Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,902 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:26 PM

How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria (846 Views)

How To Start Plantain Farming In Nigeria / How To Start Intensive Cat Fish Farming / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria by Agricng: 7:12am On Jun 25, 2016
This is the Topic i will be taking Today.

HOW TO START FISH FARMING IN NIGERIA

You Must Have Some Certain Equipments Before U Start Fish Farming
1. Tank
2. Handling and Grading Equipment
3. Seine Reels
4. Pumps
5. Aeration Devices

There are Different Types Of Fish You Can Rear in Nigeria as Listed Below:
1. Cat Fish
2. Tilapia
3. Carp
4. Salmon

THERE ARE THINGS TO BE CONSIDERED BEFORE THINKING OF STARTING UP FISH FARMING

.1 Capital: The Money to Start the Business is major thing,but here in Nigeria With #50-100,000 You can Start as a beginner in Fish Farming
2. Having the Knowledge: You should Have More Understanding about Fish Farming Before Thinking of Setting Up, Fish Farming Requires extensive study of fish production techniques and cost of equipment.
3. Climatic Factor: You Should Cross-check the Weather of the area, Maybe it Will be suitable for the Species U want to rear there. Know the amount of rainfall there, So In Order Not to Affect the Fish.
4. Enviromental Hazards: You Need to Study about this due to that enviromental hazards could cause threat and give rooms to vandals Such as cats,rats,insects,snakes and birds.
5. Accessibility: You consider the how the buyers quickly have access to the fish Farm, For instance if the road is bad and it is very far from the town, it will cause Low Income
6.Knowling The type of Species(Fish): Know the Type of fish you wish to cultivate and choose the right Fish for expertise. Beginners should start with cat fish.
7. Financial Analysis: Construction designs and building, equipment lists and costs. Cost of finger rings, Land and Builing,Fuel,Drugs, Fish feed, nets and boots and availability of elctricity
8. Marketing: Check and ask maybe it hign in demand then u can sell faster
9. Registration: Make Sure u register with appropiate Bodies and Agencies.

watch out for my next topic

Source-agricng..com
Re: How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria by Agricng: 7:33am On Jun 25, 2016
agricng..co.ke/?m=1
Re: How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria by austin2all: 7:53am On Jun 25, 2016
person neva see food chop na fish e wan buy.
the hardship these days no be here o.
Re: How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria by MyNaijaNaira(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
Kudos on this thread, it is very thorough and accurate.

I've followed this thread closely and used some of the information that I learnt to progress my own project. This experience has helped me put together a detailed blog post, which I recently published on my blog. You can check it out here - How to Start Fish Farming in Nigeria

I'm sure you will find some of the answers that you are looking. Please feel free to give me your honest feedback.
Re: How To Start Fish Farming In Nigeria by mfm04622: 10:24pm On Mar 19, 2017
Copy and paste! We can't farm Salmon in Nigeria. Even if you farm it, who will buy it?

(1) (Reply)

Buyers are needed for 72% fishmeal, dl-methionine, l-lysine, vitamin c, dcp and / 1000 Crates Of Eggs Needed Per Week / Make Over 350k Every 45days Farming From Your Home!!! Traning Comes Up Soon!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.