Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods (638 Views)

Buhari Violates Law On Public Procurement Like Jonathan, Yar’adua- Premium Times / Public Procurement Amendment Bill Passed By Senate / Is Sharia Law Now For All Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods by chimere66: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
The Senate has passed the Public Procurement Act into law.The law aims at patronising Nigerian made goods which will help boost the country’s current crippling economy.The law will make buying of Nigerian made goods compulsory.This decision was taken after consideration of the report of the committee on public procurement sponsored by Joshua Dariye representing Plateau West senatorial district. The bill is titled procurement act 2007 (amendment) bill 2007 (SB. 232).

Disclosing the news,Bukola Saraki said.....

'I just affixed my signature on the Senate’s version of the Public Procurement Act (Amendment) Bill, 2016 (SB.232), which will now be forwarded on the House of Representatives for Concurrence.

Many countries have used legislative mechanisms like these that focus inwards to diversify their local economies.

This amendment helps to position our local producers, manufacturers and service providers to benefit from the government procurement process of ministries, departments and agencies.

Hence, once passed by the House of Representatives and signed into law by Mr. President, this amendment will help to stimulate Nigeria’s domestic economy, and will go a long way in ensuring that in the process of awarding contracts, funds are available as quickly as possible and jobs are actually completed.'

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/06/senate-has-passed-public-procurement.html

Re: Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods by lytech1(m): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2016
Including our doctors!!!

If yes,am so happy...

But am sure this idiot will be the first to break the law...

They will be the one to travel abroad to treat just common headache
Re: Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods by richidinho(m): 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2016
What about ear treatment?
Re: Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods by meforyou1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
It's not law yet. House of Reps have to concur. And buhari has to accent.
Re: Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods by emmalexabl(m): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2016
BIAFRANS SHOULD GET READY....

TO PLUCK THE RIPPED MANGOES FROM THE TREE...

GOD BLESS US ALL...
Re: Senate Passes Public Procurement Act In2 Law!Now It's Compulsory 2 Buy 9ja Goods by ckmayoca: 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Is any law prohibiting me from buying made in Nigeria product before?

I will spend my money to buy what I see and want.

(1) (Reply)

Has CHANGE Affected Electricity In Your Area? / PHOTOS: Niger Governor's Wife Distributes Food Items Donated By Aisha Buhari / Witch Or Wizard Hunt? Nigerians Wake Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.