Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

[Kogi State University Anyigba] Open Letter to Governor Yahaya Bello -ArjiRomanu - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / [Kogi State University Anyigba] Open Letter to Governor Yahaya Bello -ArjiRomanu (692 Views)

Yahaya Bello Offers Fatima Bombom Sani, Best Law Graduate 33m, Scholarship / Kogi State University, Anyigba Set To Call Off Strike / Kogi State University, Anyigba On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[Kogi State University Anyigba] Open Letter to Governor Yahaya Bello -ArjiRomanu by ClassicNG: 1:35am On Jun 25, 2016
Dear Gov Yahaya Bello,
It is with heart filled with uncertainties and bewilderment that i write this public letter to you. You may not see this, but let it be on record that i wrote it. Before i proceed, let me congratulate you on the success of your court case whice clearly endeared you in the step you took in paying the civil servants a fraction of the salaries the government owe them for the past five months. It is really a good move, and i acknowledge that.

Sir, I will like to state at this point, that you have not done too bad for a start as governor, your few months in office has recorded quite a measurable success as seen in some pointable structures and development you have put in place since your inception.But sir, your attitude in the most recent times towards the Kogi state university lecturers whom the govt owe about 5yrs allowance and 1month salary, in which you gave a threat of sack and ‘no work no pay’ to an already overbearing, hardworking(some) and sacrificing lecturers is outrightly outrageous and politically immature, disrespectful and unprofessional.
Sir, did you in any way put into consideration the acerbity of your unrifined comment, did you in any way place yourself in their shoes, did you even realise these hard workers have families to carter for? I don’t think so. Sir it is either you were wrongly adviced, or you are under the influence of unseen forces which you must invite real men of God to revoke.

Sir, if you don’t know, let me kindly give you some of the drastic effects which your action and political shenanigan has caused and will cost you,students,ksu and its environs. Firstly, this will create a dip hole on your integrity. What will people say of a governor, who is just few months old in office, won is seat after a protacted court war, allowed over two months strike in the only real working university in his state, and nw has threatened to sack the lecturers in that school and closing it up haba!
Cont…
Dear Gov Yahaya Bello

Secondly sir, did you in a minute really put into consideration, the destinies of the students of ksu and the omnious situation you are placing the lives of the students? I believe you graduated from a university, did not buy a certificate, and so you should have a crystal clear knowledge of what am talking about. Sir, what do you expect students of ksu who do not have certificates to do at home? Past experiences have disclosed some of the bizzare effect of university strike action, which includes, sexual and immoral conducts, unwanted pregnancies, forced marriages, societal malfeasance, psychological and emotional imbalance, diseases which are but a few. Do you know the students are not likely to graduates with their peers in other university? Sir, i guese you have non of your wards or relatives in that school which is common to all Nigerian politicians. This i believe is one of the obvious reasons, you did not consider your stance.
Also sir, did you consider the level of destruction, your decision will cause the image of the university. Already, ksu is not in the list of enviable universities in Nigeria, yet your recent action will take its remnants into oblivion.
Sir, did you remember kogi state is one state which is ruined in abject poverty, and kogi state university(ksu) is a basic source of income for indigenes and non indigenes within and outside the school vicinity. Why do you want to kill your own people with hunger sir, why? Why? why? Sir i say why?

Sir, i must hurt you with this unwavering truth which is that your action is unwise and will only lead to a clash of egos, that may really deviate from the main cause of the strike and thus prolong the already elongated strike.

Sir i remain on my ground, just as i have told others, that you have to revert your statement and tender an unpolitical apology to the ASUU ksu chapter with no further delay, as failure to do so will be a disaster.

Yours sincerely.
Source ClassicNG
Re: [Kogi State University Anyigba] Open Letter to Governor Yahaya Bello -ArjiRomanu by Dream369: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2016
You think that nigga cares?
Yahaya Bello doesnt care if we stayed longer than this

(1) (Reply)

20 Amazing Facts About The Human Eyes / 12 FUTA Students To Complete Undergraduate Programme At American University / Watch Nicki Minaj Sex Tape've Got To Give My Angle To All Of This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.