Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Need For Southern Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For Southern Unity (824 Views)

There Is Nothing Like Southern Unity. I Am Not In Support / The Igbos And The Yoruba 'cold War'; A Case For Southern Unity. / Southern unity Towards 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Need For Southern Unity by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
Countless times I've watched and read how Igbos, Yorubas, Edos, Urhobos and other Southern tribes throw tantrums at each other here on nairaland and even outside nairaland. I can't help but shake my head at the stupidity of some of the so called Southerners. Why the hate? Why the insults? Why the bad blood?
Isn't it obvious that it's not getting us anywhere? The North continues to rule and exploit us from the South and instead of we uniting for a common cause, we are here cursing, slandering, backbiting and throwing stones at each other. I'm really sick and tired of it. It's time those of us from South tell ourselves the truth. The North is not the problem but we Southerners cos we are always fighting ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: The Need For Southern Unity by BusinessHub1: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2016
Know why this thread isn't getting attention? cos you are too blunt! They prefer lies to the this very undiluted truth. I used to think all these attackers are foreigners or northerners..only to realised they are the same entity..mostly igbo vs yoruba. so pathetic.
Re: The Need For Southern Unity by Onenka: 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
The north are truly united.

You cannot even tell the difference between NE & NW.

Even the MB always line up with thier fulani masters up north when it comes to politics.

Here in the south, we are quick to shout 'SW, SE, SS' but the north will simply say 'North.'

It is so unfortunate.

Re: The Need For Southern Unity by flexrivers(m): 4:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Really pathetic but true. You won't find a Tiv or Idoma attack or abuse the hausa/fulani even with the herdsmen crises but we in the entire southern region keep bickering and insulting each other over irrelevant issues.
Re: The Need For Southern Unity by kettle84(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
the southeast , south south and middle belt are already united forever, it is left for the southwest to come to the fold but they are unstable and likely to betray the union for a plate of freebies of the north. the north knows this,that's why they mercilessly used the southwest to get to power only to take all vital appointments leaving the southwest behind.

the weak link of the south is southwest.

1 Like

Re: The Need For Southern Unity by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
kettle84:
the southeast , south south and middle belt are already united forever, it is left for the southwest to come to the fold but they are unstable and likely to betray the union for a plate of freebies of the north. the north knows this,that's why they mercilessly used the southwest to get to power only to take all vital appointments leaving the southwest behind.the weak link of the South is southwest

Maaan y'all jonaahideen need to stfu. Okaaay?

2011 when Jona got votes in the SW, they weren't betrayers then eh now that he has been sent packing, the SW has suddenly become the region of betrayers.

And by the way, who is even interested in your useless southern co-operation that's based on bigotry. Dem born us join una?

P.s: I'm not part of them APC/PDP crew so you better come up with something else before you bore me with your generic terms.

As for the OP, that was the same olosh that was celebrating the death of those who died in ikorodu. Your apa. You dey krase! Southern unity ko, eastern alliance ni

Aye southern unity ma baje ni

3 Likes

Re: The Need For Southern Unity by kajole(m): 8:30am On Jul 06, 2016
goodmorning, saw your thread on your poutry farm, i use this medium to seek if i could work either for or with you. I am particularly interested in the experience and is driven by the passion, i once managed a poutry farm of 200 birds when i was in kwale in delta. I look forward to a positive reply. My cell number is 08138741301 and my email is okaforraphael23@yahoo.com.
Re: The Need For Southern Unity by Reminez(m): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2016
Re: The Need For Southern Unity by orisa37: 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2016
Let Nigeria be collapsed into 6 Fully Autonomous Divisions and have powerful supper Governors in charge, then there will be healthy competition engendered that will make Nigeria very great again.

1 Like

Re: The Need For Southern Unity by Horus(m): 2:07pm On Jul 06, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGFUCCCC9kQ

[size=14pt]Nigerians Frown At Incessant Trend Of Tribalism[/size]

(1) (Reply)

REVEALED!! No Boko Haram Member Surrendered To The Military..see Those Who Did / NIGERIAN STRUCTURE - The YORUBA Memorandum Of May 11, 1994 In Akure. / Is Our First Lady Not Back From The US Trip?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.