Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs (74917 Views)

Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs / Top 7 Most Popular Confraternities (cult ) In Nigeria And Their History / Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History + Beliefs [MUST SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by fagbohun4j(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2016
Those days when Frat men were highly respected..... These days, both olokadas (bikemen) and taxi drivers are the ones engaging in it now. Some don't even know the slogans or anthem of what they belong to. You just hear them saying I BE ...... Nawa ooo

8 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by ruggedtimi(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2016
What about maf men
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 24, 2016
ped007:
2. NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF SEALORDS
BUCANNER ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (BAN)
ALORA-SEALORDS

In 1972, a member of the Pyrates Confraternity, Bolaji Crew (Code-named “Late Ahoy Rica Ricardo” and others were indifferent to the teachings and doctrine of the confraternity and as such, before one could say Jack Robinson, the birth of a new cult group named Buccaneer emerged structuring it styles and hierarchical structure after the Pyrates. Different notorious cult groups had emerging without check from the concerned authority, unleashing terror on humanity and posterity.
Some beliefs and sayings:

No Price No Pay
No brothers in the wood
No laughing on board
Blood for blood
Let the devil that lead you guide you

They have other sayings, which are basically thereby to make new members feel they made the right choice in belonging to a fraternity with such high code of conduct and discipline.
Members are known as: ”Fine boys”, ”Ban Boys”, ”Alora”, ”Bucketmen”, ”Lords,” etc

men wey get liver.

but I d admire Aye sometimes sha
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by JudgeWilson(m): 7:02am On Jun 24, 2016
AMICI DURA AMICI

1 Share

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by babyfaceafrica: 7:03am On Jun 24, 2016
Cultish everywhere you go
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by blayne(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2016
0147 tested! #neo-Africanism #NBM-of-Africa
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Silensa(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2016
Op come complete the list or ..
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Womanitarian(m): 7:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Egede nwanne!

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Bespiel: 7:45am On Jun 24, 2016
*coughs and walks outta thread*
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by dwilliams: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2016
why I gobjoin dis dirty cults,when ogboni,Illuminati, Freemason and others de there, hell na hell,die na die, just enjoybur stay on earth with the bigger boys dan smearing the name of ur family and loved ones with mud
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Perfecttouch(m): 11:01am On Jun 24, 2016
skimmy005:
alora for lyf o.. i rep BAN..
i rep JCNSOG ( Jesus Christ of Nazareth son of God) the author and finisher,the beginning and the end.the only one that can guide me when I walk in the valley of the shadow of death while I fear no evil. The one that protect when all other gods are snoring. The one that gives free wealth,health,prosperity, long life and the only thing he ask in return is serve me with all ur might.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by ametu166(m): 12:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
skimmy005:
alora for lyf o.. i rep BAN..

ALONSOALONSO cool
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by naniawini(f): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
I luv Buccaneers! Alora sea Lords!

Awumen

7 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by nely(m): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
I rep JNC (JESUS NWA CHINEKE) the great Lord of Lords, court john 3:16

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by skimmy005: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Perfecttouch:
i rep JCNSOG ( Jesus Christ of Nazareth son of God) the author and finisher,the beginning and the end.the only one that can guide me when I walk in the valley of the shadow of death while I fear no evil. The one that protect when all other gods are snoring. The one that gives free wealth,health,prosperity, long life and the only thing he ask in return is serve me with all ur might.
who ask u?

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
naniawini:

Awumen
I hope you go vote mimzy tomorrow??
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by kilonso001(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
I love the fact that u love buccaneers.

grin grin grin grin grin
naniawini:

Awumen

5 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Elnino4ladies: 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
I rep alora
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by naniawini(f): 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
Sure na
olihilistic:

I hope you go vote mimzy tomorrow??
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by naniawini(f): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
grin grin grin cheesy
kilonso001:
I love the fact that u love buccaneers.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by ernesterioo(f): 1:47am On Jun 25, 2016
Make diz Police job click, I already have a list of people I would arrest _Watchout

6 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by ped007(m): 5:47am On Jun 25, 2016
ernesterioo:
Make diz Police job click, I already have a list of people I would arrest _Watchout
Lol no surprise say ur superior for the police job go be top member.
U go arrest taya be dat.
#HappyArresting Baby Police.

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by leestryder: 8:08am On Jun 25, 2016
skimmy005:
who ask u?
Na who ask u to quote, everybody gat his/her freedom on this platform... #QuoteMeAndRemainDaft
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by ped007(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2016
leestryder:

Na who ask u to quote, everybody gat his/her freedom on this platform... #QuoteMeAndRemainDaft
ONE.... TWO.... FIGHT (in mortal co.bat's voice.)
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Soclose007(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2016
skimmy005:
please I need more of the pics thanks
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by haxorDelite(m): 1:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
skimmy005:
who ask u?
u be mumu, shey dey ask other people
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Ay04z(m): 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
waste of career and worshipping devil....

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by youngsahito(m): 2:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
ped007:
For those of you who don’t know how the various cult groups came into being in tetiary institutions in Nigeria, here’s a brief to further broaden your spectrum.
Most of the publications I have read on the subject of cultism seem to agree that what is known as “secret cults” in tertiary institutions in Nigeria started when the Pyrates Confraternity was formed at the University college Ibadan (UCI) in 1953. The confraternity was formed by six students at UCI, namely, Wole Soyinka, Aig-Imoukhuede, Pius Olegbe, Ralph Opara, Nat Oyelola and Olumuyiwa Awe. The Society was formed for the following reasons among others:

To Abolish convention,
To revive the age of chivalry
To end tribalism and elitism.

There is no doubt that the intentions of the founders of Pyrates Confraternity were altruistic. They obviously did not set out to create the hydra-headed monster (or phenomenon) known as cultism in today’s terminology. But like a farmer clearing a bush in the harmattan and setting a fire to a heap of dry leaves, what started with a group of six has now become a chimeric underground movement, a tyrannical monster with many heads.
The list of the secret cults operating in our educational institutions looks like what you will find in the encyclopedia of any computer anti-virus software. At the count it was estimated that there are 44 cult groups operating in various campuses in Nigeria. This is probably an underestimate. It has also been estimated that the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), University of Calabar (UNICAL), Univerisity of Benin (UNIBEN), University of Lagos (UNILAG), and the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) have not less than 16 cult groups operating in each of these campuses at any given time.
Source: http://date360ng.com/2015/08/18/top-7-confraternities-in-nigeria-and-their-history-beliefs-must-see/
patiently waiting for the remaining four...gbayi
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by Elxandre(m): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2016
stupiiid idiottts already repping their devlish entities whose only purpose is to kill and maim.

Exactly how has these groups contributed to the betterment of general wellbeing of the society at large?

How does any sane person willingly become an assasin in his early twenties?

Shame on you all glorifying debauchery, purposelessness and barbarity.

4 Likes

Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by onward4life(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2016
Perfecttouch:

Me too cos that is the source. Of my all. Thanks
Re: Top 7 Confraternities In Nigeria And Their History & Beliefs by YourMajesty(m): 7:15pm On Jun 25, 2016
Aro mate!!!!!

For where there's no war, there's no peace.
Aro chameleon (XYZ) grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABU Produced A President, 3 VPs, 25 Governors & Others In Nigeria / Secrets Of First Class Students? / Ashawo High School Signpost That Has Got People Talking(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.