Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS (28007 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi's Traditional Performance In Washington D.C. Causes Panic - photos / Ooni Ogunwusi At Howard University In Washington DC. Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi Recognized By US Lawmakers At The House Of Reps In Washington (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by safareegurl: 2:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
flyca:

I heard he was a very rich somborri before ascending the throne
even Tony Elumely cannot spend this much time in US in this period of rising dollar

Can you imagine the kind of hotel he and his entourage are lodged in? Can you imagine how much is going into their feeding? When a dollar is 300 naira shocked

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by eitsei(m): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
Osun state civil servants haven't seen salary in ages, yet their Royal father is spending almost a month in US with an entourage. Lord knows how much money has been sunk into this trip

Please, who is funding it?
in your mind now you think the trip is funded by the state government?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Larryfest(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
Enough of all this Ooni pics in US na,its getting boring already...the man sef no wan comot for there again abi weytin?? So much for exporting our culture to people who dnt really need it leaving we that needs it the most gazing at the pics...na wa for our leaders sef
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Larryfest(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
even Tony Elumely cannot spend this much time in US in this period of rising dollar

Can you imagine the kind of hotel he and his entourage are lodged in? Can you imagine how much is going into their feeding? When a dollar is 300 naira shocked
I taya for dis sef,how can he just be touring another man's land for dis long....

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Pyno30: 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ooni of Washington D.C
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by flokii: 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
Love Machine:
Award on which category?

Best dressed monarch (Africa) grin

Very funny

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by safareegurl: 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
eitsei:
in your mind now you think the trip is funded by the state government?
oh, so you're in my mind? Tell me more aboutg the things in m mind oh wise one undecided

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by luckystar30(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
nice man
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by dadaskinn(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
you are so funny......nkan tagba fi pamon sabe ewe, agba loye
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by dokunbam(m): 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2016
gbogbo irunmole in America
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Dezolo(f): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
The traveller.. Should be awarded a nobel prize for travelling/visiting.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by olive282(f): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
He stil de obodo oyibo?....nd is white the only color de re meant to wear?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Omike85(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:
Somebody shud tell DAT oni to come back...he is a king for crying out loud , to much of everything is bad... Did he go for holiday...I am not hating am only given advise
who your advice epp?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by tansho(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2016
Is he Ooni of Ife or Ooni of the world?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by castrokins(m): 3:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
Is It That Ooni's Stool Has Been Relocated To America? His Dancers Performed With Fire At An Art Gallery The Other Day To The Consternation Of Fire Fighters Who Responded To Fire Alarms Only To See Ooni Dancing Along
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Enesi47: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=18pt]So this man doesn't want to return home again?[/size]

All these our traditional rulers spend more time abroad than at home.

Look at the Awujale of Ijebu-Ode, always in his London home.

There is even one Ibo King that rules from Germany where he works as a mechanic...all these spare part boys sef na wa o.

As one guy will always say "Jayeoloba"

lol, bros, you want to kill me laugh here ooooo,happy sunday
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Rossikk(m): 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2016
tansho:
Is he Ooni of Ife or Ooni of the world?
When the queen of England travels, do you ask that question?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by legendte(m): 4:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
Has he cleared his name with EFCC. He is just increasing the economy of US. Yellowbar and owambe.
The only OBA I know is the one from Benin.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by olawonder(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2016
dearsly:
Dear Ajala ONI...the Nation newspaper n other SW blogs n forums tried in reporting ya trips...but if I can't find u on CNN cus u in America den I wanna remind u dat STARS don't struggle to shine!...try go back home n revisit the bush u slept naked for 40 days

undecided undecided undecided undecided
Only the Oni should quote me!...servants back off
yea but how many of Nigerian celebrities' visits (even performing at big events, side by side with big US stars) do we get to see on CNN in d States?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
olawonder:
yea but how many of Nigerian celebrities' visits (even performing at big events, side by side with big US stars) do we get to see on CNN in d States?
cnn is not BET or mtv nah.
Whdn thd ooni returns to ife, he probably would not remember the road that leads to the palace again, and he won't find osun state pleasurable to live in again after tasting america for so long. lol.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Scatterscatter(m): 4:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
I'm here again

Long live the king!
Long live my king!!
Long live the Ooni of Ife!!!

#Ooni's No1 fan
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Deepfreezer(m): 5:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ooni one of America. Ajala Ooni. Well I don't blame you Nigeria is messed up. Enjoy or stay.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Bigchee72: 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ooni is heading back to Nigeria tomorrow.

He's left here with plenty of opportunities of Ife. I'm grateful for this our king.

Now for his newest project in Ife that broke ground last week while he was here.

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by DonBenny77(m): 5:29pm On Jun 26, 2016
Vain things
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 26, 2016
CACAWA:
[size=18pt]So this man doesn't want to return home again?[/size]

All these our traditional rulers spend more time abroad than at home.

Look at the Awujale of Ijebu-Ode, always in his London home.

There is even one Ibo King that rules from Germany where he works as a mechanic...all these spare part boys sef na wa o.

As one guy will always say "Jayeoloba"

Bigchee72:
Ooni is heading back to Nigeria tomorrow.
He's left here with plenty of opportunities of Ife. I'm grateful for this our king.
Now for his newest project in Ife that broke ground last week while he was here.
castrokins:
Is It That Ooni's Stool Has Been Relocated To America? His Dancers Performed With Fire At An Art Gallery The Other Day To The Consternation Of Fire Fighters Who Responded To Fire Alarms Only To See Ooni Dancing Along
Who is paying for this Ooni and his entourage trip?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
I think he was eating.
Ooni doesn't eat in public?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Bigchee72: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ontarget:

Who is paying for this Ooni and his entourage trip?
its coming out of his own pocket
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
safareegurl:
Osun state civil servants haven't seen salary in ages, yet their Royal father is spending almost a month in US with an entourage. Lord knows how much money has been sunk into this trip

Please, who is funding it?

What an irony ?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by PeterKbaba: 6:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
[b]WHAT YOU PEOPLE FAIL TO UNDERSTAND IS WHAT SETS US YORUBA'S APART FROM OTHERS IS WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING.

WE YORUBA'S ARE DEALING IN PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE OF WORLD PEACE, DIALOGUE AND CULTURAL IMPORTANCE!

WE ARE POSITIONING OUR TRIBE (YORUBA CULTURE/RELIGION) AS THE SOLE REPRESENTATIVE OF BLACKS ALL OVER THE WORLD AND WORLD POWERS ARE TAKING NOTE OF ALL THIS.

FIRST MOST WORLD POWER COUNTRIES AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RELIGIOUS FANATICS. ITS ONLY IN YORUBA FAMILY/TRIBE THAT YOU WILL FIND ALL RELIGION GOERS AMONG PARENT AND CHILDREN WITHOUT ONE SINGLE CONFLICT, INFACT! EVERY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY OF DIFFERENT RELIGION GOES FOR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS RELIGIOUS EVENT AS SUPPORT FOR THEIR RELIGION (ONLY AMONG YORUBA'S), A REMEDY TO FUTURE RELIGIOUS WORLD PEACE...

WORLD POWER COUNTRIES ARE ADOPTING YORUBA TEACHING IN THEIR UNIVERSITIES AS A SECOND LANGUAGE FOR BLACKS.

MOST WORLD POWER COUNTRIES ARE SHOWING RECOGNITION TO YORUBA OBA/CULTURE AND ANCIENT HISTORY.

YORUBA RELIGIOUS ELDERS ARE INVITED TO WORLD RELIGIOUS DIALOGUE AS REPRESENTATIVES OF BLACKS (AFRICA).

I DON'T NEED TO TALK TOO MUCH, OR GIVE OUT LOTS OF SECRETS, IM SURE MY YORUBA BROTHERS AND SISTERS CAN UNDERSTAND THE ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE OF ALL THIS POSITIONING WHEN THE SEED GERMINATE AND THE ECONOMIC FRUIT BECOMES RIPE.

WE DON'T NEED OIL & GAS AS RESOURCES (EVEN THOUGH WE HAVE THEM IN YORUBA-LAND), OUR GREATEST RESOURCE IS OUR CULTURE AND OUR ABILITY TO THINK, ASSIMILATE, DIFFERENTIATE AND PLAN FOR THE FUTURE.

WE LEAD! SO OTHERS CAN FOLLOW OUR PATH!

ESHE[/b]
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
I can see Obaloran of Ilode there nice on man
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Receives Award In Washington DC. PICS by RaeMystix: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2016
This Onin hasn't left yet? angry[size=8pt][/size]

Igbo Stereotypes / World’s Second-longest Ruling Monarch Is Nigerian / Oba Of Lagos Recieves Emir Of Kano HRH S. Lamido Sanusi. PICS.