Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode (17265 Views)

Lagos Generated N503.7bn In 2017 Despite Harsh Economy – Ambode / Reno Omokri: Buhari And Trump Call Will Boost US/Nigeria Relations / Ambode: $2.6bn Badagry Deep Sea Project Will Boost Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by fulanimafia: 9:01am On Jun 26, 2016
hmohammed:
Hope the SS are learning from this. It would have been better and profitable for Dangote to locate this facility in the SS, but he knows that one day, they will wake up to blow up is facility for selfish reasons.
Smart decision there from Dangote

In his own words...

MisterMetro:
On his part, Alhaji Dangote said the decision to site the projects in Lagos was due to the investment friendly climate in the State.
"Lagos is one State that is very investor friendly and the Governor himself has always been asking what are the issues and he normally put in place steps to resolve those issues immediately,” he said.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by princemillla(m): 9:06am On Jun 26, 2016
I Don dey prepare my cv self
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Codes151(m): 9:13am On Jun 26, 2016
fulanimafia:
The timing of the launch is just too convenient.

With Ambode, Osibanjo et al. being linked to this groundbreaking initiative that will not just permanently end fuel scarcity in Nigeria and crash the prices of PMS significantly due to sufficient supply, but will also earn Forex which will improve the health of the Naira through increased FX inflow; the 2019 APC campaign will be a piece of cake.

This plant will create 150,000 direct jobs and 100,000 indirect jobs for Lagosians and other Nigerians, just as Lagos's rice plants in Kebbi State is also forecasted to create thousands of jobs for northerners. Furthermore still, these efforts are cementing the economic diversification drive of this government, and its absolutely joyful that not a single crude pipeline would be laid from the Niger Delta who will increasingly become irrelevant if they refuse to partake in this revolution and prefer to continue constituting a national nuisance.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Nigeria's glory years beckon; thanks to the Fulani entrepreneurial powerhouse called Aliko Dangote.

God bless Nigeria.

And ur sure this will help solve some of the lack of jobs n empowerment of youths n development in the ND areas! Great!
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by fulanimafia: 9:15am On Jun 26, 2016
Codes151:

And ur sure this will help solve some of the lack of jobs n empowerment of youths n development in the ND areas! Great!

Can you explain a bit clearer? Not sure I understand your point.
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 26, 2016
MisterMetro:
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Saturday said that the refinery, petrochemical, gas and fertilizer projects being undertaken by Africa's richest man and business mogul, Aliko Dangote at the Lekki Free Zone (LFZ) in Lagos would significantly boost the economy of Lagos and Nigeria in general.

Governor Ambode who spoke to newsmen shortly after an extensive inspection tour of the projects by the Nigeria's Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo and some members of the Federal Executive Council, said the projects would have great multiplier effects on the nation's economy.

He said, "Firstly, there is a refinery project that is ongoing, second there is a petrochemical project that is also ongoing. There is pipeline transfer project that brings gas from Bonny down to Olokonla and down to Lekki and then the fourth one is the fertilizer project all in one location."

He said the projects would also be critical to the economic growth of the Lagos East and West Senatorial Districts which according to him, will be open to massive investment opportunities on completion.

Governor Ambode said the decision of the Vice President to lead the inspection visit to the projects was a signpost to the benefits inherent not just for the State but to the nation.

He assured that his administration would provide the necessary support to ensure that the projects are completed within schedule.

"The coming of the Vice President to inspect this project is instructive and a sign post that the Federal Government is in support of what is going on us and the truth is this, we might not be able to show you all that is going on here but in another few weeks, we will do an aerial view of this project and also do a documentary because for the very first time we are going to have a Petrochemical project that is coming on stream by December 2017; a Refinery that is coming on stream by the first quarter of 2019 and also the Gas project that is coming on stream by 2018. You can just imagine or visualize what that means to the economy of Lagos," Governor Ambode said.

He added that apart from the 135,000 direct jobs that will be created from the projects, another 100,000 indirect jobs would be generated while income accruable to the Federal Government would be in the region of over $500million in three years.

"It is important that we understand the debt of what has happened here and also use it as a platform to encourage other investors that Lagos is on the rise and the future of Lagos is very bright," the Governor said.

Osinbajo, while addressing newsmen after a project briefing at the LFZ, said the project as a whole is an incredible industrial undertaken being the largest and the most ambitious in Africa.

The Vice President who was accompanied on the inspection by the Ministers for Finance, Kemi Adeosun; Solid Minerals, Dr. Kayode Fayemi and Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola and Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah, said the Gas Project upon completion has the capacity to produce about three billion cubic feet of gas daily, which would permanently address the two billion cubic feet daily gas required to power the country.

"This is incredible if that can be done because it would be a major strategic asset for Nigeria, It would boost our power supply tremendously," the Vice President said.

On his part, Alhaji Dangote said the decision to site the projects in Lagos was due to the investment friendly climate in the State.

"Lagos is one State that is very investor friendly and the Governor himself has always been asking what are the issues and he normally put in place steps to resolve those issues immediately,” he said.

He said the Gas Pipeline Project would guarantee uninterrupted power supply in Lagos on completion, which he said would also positively increase the State's Gross Domestic Project (GDP).

Dangote further said the projects would also attract other bigger investors into the Zone.

He also said the projects would benefit the local communities as at least 65 per cent of people in the catchment area would be employed, while over 1000 would be trained.

"Our target is that in the next five years or so from now, we hope and we believe that half of Nigeria's crude will be refined and exported rather than just exporting crude to go and create jobs elsewhere," Dangote said.

SIGNED
HABIB ARUNA
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY
JUNE 25, 2016

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/dangote-lekki-refinery-will-boost.html

Does the company belong to Nigeria or does it belong to Dangote?
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by citygarden(m): 9:17am On Jun 26, 2016
Don't wait to buy, buy and wait

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by lastpage: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2016
mccoy47:
Niger delta militants see ur life?

I tell you!

they should lear from their Brothers down South West.

if you turn your region into a disaster zone, a war zone, at the prompting of IPAD......... na you go suffer-am pass.

Eko o'ni baje!

Lastpage!

BTW: I dont like all major, national industries in the hands of individual.... for security reasons.
what if Dangotte decides to "hold us hostage", one day?

9 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Okay we are waiting to see how far its gon boost the economy...with the state nigeria is now?
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by lastpage: 9:24am On Jun 26, 2016
pepigeorge:

SW always profiting from every region in power.. Wayo dey pay them sha...
I wonder were the refinery will get its crude from..
hope nor be pipelines to the so call unsave Niger delta

Why you dey wonder ... dont you know that Lagos and Ondo has Crude deposits that is currently being tapped?

E go do NDA like film! undecided undecided

BTW: hear say dem NDA peeps say they want to launch Missile in Lagos (again) on July 2nd?

If l nor see the Missile dis time, l go swear for them!

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 26, 2016
That girl Kemi Adeosun sef. Why is she always looking "shy"?
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by kenchizzy(m): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2016
Will the crude oil come from heaven? angryhope is not militant oil:|and by the way southwest only have cocoa.Can cocoa turn into crude oil:pvisionless refinery.
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by 989900: 9:48am On Jun 26, 2016
lastpage:

I tell you!

they should lear from their Brothers down South West.

if you turn your region into a disaster zone, a war zone, at the prompting of IPAD......... na you go suffer-am pass.

Eko o'ni baje!

Lastpage!

BTW: I dont like all major, national industries in the hands of individual.... for security reasons.
what if Dangotte decides to "hold us hostage", one day?

1. It is a public company.

2. No one can actually mess with the government if the government is not compromised.

3. He has serious competition coming up too (NNPC refineries are going to the 'majors' in a PPP), some still a bit far behind though (New refineries are in the pipelines in the SE and SW).

4. His cement enterprise for example, has helped the cement industry in Nigeria with almost eliminating imports . . . though we could argue he has been bullish and monopolistic with the help of the gov't, but we're seeing more robust competition lately, and th eprice of cement less than N1,200, if the Naira where still N120-N155 to a dollar, I bet the prices could actually be less than N750/50KG bag.

I think this move should usher in a new wave of refinery and gas plants.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 10:05am On Jun 26, 2016
Generations unborn will never forgive Gov Mimiko for his political selfishness by disallowing this laudable and gigantic refinery project to be sited in Ondo State which was eventually taken to Lagos State.

10 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by dionpholly(m): 10:06am On Jun 26, 2016
Dimeji Bankole, Iyabo Obasanjo and her father Una don see ur life, u wey be say na other countries u go open refineries,kudos to u Mr Aliko

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by shamecurls(m): 10:33am On Jun 26, 2016
I wish NDA can blow up all the oil installations, refinery and flow stations in the SS and SE as this will propel there grievance and bring more investment to the West and North.

grin

#TeamAvengersMustBlowUpEverything

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Earth2Metahuman: 10:44am On Jun 26, 2016
Fit2Rule:
That girl Kemi Adeosun sef. Why is she always looking "shy"?
I thought I was the only one that noticed..

That shy look always turns me on grin
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by TomLepskie(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2016
Good news but what happened to the modular refineries that they promised us. They said about three modular refineries were coming onboard, where are they? Modular refineries can create jobs too, liberalize the sector, bring about competition and force the fuel price down, there's more to woos that are befalling this country, i think there are some factors, sections and interests that are considered before considering the economy and the people of Nigeria. This is a welcomed development anyway, it's better late than never. A sincere govt can turn this country into a second world country in eight yrs but i don't see this APC that i voted for doing it. Nonetheless no regrets.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by 2sexycom(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Ayomidegbenga1:
Generations unborn will never forgive Gov Mimiko for his political selfishness by disallowing this laudable and gigantic refinery project to be sited in Ondo State which was eventually taken to Lagos State.
ehen... I became confused on hearing Lagos refinery cos at the initial stage, it was supposed to be in Ondo. So the governor declined/refused to allow it? ah, That's bad, very bad.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Abukc(m): 11:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Good news to eleko peple,also ibejulekki,laGos anD africa as whole.
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Waiter44: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2016
grin 9ice
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by aloeman15(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2016
Someone said it's a public company, lol.
Dangote don turn govt employee abi?
He will export his petroleum products to nigeria and we'll pay him in dollars.
So anyone expecting our import bill- and hence our forex spend on petrol- to end is...
Well, wait and see.
Meanwhile, whose job is it to regulate refinery pollutants?
I know the us has the epa, but who does ours? I ask because you only have to google 'refinery pollutants' to see all sorts of horror stories.
And we all know that govt can't be trusted to do proper monitoring and regulations.
EBK2:

Does the company belong to Nigeria or does it belong to Dangote?
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by Deepfreezer(m): 11:52am On Jun 26, 2016
Wish the refinery starts working tomorrow so this people can leave is alone.
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by peter1994(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
ednut1:
Land for Eleko near d refinery goes for 500k to 1.2m . Make i go buy 50 plots grin. Imagine how much e go worth in year 2020. Pipeline from bonny nawa o. Militants still fit bomb am. God forbid sha

No sir, Majority of the pipelines would be buried in the bed of the sea, because it is being routed through the sea
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by 2ts: 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Is Gov. AMBODE and Hon. Minister Fashola in talking terms? I dont think i have ever seen the two of them by each other. Bobo Fash is always laid back.

Make una atleast shake hands over a bottle of beer naah. Life goes on
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by peter1994(m): 2:45pm On Jun 26, 2016
aloeman15:
Someone said it's a public company, lol.
Dangote don turn govt employee abi?
He will export his petroleum products to nigeria and we'll pay him in dollars.
So anyone expecting our import bill- and hence our forex spend on petrol- to end is...
Well, wait and see.
Meanwhile, whose job is it to regulate refinery pollutants?
I know the us has the epa, but who does ours? I ask because you only have to google 'refinery pollutants' to see all sorts of horror stories.
And we all know that govt can't be trusted to do proper monitoring and regulations.

He said it himself in an interview with Algezeera that selling the refined fuel will save Nigeria from wasting forex on fuel import, and also it will fetch Nigeria More Dollars when the excess are being exported
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by tollyboy5(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
NICE DEVELOPMENT! GOD BLESS LAGOSIANS,NAIRALANDERS & NIGERIA. OMO EPE NI MI INCASE U DON'T KNOW grin
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by adebayosun02: 6:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
ednut1:
Land for Eleko near d refinery goes for 500k to 1.2m . Make i go buy 50 plots grin. Imagine how much e go worth in year 2020. Pipeline from bonny nawa o. Militants still fit bomb am. God forbid sha
I am a Surveyor with active practice in Lagos (and other state within Nigeria), Nigeria.
Please be informed that gazzatted Land @ that Axis cost say minimum of 1.2milion
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by adebayosun02: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
I am a qualified Land Surveyor with active practice in Lagos and other states. Am reaching out to prospective investors to reach me for genuine land; gazatted land (land free from govt. Acquisition), land with NO Omo onile problem, dry & up land for commercials & residential purposes (Estates development Inclusive). Also availale are swampy land for commercials like fish pond and other related uses. All @ a friendly price. Our land are currently located @ Igando Orudu Vill, Oshoroko village, Origanrigan (1 & 2) village to mansion in view

More so, you can reach me for guinue surveys for either family land or personal plots.

My contact:
08036484610 (calls & whatsapp inclusive)
adebayosun02@gmail.com
Sunday Oridokun
(Pupil Surveyor)

Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by ednut1(m): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
adebayosun02:

I am a Surveyor with active practice in Ibeju Lekki Axis.
Please be informed that gazzatted Land @ that Axis cost say minimum of 1.2milion
there is onee west point estate phase 3. Advertising plot of land 500k at eleko. Abi dem no real ni
Re: Dangote Lekki Refinery Will Boost Nigeria Economy- Ambode by adebayosun02: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2016
ednut1:
there is onee west point estate phase 3. Advertising plot of land 500k at eleko. Abi dem no real ni
Just b care full about the land, it could b an ungazzated land. Consult a qualified surveyor to carry out/ conduct a test survey for you on this land or any other land before you pay ur money for such land. Thank U

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello: I Will Perform Better In Second Term If Given / Garba Shehu Hits David Piling Of London Financial Times / ‘Don’t Despair Over Osun, Victory Awaits Tinubu In 2023’ - Support Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.