Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Gums Bleeding While Brushing - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Gums Bleeding While Brushing (6677 Views)

11 Mistakes To Avoid While Brushing Teeth / Nigeria Sets Tooth-Brushing World Record / Are Dark Gums Sings Of Infection And Bad Oral Hygiene? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gums Bleeding While Brushing by call4shola(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2009
I often bleed from my gums while brushing, especially if i do not brush at nite b4 going to bed, wat could be the cause, i hope its not defficiency from some vitamins?. Pleeease some one shuld help my life here. I don taya,
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by candylips(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2009
eyahh sorry o cheesy
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by iice(f): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
Could be low on the vit. c
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by tiana85(f): 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2009
take vitamin b complex and lots of fruits. also check ur toothpaste, people sometimes react to certain toothpastes especially herbal ones
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 05, 2009
do u use hard brush? do u brush ur gums hard? ask urself those q!
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by call4shola(m): 5:27pm On Sep 07, 2009
Thanx all that contributed,
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by xxcarolxx(f): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
Its gum disease, make sure to floss your teeth daily to get rid of the food that can build up between your teeth. Brush your teeth after every meal and also use a mouth wash for bleeding gums. Cordsoyl is the name of one which is good for stopping your gums bleed.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by calyx: 6:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
Its gum disease, make sure to floss your teeth daily to get rid of the food that can build up between your teeth. Brush your teeth after every meal and also use a mouth wash for bleeding gums. Cordsoyl is the name of one which is good for stopping your gums bleed.

Yea its a gum disease. I had this issue for a while until i became worried that i could have a mouth odour if not properly checked. I went to Luth dental clinic and they performed a minor surgery on my gums and prescribed some drugs. Well of course it worked and am fine today
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by akigbemaru: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2009
Check your brush and buy the quality ones.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by oge4real(f): 7:12pm On Sep 07, 2009
See a dentist to examine for gingivitis.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by 9ja007: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
xxxGums Bleeding While Brushingxxx
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by koolchicco: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Poster

When was the last time you ate Paw-Paw!!!  lipsrsealed
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Remii(m): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2009
You have what Yoruba call "Yoro" (yawraw) (do do), lol
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Remii(m): 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
You have what Yoruba call "Yoro" (yawraw) (do do), gingivitis, lol
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by slimes(m): 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2009
It must be a painful experience. As one who has experienced such b4, I would advice you reduce your sugar intake- those sugary foods. Please also take a lot of almost ripe oranges, it helps and steps up on antibiotics. U can get it naturally from scent leaves. I advise you to blend it and filter the extract. It should be taken as when needed bt not too often cos it may also be a stomach flush.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by THEAMAKA(f): 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2009
you need to floss and thats all i can tell you.
do they have dental floss where you can get some?

well basically the mild stage of gum disease is gingivitis (i think i spelled it right?) and with flossing you can reverse it and get your gums healthy and back to normal.
periodontal disease is the second stage of gum disease, its a little more of something to worry about and if not taken care of now, it can get out of hand, so PLEASE FLOSS.
and the worst is just FULL BLOWN GUM DISEASE! it can also result in tooth loss, so if you want to keep your teeth PLEASE start flossing now.
ill just recommend you to see a dentist, you need one.
but thanks if i was any help at all.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Donvilo(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2009
The only thing that I know that causes this is the hardness of the brush.
Like what xxcarolxx says, guess another prob might be the disease issue. Eat plenty of fruits, use soft brushes and take vitamins (could be drugs or any other thing) see ur dentist for more inquiries. wink

1 Like

Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by naylove(m): 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
perhaps u dont brush regularly
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ poster its definitely the way u brush.if u are subtle about it you would not bleed.however when u say bleed to u mean profusely,cos that would be another issue.i occasionally experience same,when i brush i see blood stains on my brush,but i know its cos i brush my teeth forcefully most times when i am in a rush to go somewere.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Finecat(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Poster

That is what you get for licking the wrong Toto!! Yeye boy.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by illusion2: 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2009
Just visit the dentist na. . . . . .duh undecided!
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by darmilorla(f): 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2009
lol@finecat
@poster, sory o, just go see a dentist, it could aslo b as a result of using hard brush or might b cos u've got a sensitive gum.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by daddyk1: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2009
@FINECAT
MI THINK you should have your "BRAIN" CHECKED
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
In short you are a victim of scurvy tongue tongue
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by realcele: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2009
It is not lack of any vitamins you are better off seing a dentist. I know someone with the same issue and on getting to uk he was given an injection and that solve the issue permanently.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by MrCrackles(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
Poster
Just get yourself a false denture. . .
Your natural ones are rotten and no amount of toothpaste will resolve the situation
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by nana(f): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2009
MrCrackles:

Poster
Just get yourself a false denture. . .
Your natural ones are rotten and no amount of toothpaste will resolve the situation

grin
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by rickie4us(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2009
maybe it is your kissing habit , you can review that too , grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by brtaiwo(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2009
you can use herbal toothpaste
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by oyinda3(f): 10:41pm On Sep 07, 2009
call4shola:

I often bleed from my gums while brushing, especially if i do not brush at nite b4 going to bed, wat could be the cause, i hope its not defficiency from some vitamins?. Pleeease some one shuld help my life here. I don taya,

when did it start? how often do you bleed? how often do you brush? etc
u seem to be taking good care of your teeth since you brush b4 going to bed and ( i'm guessing) in the morning, so maybe you're brushing too hard. change your toothpaste to a soft bristle one and get a flouride toothpaste if you don't already. and if it's due to a gum problem, try flossing. you will bleed a little at first but once you start flossing regularly you'll be fine.

ultimately, you should see a dentist.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Abeem(m): 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
THE AMAKA:

you need to floss and thats all i can tell you.
do they have dental floss where you can get some?

Flossing is not part of many a Naija's routine after eating or before going to bed. I am not saying this just to disparage my people but that is the plain truth. I also don't attach any premium to it until I reached the US. And I quite understand where the misconception comes from. If you can't afford one square meal a day, that should be the least of your worries. But there is a nexus between good dental hygene and cardio-vascular health. Doctors says visiting the dentist regularly can help reduce or mitigate the risk of heart disease/failure.
Re: Gums Bleeding While Brushing by Finecat(m): 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2009
rickie4us:

maybe it is your kissing habit , you can review that too , grin grin grin grin grin

No mind the guy, i bet he was warned when he was licking an expired Toto but he won't listen! Now he dey groan like a sissy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Apply Starch To A Shirt Using Cold Water Starch: Tips / Best Way To Attack Common Cold, Flu, Cough And Cattarh / Why Do You Smoke?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.