Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,197 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:07 PM

Letter To The Gents- Men And Their Skin + Top 3 Nollywood Actors With Great Skin - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Letter To The Gents- Men And Their Skin + Top 3 Nollywood Actors With Great Skin (889 Views)

Bleaching: Nigeria Tops List Of African Countries Whose Women Bleach Their Skin / Healthier But We'll Have Great Skin At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Gents- Men And Their Skin + Top 3 Nollywood Actors With Great Skin by biminiflash: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Hey guys, welcome to Letter To The Gents (LTTG), a topical feature exclusive to Blecyn George Monsi's Web if you are just joining us for the first time, welcome and i assure you, you are going to love it here. Every Thursday i am dedicated to writing an article about ladies and of course gentle men. It could be health, hygiene lifestyle or socio-cultural issues faced by ladies and men and this is my little way of contributing to alarming issues. I'll be discussing Men and their skin car today, and as we all know, our skin is very vital, though most men have been tagged with the careless factor when it comes to their skin but with the evolving society of today, we are beginning to notice that men cares about their skin after all.

Before i continue, i will love to mention only but three Nollywood actors with what i'd call a wonderful skin. For the sake of clarity, i do not know any of them in person, i just had the opportunity of seeing them and what stroke me was the evenness of their flawless skin; In no particular order;

1. Bryan Okwara
image result Bryan Okwara's skin

This is one Nollywood actor with a beautiful skin... you don't have to be a celebrity to have his kind of skin

The days where appropriate skin care for men was regarded as nonsense are long gone. Today men skin care is more acceptable, and more men worry about their appearance, maybe not as much as women, but they are catching up. Men want to look good, young, attractive, healthy...and why not?

Guess what? Cosmetic companies have noticed the trend in men's hunger for having a good skin and so they have developed lots of products for men now unlike before when all you find on the shelve were women's skin products.
Dear men, before rushing to buy skin care products, make sure that you understand the basics of your skin and what you should be using. Don't just use your partner's cosmetic product, thinking because it makes her look good, same will be applied to you.

2. Blossom Chukwujekwu

This gentleman here is the 2nd on my list...

What Makes Male Skin Different From Female Skin

Men's hormones or testosterone are responsible for male skin characteristics. The main differences between the skin of men and women are:
Men's skin is 24% thicker than women and the texture is rougher.
Collagen and elastin are found in more quantity in man skin.
Men's skin is oilier with open pores and is prone to spots, blemishes and acne.
Shaving irritates and dehydrates the skin.
3. Alex Ekubo
image result for Alex Ekubo-biminiflashng.com
And this is my third.
1 Factors Affecting How the Skin Looks

Factors that influence the skin's appearance are similar in woman and man:
1. Sun
2. Genetics
3. Age
4. Smoking
5. Stress
6. Alcohol
7. Lack of exercise
8. Bad diet
9. Pollution
10. Lack of sleep
11. Dehydration
Easy Skin Care Routine for Men

Clean the skin every day, morning and night with specific products to get rid of dirt.

Moisturize every day to protect the skin from external factors and dryness.

Protect your skin from sun everyday

Use a nutritive product during the night to regenerate the skin.

Use a specific product to protect the area around the eyes and prevent dark circles and puffy eyes.

Use products, aimed at your age group. The moisturizer that you use during the day, or the nutritive during the night can at the same time, act as anti aging. Ask in the beauty counter about the skin care ingredients that the product may contain.

Apply a specific product before shaving and a moisturizing lotion after. Try to shave after the shower, use a quality razor and change the razor's blades regularly.

Exfoliate the skin at least once a week to get rid of dead cells and excess of oil. It will also help with cellular renovation and to avoid the appearance of spots.
Written by: Blecyn George Monsi

And that is it for today on Letter To The Gents. I hope this article helps in giving you that skin you've always wished for. Thanks for riding with me, and don't forget to join my tweetchat tonight, 8pm #HotTalkWithBlecyn, for details follow @blecyn1 on twitter. Stay safe until next Thursday.

(1) (Reply)

3 Signs You Would Start Masturbating Soon And The Possible Way Out / 5 Types Of People That May Die If MMM Crashes / 10 Warning Signs That Something Is Wrong With Your Liver!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.