Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon (3827 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by nejifresh(m): 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hi guys,

I thought i should just announce the launch of my new app Nairachat. I created this app as a simple way for Nigerians to meet other Nigerians wherever they are.

Nairachat has all the cool chat features you find on Whatsapp as well as Video Call like Skype. The coolest thing is that you can do a video conference with over 100 people on the app. It uses your location to show you people around you, and you can search based on Tribe, Religion, State of origin etc.

P.S: I am creating a paid ad on Nairaland this weekend so MODs pls dont ban me.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by chimoskyg(m): 5:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
Okey great work bro

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by guru01(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice work.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Objectoriented: 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice work, this should hit FP, where is that FP button again.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by teampregar(m): 8:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nice innovation, but the problem with naija products or services is that they like affiliating with already sucessful products,facebook was succesful a nigerian made a social network called facekobo, @OP the brand Nairaland inspired u to use the name Nairachat right?? guess what by doing so u are only gonna promote d brand called Nairaland the more, imagine if someone that does not know u created that app suggests it to his friend..this will be their conversation:
Boy1: Oboy check out this new app, make ah send am give u..
Boy2: The app good oh, na Nairaland people do am shey?
Boy1: (is ignorant of the real founder) E be like oh.
Boy2: This Nairaland people sabi something ohh.
guess what, u have just help promoted nairaland ones again.. This thing called brand awareness is very important
company's pay more than $120,000 just to promote their brand..
Try and change the name of your app and do a relaunch if u can please, If u call ur app Nairachat people will think it is actually related to bankers,accountants social network, dem no go join.. The name WhatsApp was Gotten from Whats Up (Cool right) .. Give ur app a name that sounds fun..
U said the app does video calls right ? Why not call it Live(u can communicate live with video call) or Relate(u can interact with people) or any other name that potrays waht it does

5 Likes

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by enigmatique(m): 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2016
I created a Nairachat a long time ago just for the fun of it. It was a webchat platform that people can login to by using their NAIRALAND username and password.
Seun was very mad at me, and I ended up deleting the konkobility stuff.

I am fine with this stuff, but the brand name is my only problem.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by bot101(m): 6:00am On Jun 24, 2016
dhtml18:
I created a Nairachat a long time ago just for the fun of it. It was a webchat platform that people can login to by using their NAIRALAND username and password.

grin grin grin
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by teampregar(m): 7:32am On Jun 24, 2016
dhtml18:

Lols, Where did u get the Nairaland Login API from
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 24, 2016
teampregar:
Ehm, ehm, anwering that question will get me banned permanently. Just let the past be past, I dont want any wahala again, especially as I have my own platform to promote.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by nejifresh(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2016
teampregar:
Nice innovation, but the problem with naija products or services is that they like affiliating with already sucessful products,facebook was succesful a nigerian made a social network called facekobo, @OP the brand Nairaland inspired u to use the name Nairachat right?? guess what by doing so u are only gonna promote d brand called Nairaland the more, imagine if someone that does not know u created that app suggests it to his friend..this will be their conversation:
guess what, u have just help promoted nairaland ones again.. This thing called brand awareness is very important
Try and change the name of your app and do a relaunch if u can please, If u call ur app Nairachat people will think it is actually related to bankers,accountants social network, dem no go join.. The name WhatsApp was Gotten from Whats Up (Cool right) .. Give ur app a name that sounds fun..
U said the app does video calls right ? Why not call it Live(u can communicate live with video call) or Relate(u can interact with people) or any other name that potrays waht it does

Very sound advice though. I appreciate. I'll consider it. The basic premise of this app is to meet Nigerians wherever you are. Nairachat sounded more like it.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by teampregar(m): 8:52am On Jun 24, 2016
nejifresh:

Very sound advice though. I appreciate. I'll consider it. The basic premise of this app is to meet Nigerians wherever you are. Nairachat sounded more like it.
Then u could have named it naijachat instead of naira chat, because when they hear naija any where they are in the world they will know that they can use the app to communicate with their fellow Nigerians..
Nd also , u mean ur target market are only Nigerians?? No support for other countries . Anyways i wish u the best, its time for African products to be respected by the world

1 Like

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 24, 2016
^^^Exactly, naijachat is a better name, instead of using Nairaland brand.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 24, 2016
Err, nothing really wrong with nairachat as such, just that it sounds rather like nairaland. Do your marketing well, and there ought to be no issues.

1 Like

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Booyakasha(f): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
teampregar:
Interesting.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 3:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
teampregar:
it's actually quite simple, just inspect nairaland login form. You will see it is posting to link, just simulate it like below.

Send a post request to https://www.nairaland.com/do_login with your username & password and make sure you include Content-Type = application/x-www-form-urlencoded in the header. You will receive an error message if the login is invalid or the homepage if successful.

3 Likes

Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
^^^Nay, not so simple. If you send a post url and it is successful, assuming you can send remotely. How will you make use of that in your app?
In short, how will you write a php script to validate if a nairaland username and password is correct - that is the real question. If you wish to answer this question - write a working code first (if you can).
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by FincoApps(m): 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
dhtml18:
^^^Nay, not so simple. If you send a post url and it is successful, assuming you can send remotely. How will you make use of that in your app?
In short, how will you write a php script to validate if a nairaland username and password is correct - that is the real question. If you wish to answer this question - write a working code first (if you can).

The way I'll do it is Check if the response contains the string "Wrong user name", then I'll know it is invalid
or
Check if it contains "Logout" link, and I'll know it logged in,

Or even check of the response contains the username the user used, then you will know it is logged in
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 4:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
^^ right

^^^^ it is that simple, you don't even need to handle cookies since you are just validating.
I don't have to start writing the program. I'm used to writing bots and Web crawlers already.

NB: Handling cookie is just to keep the user logged in, which is done automatically by a web browser.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
FincoApps:

The way I'll do it is Check if the response contains the string "Wrong user name", then I'll know it is invalid
or
Check if it contains "Logout" link, and I'll know it logged in,

Or even check of the response contains the username the user used, then you will know it is logged in
All these big talks you guys are sayingg, you have better code it and let us see it in action.

You mean, you will use http post to submit a post request to nairaland, and it will return the result to your php script? Hia, hia hia hia. . .you guys no go kill me for this place.

My own advise is this - it is not a code battle, you guys should try what you say and let us know if it works (i doubt it).
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
Yes. There is no need to start coding it sef. Just install Postman chrome plugin and test with it.

You can chat with 1 of my bots on Facebook www.facebook.com/sbot07 It has the ability to crawl nairaland and send you the front page topics and the content of each.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
^^^You are diverting attention elsewhere. Anyone can crawl a website, but to do what you propose is what I am interested in, to see how you plan to authenticate nairaland via a simple php script.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by sleepingdemon: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
dhtml18:

Ehm, ehm, anwering that question will get me banned permanently. Just let the past be past, I dont want any wahala again, especially as I have my own platform to promote.
im guessing he used curl and used status code to verify if it was a succesful login
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
sleepingdemon:
im guessing he used curl and used status code to verify if it was a succesful login
O yeah, oya bring on the code now? Too much talks on this technical matter, just write a simple code - you dont need mouth to say it.
You know me i use to say - talk is cheap.
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
^^^Geun geun, seun, them don hack nairaland o!! alert!!! alarm!!!

*escapes from the thread using the troll backdoor*
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
tongue na you ask for a working code nau

@OP where is the download link to the android app?
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by teampregar(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
nejifresh:

Its so funny how we have taken over OP's app promotion thread with Who can hack Nairaland login and who cannot.
The mod of programming section suppose don move this thread go FP now, @OP i think u should mail the mod to take this thread to FP ( visit the programming section and click Mail Mods button on the bottom after the pagination numbers) send the mod a mail and tell him u would like to move ur thread to FP.. Its time 4 we Africans to promote what is made by us wheter little or small and gain respect from the world
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 8:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
teampregar:

Its so funny how we have taken over OP's app promotion thread with Who can hack Nairaland login and who cannot.
The mod of programming section suppose don move this thread go FP now, @OP i think u should mail the mod to take this thread to FP ( visit the programming section and click Mail Mods button on the bottom after the pagination numbers) send the mod a mail and tell him u would like to move ur thread to FP.. Its time 4 we Africans to promote what is made by us wheter little or small and gain respect from the world
Where is the download link na?
Re: Meet Nairachat - Nigeria's New Phenomenon by jidez007: 8:35pm On Jun 24, 2016
@dhtml18 i'm curious about your version o. Please send it to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Journey / New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. / ( At Present)"watch Lucy 2014 Online" #streaming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.