Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,933 members, 7,835,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? (26322 Views)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / What Would You Do To Him If He Is Your Son At The Moment(Photo) / Mother Beating Her 16-Year-Old Daughter For Sharing After Sex Photos On Fb [VIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by MrObontami(m): 12:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
The guy dey blow lie pass the way NDA dey blow pipeline
johnson232:

lolzz... in pluto i guess...
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by MrObontami(m): 12:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Opistorincos:
Iffa don born pikin misbehave for ma pman side, i go chop beta double decker slap... i love my parents tho
lol at double decker slap cheesy
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
MrObontami:
The guy dey blow lie pass the way NDA dey blow pipeline

Honestly, i was suprised to see that shaa... cant accuse him of lieing though..
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by MrObontami(m): 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Meeeehn this thread makes me remember my child hood when i use to get beat left, right and center by my uncles( both from my mum and dad relatives), dad, mummy and even grand mother cheesy

i feeling lazy to type i woulda go into the details, but me sef stuborn Oooooƶooooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
MrObontami:
Meeeehn this thread makes me remember my child hood when i use to get beat left, right and center by my uncles( both from my mum and dad relatives), dad, mummy and even grand mother cheesy

i feeling lazy to type i woulda go into the details, but me sef stuborn Oooooƶooooooo cheesy

Mehn, u chop beating wella oo... Chai sad sorry oo grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Opistorincos(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
MrObontami:
lol at double decker slap cheesy

Na so o
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Trottle: 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Nigga doesn't want to let out the entire reason why he was made to beg his bro (personally, i think its money-related or he blamed him wrongly for something, there's no proof to that though) ... Recently got admitted after triad years of writing Jamb sad ...

Infact, i'm actually tired of his issue, its his life to live afterall... We've advised him to ManUp and stop being a chicken or risk getting slapped by his mum even on his wedding day sad ..

You've tried your best, its left to him to MAN up. However, I think his parents' aggression towards him could be tied to him not securing an admission ealier, as you mentioned that they are strict.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
Trottle:

You've tried your best, its left to him to MAN up. However, I think his parents' aggression towards him could be tied to him not securing an admission ealier, as you mentioned that they are strict.

Yeah, the admission issue could be a strong factor amongst other factors that led to his current situation at 22 yrs lipsrsealed... Well, God help him....
Happy Sunday bro

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Feanah(f): 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
22?It's ok ONLY if you want your child to suffer from low self esteem.There are ways to discipline an adult child,and beating shouldn't be one of them
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
Feanah:
22?It's ok ONLY if you want your child to suffer from low self esteem.There are ways to discipline an adult child,and beating shouldn't be one of them

You're so right, but the guys parents wont listen to that story cheesy ... I'm just fed up of his issue..
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Feanah(f): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
GloryIsaac:

You're so right, but the guys parents wont listen to that story cheesy ... I'm just fed up of his issue..
Eyya that's sad.Hopefully,things change for him asap,I wish him luck!
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 06, 2016
Feanah:

Eyya that's sad.Hopefully,things change for him asap,I wish him luck!

Me too...btw, will love you to vote for VIZKIZ in the upcoming Mr NL contest, looking forward to your reply wink
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by omofabulous(f): 7:30am On Jul 09, 2016
Is not a sin for parents to scold their children but doing it right is what matters, beating doesn't change a child but turns him/her into an animal

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by holluphemydavid(m): 7:32am On Jul 09, 2016
I cud still remember when I was 30 and had disagreement with my mum, only wot she cud do is tryin to slap me, and I used to block her hands not to laid her hands on me, no matter wot, he's still a child to his parent, but not datt kind of beating oooo, beating get levels. I can't remember when I was beating last if not d stubbornness dat made my mum to do dat back den #funnybackden
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 09, 2016
okro no dey tall pass the planter
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by LabiaDestroyer(m): 7:33am On Jul 09, 2016
Rukkydelta:
Chisos! I was last beaten at the age of 10
keep decieving yourself
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by gistmeloveblog: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2016
so far you still dey under your parent roof at that age.. my guy u go still dey chop beating ooooo grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by ihedioramma: 7:38am On Jul 09, 2016
Yes as long as your mother is alive you are a small child to her and she want the best for you thats why . if you dont want that to happen to keep doing good things .
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by 99foxxy(f): 7:39am On Jul 09, 2016
I have never been beaten by my parent so i have no idea.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 09, 2016
Agreed. Same applies to my mum. She's told us that as long as she's still our mother, and if we ever mess up,regardless of our age, she won't hesitate to use the whip on us cheesy
jmichlins:
My former landlady still beats her son even when the son has made millions and has his own family. Children upbringing is a lifetime stuff

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by iomoge2(f): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:
Where do i start this ??

Well, i and a group of friends headed to a friends house yesterday to talk about certain things ahead of the evening service which was scheduled to hold by 4 pm.... on getting there, we noticed he was always touching a particular part of his head, on enquiry we found out that he got a beating from his mum the previous night because he came back late around 7pm which led to a disagreement between them.... We couldn't hold back the laughter grin, though it didn't last long because it led to an arguement on whether his mum was right to still be beating a nigga who would be clocking 23 or 24 this year (not so sure about his age though, but i know he's past 21) .

I'm fully aware that this niggas parents are strict and are really good at dishing out serious beatings since the days of adam and eve, my dad quit beating me when i clocked 13 so i find it really amusing to see a guy in his early twenties still getting some touches from his mum....
Decided to bring it to NL in order to know you guys opinion on this.....

And at what age did you get your last beating ??

Cc RoyalRoy

Imagine a son you sent to school with a fees of 1.5million a year, comes back after his mates graduated and tell u he was told to leave because he didn't pass. This happened in year two n he continued collecting your money without saying.

This is someone whose accommodation is 400k yearly, feeding and all that over 300k yearly and he is studying Aeronautical Engineering.... This course is not in Nigeria so u had to source foreign currency to send him to school.

He finally comes back and at 22 bringing all sort of girls to your house when u go out claiming he is a pastor. Not knowing that without schooling he can't be a respected pastor.

When all he is interested in is carrying women n breaking up with them. The girls are even wiser n have all gone to date serious guys.

Someone who refused to follow you to your place of work where you make money to send him to school - Pure water factory - instead sleeps at home all day.

Someone who before you open mouth to talk to, he says it's his life.

Someone who has no respect for anyone.....

Please o, is it not to arrange better beating for him?
Or what else can u do?

Now he claims he has seen another school in UK.
Whereas he wasted your money schooling in Ghana (KNUST) with nothing to show for it.
Ghana that was easier to pop into.
Now it's UK that u may not see him for another 50years he is gunning for.

Well, I have told him, he can go n sell his kidney to go to UK
I am done assisting my parents to send him to school.
Smh.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by sandalina(f): 7:46am On Jul 09, 2016
jmichlins:
My former landlady still beats her son even when the son has made millions and has his own family. Children upbringing is a lifetime stuff
We understand that 'children upbringing' is a lifetime thing but there's a stage children get to when you don't need to use things on them before you correct them...when scolding or speaking to them will do it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by ewizard1: 7:47am On Jul 09, 2016
Tunechi1:
Not strange it happens and a child is not too big in the hands of his/her parent
Not with beating!
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by iomoge2(f): 7:49am On Jul 09, 2016
omofabulous:
Is not a sin for parents to scold their children but doing it right is what matters, beating doesn't change a child but turns him/her into an animal

The one u don't beat that's an animal nko

My SIL has been a medical doctor for over 10years n her mum still slaps her when she misbehaves or is about to.

My mum inclusive.
She still does what is needed.

U r never too grown for your parents.
Read my earlier post n see if u were d parent of the boy, what will u do?
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by ewizard1: 7:50am On Jul 09, 2016
Even if he still feed from their pockets, the most is beat him with words and not physical.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by menxer: 7:51am On Jul 09, 2016
I don't have to read your story to answer your question, which is an emphatic YES.

If you are still been beaten by your mother at 22 years, it means you are still a child that needs to grow up (a lot to learn).

The beating stops when you start thinking, talking and doing like an adult.

BTW, you are never too old for mommy's flogging. grin
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by LydayBobo(m): 7:53am On Jul 09, 2016
dollyjuke:
22 receive beating? Make he go wash wash his head 21 times
and also in 21 streams
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by natedalo: 7:55am On Jul 09, 2016
People don't seem to get that this young man is being abused. Discipline doesn't mean beatings, there are more effective way s to discipline a child without beatings not to talk of a 21 year old young man

If the guy was assesed psychologically i would not be surprised to find psychological issues. He is an adult and he is at the stage of life where he should be learning how to stand up for himself and what he believes.

This beatings could lead him in long run to accept emotional abusive relationships with people because thats what he is used to and he doesn't know better. It would also wreck havoc on his self esteem.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 09, 2016
GloryIsaac:

Its unfortunate though this is the first time i'm seeing someone that age get beaten, it just shows that anything goes here .... but what can one do someone even said his landlady still beats her son who is married with children and making millions!!! lipsrsealed ( this one's extremely hard to believe though)
am telling u...na so pple go dey lie
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by aimuan(m): 7:59am On Jul 09, 2016
jmichlins:
that your landlord deserve mental evaluation.
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by pendusky(m): 8:00am On Jul 09, 2016
SANDOSKI:
[b] Pman no go hear dis one, age no matter cry

*OKORO TREE NO DEY PASS DEY OWN~ no matter dey age wey u dey, if u misbehave, Pman go hammer u beating *gringrin

Bt dis days things don dey change small small, even Pikin of 5yrs dem don stop to beat am ...gringrin

SANDOSKI hehehehehe
Re: Is It Right For A Mother To Keep Beating Her Adult Son At Age 22 ? by Rainmaker69(m): 8:01am On Jul 09, 2016
jmichlins:

What sort of comment is this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding / Nigerian Man Suprised His Wife With A Benz After Giving Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.