Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Top 5 Living Hip-hop Legends. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Top 5 Living Hip-hop Legends. (998 Views)

The State Of Hip-hop/trap Music In Nigeria - My Opinion / Nairaland Rapper, G'iyaz, Drops His Debut Hip-hop EP, PRISM Break! / Please I Need A Cool Site To Download Latest Hip-hop Naija Musics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Living Hip-hop Legends. by ournaijablog(f): 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
When I listen to Hip-Hop I don’t listen to the beats I listen to the words, it’s like a treasure hunt where clues are left to be found, In every word there’s a message and each message leaves you with an insatiable question about “LIFE” and what to make of it.

Hip-Hop has been defined as “ART” “CULTURE” sometimes it’s been claimed to belong to a particular race “BLACKS” although this isn’t true but we all know Hip-Hop was the “THUGS” way of venting out his frustrations and getting his message across, Hip-Hop was substituted for “GUNS N DRUGS” it was substituted for “MURDER AND GANGLIFE” Hip-Hop was the “SALVATION” of the Thug’s life.

Today I am going to list my five all times best Hip-Hop artists of the 90’s

Andre Romelle Young: AKA Dr Dre, I call him the king of beats and a survival, Compton wasn’t the best of places to grow up but he only didn’t survive Compton he became the number one beats producer in the USA and a billionaire.

When I listen to “Bleep Tha Police” which happens to be my number 90’s favorite song, I see the black man’s struggle to not only be seen as a criminal or a drug addict but to be respected as a human being.

Snoop Lion Formerly known as Snoop Doggy Dog Also known as Snoop Dogg: I call him seductive Hip-Hop rapper; he’s number two on this list because of the album “Doggystle” wow I never get tired of listening and it was an incredibly huge success back in the day.

Stanley Kirk Burrell known professionally as M.C. Hammer: you remember the movie “Sharktale” by will smith? The theme song “Can’t touch That” yea that’s MC Hammer, I call these sets of people living legends; their past and present glory still speak for them, their songs are like drugs with people wanting more, MC Hammer takes the number 3 spot for top 5 Hip-Hop living legends from the 90’s.

O’Shea Jackson AKA Ice Cube: my second favorite from Compton, have you heard this guy rap hardcore? It runs in the family you know, his eldest son is also a rapper and a damn good one at that, he apparently wrote “Bleep Tha Police” with Dr Dre and Easy E. Ice Cube is noted as a proficient lyricist and storyteller and is regarded as a brutally honest rapper,nd he is considered one of the founding artists in gangsta rap, while fellow rapper Snoop Dogg ranked Ice Cube as the greatest MC of all time.

Trevor George Smith, Jr AKA Busta Rhymes: I call him the fastest rapper alive, phewww, can you mimic this artist? Nah I’d pass, he is so good that he has 11 Grammy nominations to his name, now beat that, he is a living legend of 90’s rap artist with hit songs after hit songs, he’s on this list because he’s earned his place as a rap god.

Now this is my top 5 list of Hip-Hop living legends of the 90’s, I’d be coming up with something more interesting and everyone gets to choose who should or shouldn’t be on the next lists.

Ibeji Isabella

Repping,

Undergroungcontest.com

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Help A Budding Female Rapper Win This Competition (pepenazi's I.A.G.T) / New Mix From Dj Prinzy / New Music:- Phyno Ft Wande Coal - Zamo Zamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.