Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons (16112 Views)

Two More Judges Arrested As DSS Freezes Accounts / EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Dumebi Kachikwu - Sahara Reporters / EFCC Freezes Femi Fani-kayode’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by enuelsmith: 2:49am On Jun 26, 2016
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has frozen five bank accounts traced to a former Deputy Governor of Osun State, Senator Iyiola Omisore, and the two sons of a former Minister of State of Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro.

The EFCC, it was learnt, froze the accounts as part of investigations into the N4.7bn diverted from the imprest account of the Office of the National Security Adviser under the leadership of the former NSA, Lt. Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.).

The accounts frozen by the anti-graft agency include Sylvan McNamara (number 0026223714 with Diamond Bank); Sawanara Limited with First Bank; Fimex Gilt Limited with the United Bank for Africa; and Metropolitan Consortium with First Bank.

The PUNCH had reported last week that Sylvan McNamara, a company at which Obanikoro’s two sons- Gbolahan and Babajide – were directors, received N4.7bn from the ONSA in 2014.

About N1.3bn was said to have been transferred to Omisore.

A detective at the anti-graft agency explained, “On July 9, 2014, N150m was paid into the account of Sawanara with First Bank. On August 1, 2014, N300m was paid to Sawanara Limited.

“On August 8, 2014, about N160m was paid into the account of Fimex Gilt Limited domiciled with UBA. On the day of the election, August 9, 2014, N350m was paid into the First Bank account of Metropolitan Consortium. All the accounts were linked to Omisore ahead of the August 2014 governorship election in Osun State.”

Omisore, who has since been declared wanted by the anti-graft agency, allegedly received the funds in four tranches from Sylvan McNamara between July and August 2014, a few weeks before the Osun State governorship election which he lost.

A document detailing the transaction showed that the money was paid into three company accounts allegedly belonging to Omisore.

The former deputy governor had, however, denied any wrongdoing and had since sued the EFCC for defamation.

Meanwhile, the anti-graft agency has launched a manhunt for Abiodun Agbele, an associate of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State.

According to the EFCC, Agbele received N1, 219,490,000 from Obanikoro on behalf of Fayose.

The money was said to have been flown to the Akure Airport and then conveyed to Zenith Bank.

According to five Zenith Bank deposit slips made available to our correspondent, Agbele made deposits of over N900m into his personal accounts and that of Fayose.

On June 26, 2014, Agbele made a deposit of N137m into a Zenith Bank account with account number 1003126654 belonging to Ayodele Fayose with teller number 0556814.

On June 17, 2014, Agbele also made a deposit of N100m into account number 1010170969 belonging to Spotless Investment Limited, a company owned by Fayose and his wife, Feyisetan.

On June 18, 2014, Agbele made another deposit of N219,490,000 into the account of De Privateer Limited with account number 1013835889. The company allegedly belongs to Agbele. On June 19, 2014, he also made a deposit of N300m into the same account while a third deposit of N200m was made into the same account on June 23, 2014.

The EFCC said, “Agbele is an associate of Fayose. We are currently looking for him because he has a lot of explanations to make. He held some of the money in trust for Fayose.”

In his reaction, Fayose admitted that Agbele was a trusted friend who paid money into his account. He, however, maintained that the money came from the management of Zenith Bank and private donations.

He said, “The management of Zenith Bank, which mainly funded my election, called me to a meeting where I was assured that the fund would be provided for my election. I was asked to nominate a trusted ally to be related with and I nominated Mr. Abiodun Agbele.

“All the payments into Abiodun Agbele’s account domiciled in Zenith Bank were directly from Zenith Bank. In actual fact, the account was opened by Zenith Bank hurriedly at that time and Abiodun Agbele’s identity card, which ought to have been collected before the account was opened, was only collected last week in the bank’s desperation to perfect the account obviously after submitting to the intimidation and harassment of the EFCC.

“Most of the funds posted into Agbele’s account were through the Ibadan, Akure and Lagos branches of the Zenith Bank and, sometimes, they brought cash.”

Agbele’s account with Zenith Bank has since been frozen by the EFCC as well as those of Fayose and his company.

http://punchng.com/n4-7bn-fraud-efcc-freezes-accounts-linked-omisore-obanikoros-sons-2/

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by easymanofdpeopl(m): 4:03am On Jun 26, 2016
where is the source
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 26, 2016
The hustle is real o. And the list keeps piling up. Sai Bubu

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Liberty90: 4:14am On Jun 26, 2016
APC and selective prosecution. How did APC fund Buhari's campaign? The money in millions of dollars come from heaven abi?

26 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by DrRasheed: 4:31am On Jun 26, 2016
Nice development, fighting corruption at federal level only is not a way out

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Tunechi1(m): 5:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Issokay
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by DaBullIT(m): 7:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Is it me or is the mad dog magically sane again ??

Not a single attack from Fayose in the past few days ? Nna meeen , wonders shall never end o

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by ccwizard: 8:03am On Jun 26, 2016
Now its no longer from 2.1 billions dollars arms fund. It is impress from the office of the NSA. Gradually the truth will be revealed.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by SUBWAY101(m): 8:04am On Jun 26, 2016
Liberty90:
APC and selective prosecution. How did APC fund Buhari's campaign? The money in millions of dollars come from heaven abi?

Enemy of Nigera, Arms fund is not campaign funds. No one dare probe campaign funds of a party, the probe is for the arms fund shared by your paymasters.

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Brainy007: 8:09am On Jun 26, 2016
Billions billions billions.....Ha! God is too patient.

They could even make heaven embarassed

I can't question Him though lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by veekid(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2016
Wahala dey; I think this is what buhari is on for?
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by idris4r83(m): 8:10am On Jun 26, 2016
Sweet news
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by kenbee(f): 8:11am On Jun 26, 2016
victimization continues

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by shamecurls(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2016
God bless Buhari

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by oyetunder(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2016
I think one can now conclude that there are some online agents being sponsored to rubbish and categorise any story about those who gallantly robbed our country as fables or victimisation. Imagine, any news about those who shamelessly stole are greeted by some online 'Judas' as victimisation and selective justice. Who are such people defending? Surely, it is a case of a slave who had fallen deeply in love with his owner, even like a ram gladly following its killer to the slab. Even in advanced climes, all the thieves cannot be arrested, but those the society are lucky to arrest cannot be defending themselves based on the fact that some fellow thieves are roaming free- that would be the zenith of stupidity. How I wished PDP had selectively arrested the APC thieves when they were in power, at least, Buhari would have completed the task now by arresting the thieves from their own side. Why defending any national thief why we are all in this mess? And to those eager to celebrate the failure of buhari, what will they gain but further suffering and hardship? Poverty/power failure/unemployment among others have no respect for tribe, age, religion or political affiliation.

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by osahonmk(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2016
I will comment after service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by gen2briz(m): 8:14am On Jun 26, 2016
This freezer thing
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2016
G
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 26, 2016
EFCC- Turning looters accounts to Ice since 2015.
Come and see people whose commonwealth were looted without getting a dime shouting witch-hunt.

All I know is EFCC cannot witch hunt you if you are not a witch.
Any nairalander whose account has been unduly frozen by EFCC should raise alarm here.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by InfomejobsN: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2016
For looters, its pay back session

Check my Signature for Latest Job Info

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by crazygod(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2016
Conflicting stories everyday
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by tmtech: 8:17am On Jun 26, 2016
I kinda beliv dis obanikoro news cos I remember vividly during election, he was here Nd humm, money was spent.. more so, he was close to gej like hair on d head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by dammytosh: 8:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Liberty90:

Repeating same question like a cracked CD.

"WITCHIE WITCHIE WITCHIE HUNTIE"

Print out APC account too and trace to federal govt then we can av a conversation.

Till then keep quiet and let's deal with those caught.

I am not tired of explaining. I pray you can read my submission when another Dj Wailer was scratching WITCHIE WITCHIE huntttt hunt

dammytosh:

You are getting it upside down.

Nobody was interested in where they got money for election.

What they were interested is 2.1Billion Dollars arms money was allegedly shared.

The money was traced and all beneficiaries claimed it was given to them for PDP election.

Where Buhari got his money for election from can be investigated and findings published. If not by this Govt but by the next Govt.

Buhari and all his cabinet should be jailed if found wanting.

That has not justified why the current rogues the money was traced to should not be prosecuted.

As for Obasanjo who was a PDP President, RIBADU a PDP EFCC Chairman currently a CARD carrying PDP member. When they went after stolen money, it was traced majorly to PDP members.

Not saying APC members are not thieves but i am not suprised if the major thieves with concrete evidence traced to curently are still PDP Members.

It is like trying to trace money stolen by Fashola and Tinubu's govt and you are expecting the thieves to be PDP. He does not make sense. So if everytin points to APC will they expect us to scream witch hunt too ?

That is simply logical.

My take is that we prosecute the thieves caught now, and deal with others when their cup is full.

Saying LEAVE HIM ALONE does not make any sense to me.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by yekparikpa(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2016
Nigerians are suffering! Nigerians are hungry! Fighting corruption selectively ain't the only reason they voted APC into power.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 26, 2016
Political Thief Thief, freeze their account and dem self

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Lilprincey(m): 8:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Corruption in Nigeria is like Reggae no one can stop it. But God will help us...
Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by Saheed9: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Fayose with teller number 0556814.
On June 17, 2014, Agbele also made a deposit of N100m into account number 1010170969 belonging to Spotless Investment Limited, a company owned by Fayose and his wife, Feyisetan.

spotless indeed.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by ibkgab001: 8:22am On Jun 26, 2016
Please why freeze is now treading with EFCC

Abi no be that half cast wey don cast for broadcasting corporation they answer freeze

Anyway account confirmed .. They must hear am

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Freezes Accounts Of Omisore, Obanikoro’s Sons by buoye1(m): 8:23am On Jun 26, 2016
Revelations here and there...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila Gives Out CCTV Cameras To Surulere Constituents (Photos) / 2019 Elections: APC Fires Tunde Bakare Over Scathing Attack On Buhari / UNGA74: President Buhari Addressing UN Today (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.