Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands (729 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" / Tony Anenih's Daughter Owns The Apartment Raided By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Owns The $50m Found In Ikoyi By EFCC – Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by academics1: 9:10am On Jun 26, 2016
i was with a lawyer the other day for my c of o, and he made me understand that government owns all the lands in nigeria and that government does not sell land to anybody but leases it out for you to occupy for a period of 100 years after which the lease may be renewed.

bring this to the grazing bill matter. government wants to establish grazing reserve for whatever for herdsmen. and some people are saying they can not do that. that the herdsmen must buy the land if the want it.

my question is; if government owns all the land, does it not have the right to do whatever it wants with it?

if you don't want fulanis to occupy your land for grazing, why not go into cattle rearing business?

why all these noise about grazing bill?
Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by dikeigbo2(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2016
academics1:
i was with a lawyer the other day for my c of o, and he made me understand that government owns all the lands in nigeria and that government does not sell land to anybody but leases it out for you to occupy for a period of 100 years after which the lease may be renewed.

bring this to the grazing bill matter. government wants to establish grazing reserve for whatever for herdsmen. and some people are saying they can not do that. that the herdsmen must buy the land if the want it.

my question is; if government owns all the land, does it not have the right to do whatever it wants with it?

if you don't want fulanis to occupy your land for grazing, why not go into cattle rearing business?

why all these noise about grazing bill?

You are in a better position to answer the question bro.
Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by Psylas(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2016
the most stupid thread i have ever opened

Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by Aegon(m): 9:46am On Jun 26, 2016
You presume too much.

From your analysis you assume that the agenda of the government is hell bent to give land to the Fulani.

From your analysis you assume that the government different form the people but the flaw here is that we practice a democracy where the government is made up of people from the PEOPLE.

Also don't you think it will be a grave injustice to take away farmland from all the other over 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria in order to satisfy the ethnic practice of one?

You advise people to go into cattle rearing against their traditional agricultural practice in order to preserve their ancestral land from the Fulani?
How wicked.

Also for your information all the southern governors have openly rejected the devlish bill, except the sellout called Rocha's who is trying to impress his political godfathers. But the people have openly rejected all his antics.

Land belongs to the state government so the Aso Rock Fulani agenda won't fly unless my governor and house of assembly agree. For now we're watching them closely and no amount of lobbying will change anything.

If the bill like let it pass ten thousand readings, no land in the south will be given to the invaders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by PapaBrowne(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2016
Your lawyer saw it in your face that you lack knowledge and decided to deceive you.

Let me educate you a bit.

The law of the land puts ownership of the land in the hands of the state government. If you reasoned intelligently you would have understood why the signature on your C of O is that of your governor not that of Mr President. If the Federal Government needs land, it actually has to make a request to the state government which has a choice to approve or not.

By the way, the ijaws are fishermen and their fishing areas have been polluted by oil activities.
Someone is sponsoring a bill very soon asking for the creation of fishing reserves across Nigerian rivers for Ijaw fishermen. ARGUNGU, TIGA, RIVER BENUE and the likes would be reserved for fishing by Ijaw militants.
I hope you will support the bill.

4 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by Aegon(m): 10:00am On Jun 26, 2016
The Igbos are merchants and are involved in the bulk of trading across Nigeria. Will you support a bill to create free trade zones and shopping malls across the 36 states. That the goods to be traded therein be imported free of custom duties and other levies in order to boost business activities across Nigeria?

Half Educated Vuvuzelas.
Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by Luckylife(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2016
Op "A wise Man once said " sometimes when your instincts pushes you towards acting like a nincompoop surprise yourself and say nothing "

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by Bethelwealthy(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2016
........Jamb question!!
Re: Grazing Bill: Who Owns The Lands by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 26, 2016
Aegon:
The Igbos are merchants and are involved in the bulk of trading across Nigeria. Will you support a bill to create free trade zones and shopping malls across the 36 states. That the goods to be traded therein be imported free of custom duties and other levies in order to boost business activities across Nigeria?

Half Educated Vuvuzelas.

I will add. Idiots.

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Lawmakers Back Fayose, Move Sitting To Highway / Charles Okah, writes open letter to Pres. Buhari / PHOTOS: Dr Joe Odumakin Celebrates Her Birthday In School Uniforms With Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.