Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,704 members, 7,813,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? (1251 Views)

What Will Happen If You Boil Egg Inside Oil Instead Of Water? / This Is The Heaviest Object On Earth / 5 Things That Will Happen In 2017 JAMB That Have Never Happened Before (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
Fellow Nairalander, a colleague of mine asked me this question and I felt like asking it here too, to find Solution to it. below is the question.

when an unstoppable object collide with an immovable object, what will happen?

Pls we need a solution to the question.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by akoko11: 6:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
There will b a diffraction.. ..hmmmm I am coming
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by lordizak(m): 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2016
heavy impact on the surface.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by akoko11: 6:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
lordizak:
heavy impact on the surface.

What kind of impact sir
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by lordizak(m): 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
akoko11:

What kind of impact sir
Tsunami.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by Remii(m): 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
If stuck together, vibration. If no sticking, unstoppable object continue to bounce
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
Remii:
If stuck together, vibration. If no sticking, unstoppable object continue to bounce

that's to say it won't pass tru d immovable object, hence, d unstoppable object has been stopped
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by ouigy99(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
They both become unstoppably immovable
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by fr3do(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
unstoppable, doesnt mean it cant change direction.
upon collision the unstoppable object will change direction.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by Oyiboman69: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
the law of momentum conservation. the energy lost by object one is equal to the energy gain by object two.
so lemme say action and reaction are equal and opposite. law of motion, first law I guess.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by Remii(m): 7:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
gevans:

that's to say it won't pass tru d immovable object, hence, d unstoppable object has been stopped
in physics, movement not necessarily an advancement in only one direction, could be cyclic, periodic, etc
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Remii:
in physics, movement not necessarily an advancement in only one direction, could be cyclic, periodic, etc

Hmmmm interesting
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 7:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Oyiboman69:
the law of momentum conservation. the energy lost by object one is equal to the energy gain by object two.
so lemme say action and reaction are equal and opposite. law of motion, first law I guess.

that's to say one of the objects will lose it's stand, I think that any object that is unstoppable should b able to crush anything on its path.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
1 In Physics, law of inertia entails what ever sets in motion keeps moving. That's for the Unstoppable object.

2 According to the law of Gravity, Force exert on an object determines the momentum in relation to speed and mass.

Conclusion - When the unstoppable(inertial) meets with the immovable by the help of gravitational force, the consequence is wear and tear but in this case hollow intense damage.

For example, A fast car travelling at 120 speedometer collides with a immovable stationary car. What would happen. Damage to the immovable but when the mass of the immovable out weight the unstoppable, then the unstoppable comes to a halt.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by Oyiboman69: 10:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
gevans:

that's to say one of the objects will lose it's stand, I think that any object that is unstoppable should b able to crush anything on its path.

this means that, as the collide,objet A will stop and object B at rest ,will move forward with the same amount of force from object A before the collision. eg when two vehicle collided.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by Oyiboman69: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=aaronson post=46866600]1 In Physics, law of inertia entails what ever sets in motion keeps moving. That's for the Unstoppable object.

2 According to the law of Gravity, Force exert on an object determines the momentum in relation to speed and mass.

Conclusion - When the unstoppable(inertial) meets with the immovable by the help of gravitational force, the consequence is wear and tear but in this case hollow intense damage.

For example, A fast car travelling at 120 speedometer collides with a immovable stationary car. What would happen. Damage to the immovable but when the mass of the immovable out weight the unstoppable, then the unstoppable comes to a halt.[/quote

I disagree,the moving object when collided with the one at rest,the one at rest will move with the same momentum, while object A has lost its momentum
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by prof800(m): 12:08am On Jun 24, 2016
This generation..!
This is supposed to be in the jokes section.

________
That is why the real physicists stay off this thread.
Well let me just indulge you.
There is no object in the universe that is not moving.
And motion itself is relative. So there will also be no connotation as "unstoppable". Even light itself and some sub atomic entities like electrons and photons in extremely high velocities- the closest particles to being unstoppable will bow when they get close to a black hole.
At least you remember the "theory of relativity".
Please let us ask reasonable questions.

1 Like

Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by MisterDreamz(m): 12:14am On Jun 24, 2016
Stupid question! Those who made useful things those days asked better questions then(The aircraft came up because of the question "why do insects/birds fly?)
Which object is immovable or unstoppable in the first place?

#Meanwhile,don't mind me.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 12:46am On Jun 24, 2016
prof800:
This generation..!
This is supposed to be in the jokes section.

________
That is why the real physicists stay off this thread.
Well let me just indulge you.
There is no object in the universe that is not moving.
And motion itself is relative. So there will also be no connotation as "unstoppable". Even light itself and some sub atomic entities like electrons and photons in extremely high velocities- the closest particles to being unstoppable will bow when they get close to a black hole.
At least you remember the "theory of relativity".
Please let us ask reasonable questions.

my prof sir, I sincerely appreciate ur comment, truly every object in d universe is moving or vibrating at its own frequency just that we may not see some of them with our eyes. as regards to this question so much knowledge had being shared here.
sir I like to ask u this question, like u said, everything in d universe moved, does d sun moves?
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 12:49am On Jun 24, 2016
MisterDreamz:
Stupid question! Those who made useful things those days asked better questions then(The aircraft came up because of the question "why do insects/birds fly?)
Which object is immovable or unstoppable in the first place?

#Meanwhile,don't mind me.

Aiit
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by prof800(m): 6:32am On Jun 24, 2016
gevans:

my prof sir, I sincerely appreciate ur comment, truly every object in d universe is moving or vibrating at its own frequency just that we may not see some of them with our eyes. as regards to this question so much knowledge had being shared here.
sir I like to ask u this question, like u said, everything in d universe moved, does d sun moves?
My brother, I love your response. I appreciate your question and I want to believe you are not a physicist or inclined in that discipline, if not you would not even ask me if the sun moves. You see what I am talking about?

Ah this generation!

Even a simple google search would have provided your answer. But I have always been a very patient teacher. So again I indulged you.

Yes sir, The Sun actually moves.

.(Oh nairaland…
where art thy glory days?
When great intellectuals
flooded thy honeycomb
As swams of tarantula
performing nairaland-cadabra
using simple mucuna
without a sting
without a stink
'twas just a frizzling, sizzling drizzle
'twas just so hoity toity! )
_______ prof800 (2016)
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 5:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
prof800:

My brother, I love your response. I appreciate your question and I want to believe you are not a physicist or inclined in that discipline, if not you would not even ask me if the sun moves. You see what I am talking about?

Ah this generation!

Even a simple google search would have provided your answer. But I have always been a very patient teacher. So again I indulged you.

Yes sir, The Sun actually moves.

.(Oh nairaland…
where art thy glory days?
When great intellectuals
flooded thy honeycomb
As swams of tarantula
performing nairaland-cadabra
using simple mucuna
without a sting
without a stink
'twas just a frizzling, sizzling drizzle
'twas just so hoity toity! )
_______ prof800 (2016)

bro u dnt need to lament . i did this for fun n for pple to learn from it n nothing more. i know d answer of this qn from genesis. tanx
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by tmanis(m): 9:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
The world ends. Simple.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by shakrullah(m): 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
gevans:

bro u dnt need to lament . i did this for fun n for pple to learn from it n nothing more. i know d answer of this qn from genesis. tanx
Just give up you still dey talk trash. Listen and learn. When you are ignorant of something, allow others to teach you.
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by GdexFolami(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2016
So bros whats d answer
Re: When An Unstoppable Object Collide With An Immovable Object Wat Will Happen? by gevans(m): 11:45am On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=shakrullah post=49672369]
Just give up you still dey talk trash. Listen and learn. When you are ignorant of something, allow others to teach you. [/quot
Aiit, since that satisfy u. carry go prof

(1) (Reply)

2017 Waec Time Table And Practical Specimens / April 11: UNIPORT Remembers Fallen Comr. Peter Ofurum / Jamb Novel INDEPENDENCE Summary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.