Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 (2572 Views)

Camon Cm Or Xiaomi Note 5A Prime?which Of These Two Is Advisable I Go For? / Help Me Choose With Reasons. Tecno L9 Plus Or Camon CX Air / Gionee Marathon M5 Plus Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by jobhuntng: 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello guys. Please i am confused on which to choose between these phones above. Am a fan of Gionee, and i also like the Gionee M5 Plus, also, Gionee Service center is readily available in Lagos, which is an advantage. I also heard the Xiaomi is one crazy Phone , and it beats the Gionee in everything, but i dont want a situation whereby my phone will spoil, and it will be irreparable. Please Advice
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by jobhuntng: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2016
Advice needed please
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Adigwe1(m): 8:50pm On Jun 25, 2016
First of all gionee m5-plus is not available in Nigeria and the their branch here on Nigeria promised to release it since 3months ago but have not yet.. but some mobile outlet sell xiaomi mi5 here in Nigeria. .. And also note that mi5 comes in different variants which is 32gb 64gb whixh both ha e 3gb ram and the pro whixh is 128GB with a ram of 4gb.. the gionee m5-plus has a bigger battery and a bigger screen.. and a higher front camera that's just main difference.. So now make your choice..
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by jobhuntng: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
Adigwe1:
First of all gionee m5-plus is not available in Nigeria and the their branch here on Nigeria promised to release it since 3months ago but have not yet.. but some mobile outlet sell xiaomi mi5 here in Nigeria. .. And also note that mi5 comes in different variants which is 32gb 64gb whixh both ha e 3gb ram and the pro whixh is 128GB with a ram of 4gb.. the gionee m5-plus has a bigger battery and a bigger screen.. and a higher front camera that's just main difference.. So now make your choice..
Thanks. Actually, i am going to be buying the phone from China directly, whether Gionee or Xiaomi
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Baroba(m): 11:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
Gionee wetin, My brother if your chips are right, its an easy decision.. The Xiaomi Mi5 competes with Samsung galaxy S7 on specs, the one plus three is another worthy competitor; i.e if you like Vanilla android...

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Code45: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2016
Baroba:
Gionee wetin, My brother if your chips are right, its an easy decision.. The Xiaomi Mi5 competes with Samsung galaxy S7 on specs, the one plus three is another worthy competitor; i.e if you like Vanilla android...
What you mean by the bolded?
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by dubxy(m): 4:33am On Jun 26, 2016
Buy MI5
I bet u won't regret
I will still chose MI5 over samsung S7 cos of its user interface
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Baroba(m): 6:21am On Jun 26, 2016
Code45:
What you mean by the bolded?

It means pure android just the way google intended, no skin interface / overlay such as tochwiz from Samsung, MIUI from Xiaomi, Sense from HTC.. Nexus phones made by google comes with pure google software.. It means you get faster updates anytime google releases its latest and greatest straight from them, no waiting for custom ROMs or any of that ish..

Some people find pure android boring, because its bare bone, then again, geeks will tell you skins bloats up phones, buggy and actually slows them down and hinders performance.. That might have been the case few years ago, but with more powerful hardware and skins optimization getting better from these companies, its not a problem as in the past, especially in most high end devices.
The Mi5 is getting great reviews online ( check techradar) am even tempted, but my wife will kill me if I buy another phone.. lol
Hope that helps...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Youngzedd(m): 7:11am On Jun 26, 2016
Gionee

Mi5 worth the doll.

But it seems you want mid range phone. Why listing Mi5 with those two.
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by yusasiv(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2016
jobhuntng:

Thanks. Actually, i am going to be buying the phone from China directly, whether Gionee or Xiaomi

Please which site would u get it from and what about the shipping? Does the site have cubot dinosaur in stock?
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Code45: 11:41am On Jun 26, 2016
Baroba:

It means pure android just the way google intended, no skin interface / overlay such as tochwiz from Samsung, MIUI from Xiaomi, Sense from HTC.. Nexus phones made by google comes with pure google software.. It means you get faster updates anytime google releases its latest and greatest straight from them, no waiting for custom ROMs or any of that ish..

Some people find pure android boring, because its bare bone, then again, geeks will tell you skins bloats up phones, buggy and actually slows them down and hinders performance.. That might have been the case few years ago, but with more powerful hardware and skins optimization getting better from these companies, its not a problem as in the past, especially in most high end devices.
The Mi5 is getting great reviews online ( check techradar) am even tempted, but my wife will kill me if I buy another phone.. lol
Hope that helps...

I know what pure android is, but never knew that's what you mean.

Thank you for your PURE explanation. Lol
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Naijji: 11:57am On Jun 26, 2016
Wetin concern Xiaomi Mi5 with Gionee M5 Plus? They're not in the same class na. Haba
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by jobhuntng: 1:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Naijji:
Wetin concern Xiaomi Mi5 with Gionee M5 Plus? They're not in the same class na. Haba

They are almost same price..And I trust Gionee cos of their service center
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Baroba(m): 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2016
Code45:

I know what pure android is, but never knew that's what you mean.

Thank you for your PURE explanation. Lol

No shakes,we are all learning.. some call it stock, some vanilla, others pure. Whatever floats your boat..
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Naijji: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2016
jobhuntng:

Xiaomi, just like OnePlus, Asus, UMi and some other Chinese brands are all about undercutting their competitors on price. Gionee doesn't really compete on price. Their phones are actually overpriced, that's why they don't sell that much phones.

The soc on the Mi5 (Snapdragon 820) is at the very top of the smartphone world, and it's like 10 times better than that on the M5 Plus.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Youngzedd(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2016
jobhuntng:

What's the price of M5 plus?
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by Naijji: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2016
jobhuntng:

The whole essence of Xiaomi, just like OnePlus, Asus, UMi and some others, is to undercut the competition by selling with very little profit margin. That their phones are comparable to others in terms of price doesn't necessarily mean they're comparable in terms of quality also.

You should also note that Gionee phones are notoriously overpriced - at least as compared to other Chinese brands. This is why Gionee is not one of the top phone brands in the world.
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by michelism(m): 12:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=Naijji post=46985925]
The whole essence of Xiaomi, just like OnePlus, Asus, UMi and some others, is to undercut the competition by selling with very little profit margin. That their phones are comparable to others in terms of price doesn't necessarily mean they're comparable in terms of quality also.
You should also note that Gionee phones are notoriously overpriced - at least as compared to other Chinese brands. This is why Gionee is not one of the top phone brands in the world. [/quote]

Gionee offers quality considering the pricing. Of all the Chinese manufacturers you mentioned above, can you name one of their phones in the region of #47,000 - #50,000 that offers what Gionee S plus brings to the table both in specs and user experience?
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by KuliMart: 7:08am On Jun 30, 2016
michelism:
Gionee offers quality considering the pricing. Of all the Chinese manufacturers you mentioned above, can you name one of their phones in the region of #47,000 - #50,000 that offers what Gionee S plus brings to the table both in specs and user experience?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (Uses MTK Helio X10 chipset)

Xiaomi Redmi 3 etc.
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by abogjohn(m): 8:34am On Jun 30, 2016
KuliMart:

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (Uses MTK Helio X10 chipset)

Xiaomi Redmi 3 etc.
hey guy, these phones you mentioned are not priced at that 47k, or am I seeing double on ur site ni?
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by KuliMart: 10:19am On Jun 30, 2016
abogjohn:
hey guy, these phones you mentioned are not priced at that 47k, or am I seeing double on ur site ni?

Redmi 3 is 50k with tempered glass and case. FREE SHIPPING

Normal Redmi note 2 is 50k What we have in stock is the prime version which is 56k.
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by malton: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2016
KuliMart:

Redmi 3 is 50k with tempered glass and case. FREE SHIPPING

Normal Redmi note 2 is 50k What we have in stock is the prime version which is 56k.

Do you have the one plus 3?
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by mosjames: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2016
Let your pocket decide for you embarassed
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by KuliMart: 7:40pm On Jun 30, 2016
malton:

Do you have the one plus 3?

Not in stock. We can get it on pre-order for you.

Contact us, check our website contact us page for details.
Re: Please Advice On Phone To Buy: Gionee M5 Plus Or Xiaomi Mi5 Or Mi4 by malton: 7:44pm On Jun 30, 2016
KuliMart:

Not in stock. We can get it on pre-order for you.

Contact us, check our website contact us page for details.
How much will it cost?

(1) (Reply)

I Am Leaving Glo, But Confuse Between Etisalat & Airtel Network / 5 Best Android Apps For Graphic Designers / Itel Mobile Set To Announce A New Power Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.