Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,236 members, 7,867,629 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:00 PM

Why Upcoming Artistes Should Quit Smoking Weed – Ibinabo Bagshaw - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Upcoming Artistes Should Quit Smoking Weed – Ibinabo Bagshaw (383 Views)

Dangers Of Excessive Smoking, A Victim You Should See / Mentally Challenged Man Smoking Weed By Roadside In Ibadan (Photos) / Exercises That Help You To Quit Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Upcoming Artistes Should Quit Smoking Weed – Ibinabo Bagshaw by mezynaija(m): 9:34am On Jun 23, 2016
This article may hurts some people out there, but I really don't care because if your a profusely or minutely addicted smoker and you respond to this - then you'll elude being in an obnoxious state in the nearest future

Let's get down to business

In present time, young folks tend to abduct the white people kind of lifestyle speaking of their smoking habit which is being displayed on films(& other means) and excessively exhibit it; if you ain't smoking in the midst of artistes today,they classify you as low class: smoking infests heinous effect in important parts of the body system(this would be explained as we continue). Sometimes I see "mallams", "nuisances" lighting up cigarettes in an energetic sunshine and they feel relaxed about it - "Do they want to get their brain knocked?".

I'll still repeat, in this article I'll open up some critical effects of smoking that even the white people who invented it did expose to you but you were still ignorant.

I believe after reading this piece of information you'll decipher the risks behind smoking

Are you ready?

Yes you have to be!

Now let's define smoking

What is smoking?

Smoking refers to the inhalation and exhalation of fumes from burning tobacco in cigars, cigarettes

and pipes (and other locally made smoking substances eg indian helm, dope etc)

Having known what smoking really means, let's push further to detail the inevitable effects of Smoking.

It entails thus:

Effects of Smoking:

According to Smoking.ygoy.com: "Tobacco smoke contains nicotine – a poisonous alkaloid – and other harmful substances like carbon monoxide, acrolein, ammonia, prussic acid and a number of aldehydes and tars. 

Health reports giving definitive proof that cigarette smoking is a serious health hazard have been submitted from time to time by the Surgeon General’s Advisory Committee on Health, appointed by the U.S. Public Health Service.

Findings include that a smoker has a significantly greater chance of contracting lung cancer than a nonsmoker, depending on factors such as number of cigarettes smoked daily, number of years the subject smoked and the time in the person’s life when he or she began

smoking.

Additionally, the report also gave proof of smoking being a primary cause of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, emphysema, heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases.

Smoking has proved to pose a threat to male potency. Pipe and cigar smokers are a comparatively fortunate lot as compared to cigarette smokers, if they do not inhale. They are not as prone to lung cancer as cigarette smokers. On the downside, the former set is just as likely to develop cancers of the mouth, larynx and esophagus. Groups of people indulging in snuff or chewing tobacco-a.k.a smokeless tobacco – also run a greater risk of developing cancer of the mouth."

Are you scared now?

No you don't have to be!

Some may ask their self what would occur when they totally stop smoking:

Short term effects when you quit smoking are:

1. Your blood pressure will become normal within only 20 minutes if you quit smoking right now.

2. The oxygen levels of your blood will return to normal within 8 hours.

Your sense of smell will return to normal within 2 days.

2. Your chances of having heart attack will also reduce in the same amount of time.

3. Nicotine level from blood will decrease remarkably in the same period.

4. Within 2 to 8 weeks circulation in the body will increase.

Note: Smoking has effects so numerous to mention; it also entails more frightening facts. But in the facet of this article, we would use these few.

Even when you stop, you still suffer some slight health depreciations 

You see! You still have chances to in some rate  to escape the outcome.

Regarding thorough environmental assessment, I noticed that the percentage of upcoming "artiste" to made artiste handling cigarette (and others) is 69%: 31% respectively.. On my estimations.

So my appeal to all upcoming artiste is: stay completely away from "smoking", it doesn't make you a hero because it will eventually bring you to zero. 

I won't skip to disclose the fact that many are too addicted to this - My Advice For Them Is: Discipline yourself and stop it for at least a week, with time you'll get use to doing without it.

Habitually speaking, smoking makes you generally irresponsible, so what's the point spending time on this precarious act.

I guess now you'll view smoking as preposterous! If you do.. 

Congrats...

welcome to the healthy life

I may seem to exaggerate more on this fact but its for the better and to make others who plan to venture into it premeditate with this piece of educating lines.

On this note I'll drop the pen.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/06/why-upcoming-artistes-should-quit.html

Re: Why Upcoming Artistes Should Quit Smoking Weed – Ibinabo Bagshaw by mezynaija(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Need A Fitness Trainer? / Aloe Power On Promo Now / New Method For Treating Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.