Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why (15182 Views)

12 Reasons You’re Not Getting Job Offers (Even Though You’re 100% Qualified) / These 10 Things On Your CV Could Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired / These 10 Things On Your CV COULD Be The Reason You’re Not Getting Hired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by AnsaCareers: 2:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
You’ve spent hours writing a job application and getting prepared for your interview. You dressed in your best clothes and thought you nailed the interview, but you were still rejected why?

Want to know why you are not getting your dream job? Here are 25 reasons why

1. Not keeping track of your accomplishments

2. Leaving on a bad note

3. Not networking

4. Only using the Internet

5. Only searching for the perfect job

6. Writing a generic cover letter

7. Typos

8. Including your current work info as the best place to contact you

9. Focusing on yourself and not on the company in the cover letter

10. Not targeting your résumé to the position

11. Showing up late

12. Dressing for the wrong job

13. Not asking questions

13. Not answering interview questions

15. Not paying attention

16. Not researching the position

17. Not researching the company

18. Forgetting common etiquette

19. Forgetting you’re being interviewed from the moment you walk in

20. Bringing up salary too soon

21. Not sending a thank-you note

22. Being over-aggressive in follow-up

23. Not learning from your mistakes

24. Forgetting where you’ve applied and interviewed

25. Stopping your job search while you wait for a response

So What Now?

Time to pick yourself back up and keep going strong. keep your mind open, stay positive and be willing to learn from your experience. You will get a great job.

Helpful TIP: there are countless resources on the internet to help you improve your job applications, CV and interview techniques. Check out the link below:
http://www.ansacareers.com/25-reasons-youre-not-getting-job-search/

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Nice One, FTC
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:14am On Jun 26, 2016
This is meant only for Nigerians

1 Like

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by veekid(m): 7:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Village witches no follow?
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by brunofarad(m): 7:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Ok
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by ceeplus(m): 7:15am On Jun 26, 2016
26.Inferiority complex:asking your self "am i sure i merit this job"

1 Like

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by talk2yommex2000(m): 7:17am On Jun 26, 2016
That's alright
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Goldenheart(m): 7:18am On Jun 26, 2016
If only U Are Really Good At What U Do...
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by ibuzzngr: 7:19am On Jun 26, 2016
This s mice
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by dfrost: 7:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Nice one op. Not having a positive attitude and lying on your resume can cost you the job too because you end up not knowing the resume you submitted.
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by driand(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Nonsense, I hate excuses... You giving people reason to accept failure... angry

What happened to "25 tips to get your dream job" ..?

ladies and gents if you've not gotten your dream job, it's on the way, just a few tips

Stay focused

Look good

Never accept failure

Get a cv professional to help you package your cv

Never look down on yourself as no job is too big for you wink

More importantly while you hope never cease to pray for pray is the key to unlock doors

Happy sunday...

14 Likes

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Glaxx(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Nice list OP. But you seem to be forgetting one: Not having a godfather in the company. Lol

6 Likes

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by erayo2GCA(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Few jobs for millions of graduates
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Rapmoney(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2016
Na wa o! See the way the thread dry like Harmattan...e dey front page, yet still on the first page!
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Femich18(m): 7:30am On Jun 26, 2016
We Ve got thousands of graduates and fewer job vacancies.. Xo dres no way everybody will be employed dts the basic truth...
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Femich18(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2016
Glaxx:
Nice list OP. But you seem to be forgetting one: Not having a godfather in the company. Lol
Abi, its one of the factors o especially in Nigeria...many jobs are not given out based on Merit but on "Who knows who"

1 Like

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Nice List, I think it all makes sense

1 Like

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by rose54321: 7:38am On Jun 26, 2016
Wow a whooping 25!!!! Nice list....
Though mehn, a lot of people with jobs ( i mean fully utilized and employed) fell short in some areas on your list.

Bottom line, while you can't be perfect, I believe Most Nigerians are unemployed because:
1) Their English is terrible, while i understand that English isn't our Mother tongue, unfortunately its the official language so you need to spend time improving your communication skills. Reduce time and data spent watching music videos on YouTube and watch Rosetta Stones English package.

2) Terrible CV: Some graduate still send Scanned CVS, i repeat Scanned F.ucking CVS. like wtf if you don't have a PDF or .doc/docx (word) format don't bother to apply. Secondly, the appearance of your CV, some niggas here will copy and paste from the internet without editing the font type and or Size. You are unemployed (doing nothing) and you cannot take out the time to package your CV well, dude it tells me a lot about you.

3) Laziness: Advance yourself, don't just sit at home saying "the govt. hasn't provided jobs", submit unsolicited applications, learn a trade, attend a course. Personal development cannot be overemphasized.

Even for the best it's usually not easy to get a job anywhere in the world, but from my experience a reasonable proportion in Nigeria suffer from self inflicted unemployment.

3 Likes

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Richy4(m): 7:43am On Jun 26, 2016
Experience has showed me that 80% of all this is just favour....Just hope that u be favoured by man.

There's no right answer or wrong answers in an interview questions....Just saying this because i have worked with some group of people and i start wondering how did they get here? What did they answer that made them land on the job Haba!!!!

And FYI it was not in Nigeria i got this experience where they say it was "man know man"

My advise will be for every one seeking employment to do the best that they can and live the rest to God and destiny...I believe a lot of people has done this 25 things and more yet no nothing.

4 Likes

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Icon4s(m): 7:44am On Jun 26, 2016
26 . Not having the required Grade for fresh graduates.
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by holarbihsz: 7:45am On Jun 26, 2016
Never mind d reasons,.pray to God nd u will have ur dream job

1 Like

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by ajasa4link: 7:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Some graduates too are being lazy and want to sit at home for jobs to meet them at home. Imagine telling someone to enter streets to drop CVs in some particular organizations, only for me to ask him later and he told me...... Ehn, I submit cv online(as if I didn't know the HR has an email b4)..... Smh. While he is giving that yeye excuse, the other guy I gave them the info at the same time has already gotten to the medical stage of the same company.
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by ajasa4link: 7:51am On Jun 26, 2016
Richy4:
Abule sowo.... Weldone o, booker T
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by pepigeorge(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2016
Tip to get job

All unemployed graduates stage a national protest nation wide occupying all government houses, house of assemblies, senate facilities. ........
Job will come out .....If government can't create jobs for her citizens, at least create an enabling environment. ..unemployed graduate loan bill should be passed into law.
Nigerians graduates are jobless, mouthy, weak and don't know their rights..... they only come to social media to to take sides with corrupt govt and castigate militants...we call them names bt at least they are fighting for their rights
All they know is 100 million tips of how to go lick asses of interviewer for pin nuts jobs

6 Likes

Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by SilentPistol: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2016
The sole reason you aren't getting a job is because of the the stiff competition in the job market. And the only way to break through is to make yourself competitive in whatever ways you can.

Further your studies, hone your cognitive ability for test taking, look good, network, hone your oral and written communication skills, just do whatever the hell you want! —As long as it gives a competitive advantage.
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by akanbiaa(m): 8:33am On Jun 26, 2016
Change your mindset positively, act positively, get Connected to your Creator at a deeper level, master your skills, master self motivation, be good to those around you and try your luck.
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by 1984samuel: 8:47am On Jun 26, 2016
MTN job opportunity.

H&C Consulting Outsourcing Company is recruiting now for the client MTN Nigerian for target-driven & sales-oriented personnel to work under a territory as Mobile Field Agent (MFA), Ijebu Ode, Shagamu, Ago Iwoye, and abeokuta Environs within Ogun state . Qualification : O.N.D, N.C.E, O'LEVEL. Age: 18--30. kindly indicate your interest by
Visiting H&C Consulting. Suite 4 cultural village Olusegun obasanjo presidential library oke mosan Abeokuta. Or summit your C.v to info@hcnigeria.com, , call: 08132664440. Application closed -- 28/6/2016
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by lisimmo(m): 9:08am On Jun 26, 2016
Good stuff
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
Never realized how frustrating it is searching for a job and getting absolutely no response at all embarassed embarassed cry cry
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by sundayakasdy(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2016
Hmmmnn......which job,in which country.

Maybe its in Nigeria next coming.
Re: You’re Not Getting The Job – 25 Reasons Why by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2016
I often wonder why marketers/sales Rep, who do the most work are paid peanuts, the company even go as far as deducting from their salaries. Also their salaries are not fixed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Jobs For 3rd Class And Pass Graduates / Man Narrates How He Disqualified 3 Job Seekers For Not Having PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.