or heavy menstrusl bleeding in common.
Hope that was helpful.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 7:14am On Jun 04, 2012
@ hebrewwoman
Thanks it really helped.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 7:15am On Jun 04, 2012
Swit 2 have
Hapi birthday wishing you long life and prosperity,by this tym next year your bundle of joy wld be in your arms.IJN amen.

@ Udoka Hebrew woman has explained it...dts why its called polycistic ovary.i do not hav heavy periods though,whenever they come they last for a long time like 1 week and some days or very short time.with endometriosis they have extremely painful periods because of the abnormal growth of the womb tissue in where its nt supposed to be but i think the period is somewhat regular compared to pcos-ers who sometimes go for months without a period,although there are also pcos-ers who have regular periods.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by agiboma(f): 8:15am On Jun 04, 2012
Hebrew woman:
You guys were right, i had my HSG done 2day and to be frank it wasnt even as bad as i expected, b4 i knew it the procedure was over.
They had a screen to my side so i culd see wat the Dr was doing and watch d dye travel while he also explained evrything to me. I got my results right away and the good news is that my tubes are wide open, no polyps or fibroids and in the Drs words "evrythng is as perfect as can be"
The Dr that did the HSG will send the results to my Dr and then we'll knw the next line of action.
But so far low progesterone is cause of my miscarriages, so i'll see how my Dr wants to treat it after he gets my results. Am really thankful to God, cos my Dr told me that if all my test results are normal and Low Progesterone is the reason am miscarrying then theres nutting to worry about.

Its true, once you get pregnant you can take progesterone suppositories or also talk to your talk about taking metformin it is very helpful with woemn who suffer from pcos i am not sure if that is applicable to you. But some women can take the metformin and not take the progesterone and avoid miscarriage.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
Hello everyone, for those who have been officially diagnosed to be having PCOS, God is the head of all things and He is above it. I read almost all the pages of TTC pages and initiade (i dont know if i got the speelings right sef), one of the early posters said she had pcos and in her post she said she only used multivitamins and above it she trusted God and in the end she had twins. Lets all learn to even appreciate God the more even as we visit our doctors and try our best, while waiting for your babies, wait on God the more, trust Him the more.

When the news of Dana air plane crash got to me yesterday, i cried, some are no more, you and i are not better than them and that we are still alive means that your hope is not lost. God will meet all our needs through Christ Jesus. Exodus 23:26, You will not cast your young ones, and that non (you and me) will be barren in the land.

Let me briefly share this with you guys the secrets of answered prayers, worship God even in that situation cos He said in everything give thanks, appropriate the Word of God in the request, like say God you said non shall be barren, lord you said be fruitful and multiply, have the right motive, ask in faith, forgive those who offend you, when an opportunity comes for you to tell someone about Jesus please do.

Dont forget, IT IS FINISHED, Christ paid it all. In the name that is above every other name, the name of Jesus Christ, you and I will be with our desired sex of children by this time next year. WE ARE ALL FRUITFUL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfull1: 1:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
redeemersave: Hello everyone, for those who have been officially diagnosed to be having PCOS, God is the head of all things and He is above it. I read almost all the pages of TTC pages and initiade (i dont know if i got the speelings right sef), one of the early posters said she had pcos and in her post she said she only used multivitamins and above it she trusted God and in the end she had twins. Lets all learn to even appreciate God the more even as we visit our doctors and try our best, while waiting for your babies, wait on God the more, trust Him the more.

When the news of Dana air plane crash got to me yesterday, i cried, some are no more, you and i are not better than them and that we are still alive means that your hope is not lost. God will meet all our needs through Christ Jesus. Exodus 23:26, You will not cast your young ones, and that non (you and me) will be barren in the land.

Let me briefly share this with you guys the secrets of answered prayers, worship God even in that situation cos He said in everything give thanks, appropriate the Word of God in the request, like say God you said non shall be barren, lord you said be fruitful and multiply, have the right motive, ask in faith, forgive those who offend you, when an opportunity comes for you to tell someone about Jesus please do.

Dont forget, IT IS FINISHED, Christ paid it all. In the name that is above every other name, the name of Jesus Christ, you and I will be with our desired sex of children by this time next year. WE ARE ALL FRUITFUL.

amen and thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
My update as promised

I went with all the results l have so far done. My last pelvic scan result showed cyst, though l thought it was functional cycst, she said it wasnt. it measured 2.1mm, she said functional cycst cannot be that much. Previously, cycst has been dictated and sometimes they wont see anything. According to her l never had blocked tubes, cos the hsg showed left blocked tubes...though the result seemed inconclusive, but my doctor went ahead to do flushing. According to her it was the cycst that partially blocked it. when she palpated my tommy, that exact place was really paining me. When i used herb for the seedling fibroid in 2010 l was palpated and had same pain, had thought it was the fibroid then.

Her conclusion is that l have hormonal imbalance and the cycst. Her first round of treament will be to balance the hormone, after about two cycles, we will start fertility treatment.

prescriptions

Bromocriptine (Bromergon brand) two point five mg a day
B6 fifty mg a day - these two to reduce the high prolactin ... advice to go for test after one month
Dong quai - to regulate my cycle, and stop blood clotting --
These three to be taken at nite

Another grinded herbs to be missed with water 3/4 tumbler ones every noon

Root herbs to be cooked with water -- one tumbler first thing in the morning before food

These herbs will build the progesterone as well as balance the hormone.

She advised that l stay away from sugar and too much carbohydrates.

She adviced me to stop the vitex and any other medication l was using and to tell her before taking any other medication not prescriped by her. i researched later that vitex and bromocriptine should not be taken together

She seem knowledgeable in what she's doing, l met other people from Lagos.

IT IS VERY MUCH WELL...GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 2:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
Redeemersaves
my sister, you said it well, am still sick by that news. On Saturday from OWR to LOS my Arik flight for 3.10pm was delayed till about 5.40pm becos of poor weather in LOS. l got to airport by 1.30pm was there till that time. YOu need to see me complaining....when l heard that news l started appreciating God again for journey mercies. It could have been anybody and any airline.
No matter what, we need to keep praising HIM for keeping us alive!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Redeemersaves, you have sed it all and you sed it very well. I know a few pple who were on that plane even tho they are not close to be but dat crash got me freaking out. There is nuttin more painful than seeing your death coming and knowing you cant do anythng about it. That is y dat sayin ONCE THRS LIFE THRS HOPE, makes so much sense cso life is the most importnt. It culd have been anyone on that plane, its so so heartbreaking. I always try to count my blessings anytime i find myself feeling dwn and by d time am thru i feel so much better.
God knows best. May thier souls RIP and may God comfort thier families.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 5:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Udoka2, That sounds like a plan. How long does she want you to do dis treatment for?
Your in my prayers dear, this is you at d end of your journey, your BFP is on d way.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2012
@agiboma, yea i take metformin while pregnant but as for progesterone i didnt kne knw i had low progesterone, i jst found out in March. I dont think you can hve low progesterone while pregnant and take metformin for it. Since not evryone wit pcos have low progesterone, metformin can work for them in lowering the risk of miscarriage. But once you have low progesterone in pregnancy (pcos or not), you def need the supplements until the placenta takes over after d first trimester.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ebony13: 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
@Udoka rily sounds lyk she knows what shes doing,i pray you get your bfp at the end of this road,did she check the position of your womb? ur post got me wondering what is the difference between follicles and cyst?

this is 3 days post hcg and i learnt you normally ovulate within 24-36 hours.but i was having serious cramps today so i am wondering could it be ovulation? i bd just incase o,no slacking! grin
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olynkem: 9:52pm On Jun 04, 2012
LOTS OF BABY DUST TO EVERYONE HERE:

some tips for getting pregnant - STRESS MANAGMENT

This is sometimes a delicate topic among couples trying to get pregnant. People are always saying...."just
relax, and it'll happen." Sheesh, don't they know that comment just causes even more stress!!

If you could just get pregnant, you wouldn't be so stressed, yet being stressed might be
keeping you from getting pregnant. Talk about a catch-22!

In any event, I am not going to tell you, "hey, just relax", but I will point out that there are
increasing reports of the link between stress and fertility.

But here's something very interesting... In some recent studies, women exposed to "laughter
therapy" actually had greater pregnancy rates than those who did not participate. What is laughter
therapy?

It's just what you might think. For at least 15 minutes a day (more is better), you need to find an activity
that makes you laugh!! Personally, I think one of the best ways to do this is to watch a comedy show
on TV, or rent a really funny movie. Or you can visit a comedy club if there is one in your area.
It doesn't really matter what it is, as long as you are doing something that makes you laugh!!

Believe it or not, this works much better than trying to force yourself to relax!! Give it a try and see
if it makes a difference!

Remember nature heals
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Hebrewwoman1: 10:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
@ebony, lemme try and see if this my explanation will make sense. From wat my DR told me, a follicle starts do develop during mid cycle and the d egg is deliverd to the fallopian tube which is ovulation, a follicle is wat makes the egg but smetimes if d follicles does not develop or mature they cant disappear on thier own, they then turn into cysts and keep filling wit fluids. So a cyst is pretty much a follicle dat jst didnt mature for ovulation to occur.

Dnt wry dearm its ovulation...dis is ur month love.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by udoka2: 5:59am On Jun 05, 2012
Hebrewwoman and Ebony
Am crossing my fingers that this will be d answer am prayn for
Ebony my sis they are sure not d same nau

@all
I am reacting seriously to d bromergon, vomitted seriously by 1am today, feeling depressed, dizzy and nausea. Infact almost all d side effects am having them. Need to talk to d woman tomorw, may hv to stop it abegi can't continue this way!

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (3054) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.