Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,824 members, 7,956,115 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:59 AM

Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? (776 Views)

Man Strips Unclad To Fight SARS Officers On Illegal Duty (Pictures & video) / Police Officers Beat Journalist And His Driver Despite Having Complete Papers / Tanker Filled With Contraband Goods In Zamfara, Aprehended By Custom Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? by DobraDobra: 1:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
Please am not sure if am in d right place here but I want to ask people out there if custom officers on the roads are allowed by law to ask for custom clearing documents of your car that you are suppose to be going about with it along with your car particulars especially when you are out of lagos. To at about 11am my wife her friend and d driver were stoped on road leading to Akure and were asked for d custom paper of d car which was left at home in lagos they where charged 20k and used style in collecting d car key from the driver saying he want to know if d key got sensor. After spending hours on d road and all came down from d car dey were allowed to go after forcefully parting away with 5k
Re: Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? by AUTOCRATIC(m): 4:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
DobraDobra:
Please am not sure if am in d right place here but I want to ask people out there if custom officers on the roads are allowed by law to ask for custom clearing documents of your car that you are suppose to be going about with it along with your car particulars especially when you are out of lagos. To at about 11am my wife her friend and d driver were stoped on road leading to Akure and were asked for d custom paper of d car which was left at home in lagos they where charged 20k and used style in collecting d car key from the driver saying he want to know if d key got sensor. After spending hours on d road and all came down from d car dey were allowed to go after forcefully parting away with 5k
I don't know if law actually permits them... That location is more than 200km away from the boarder where they were suppose to be situated
Re: Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? by happen2: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
You can always carry photocopies
Re: Are Custom Officers On D Express Permitted To Ask For Custom Papers Of Your Car? by DobraDobra: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
happen2:
You can always carry photocopies

Its no problem carrying copies, but we have laws and I thing we also create our own law among our selves that we become slaves to. If no law in nigeri from police to road safety to custom to vehicle inspector officers say one should carry documents used in clearing ur car y must one go about with it. After how many yrs will dey not ask for such documents again wen dey see d car is getting old or when. Soon they will ask for reciept of purchase. I think customs are suppose to be at border post not on high way or express. That y I always wish we are allowed to carry guns a lot of dis madness will not happen, un armed custom men? I will drive along and turn back to come and deal with dem they will vomit all d money they have been collecting from people. Thanks and incase u stumble on what d law says kindly let me know cheers

(1) (Reply)

Man Caught With 25 Liters Of ‘soak And Die’, 17 Others In NDLEA Custody / 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos / YABA: Housewives Bathe Each Other With Hot Water Over Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.