Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,591 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. (620 Views)

Buhari Will Run For President In 2019, 2023 Igbo Presidency Will Unite Nigeria / Southeast Political Caucus Free Kanu To Unite Nigeria / Orji Uzor Kalu To Igbos: "Forget Biafra And Unite With Nigeria", Igbos Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by imagrg(m): 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
The unity of this country must not be jeopardized by selfish interest and malicious tribal sentiment. Let us come together at a round table conference and redefine our statehood status. Let's device a new government system that would favour the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. The people indeed lack sufficient attention from the government. Let us be reasonable please. And to the militants, stop putting the lives of the ordinary people at risk. War is not the answer to your struggle; dialogue is. War can generate serious social and economic problems for the people of Niger Delta. It can even lead to the death of your loved ones. Your efforts may even be in vain. Those asking for war did not witness the genocide that heralded the Nigeria Civil war. Please, we seek a peaceful and united Nigeria!
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by molydonhenry(m): 7:57pm On Jun 26, 2016
In Nigeria's case, unity has done more harm than good.
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by Achuwa1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Nobody is going to live on earth forever & stop saying ppl didn't witness the civil war coz many tht were there during the war are still alive.
Nigeria as a country expired 2014 & notn gud has come out this unholy union called Nigeria .

2 Likes

Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
imagrg:
[s]The unity of this country must not be jeopardized by selfish interest and malicious tribal sentiment. Let us come together at a round table conference and redefine our statehood status. Let's device a new government system that would favour the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. The people indeed lack sufficient attention from the government. Let us be reasonable please. And to the militants, stop putting the lives of the ordinary people at risk. War is not the answer to your struggle; dialogue is. War can generate serious social and economic problems for the people of Niger Delta. It can even lead to the death of your loved ones. Your efforts may even be in vain. Those asking for war did not witness the genocide that heralded the Nigeria Civil war. Please, we seek a peaceful and united Nigeria![/s]

The problem with Nigeria is you yorubaa. You people have no conscience unless you people are threatened. As long as others are threatened, affected, you people don't give a damn. I'll support One Nigeria, if Lagos Ports are closed down and Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri and Onitsha are opened. Yorubas can drive all the way from Lagos to the East to clear their goods. I'll support One Nigeria when Lagos Airport is closed or given minimum status and Enugu, Port Harcourt, Asaba, Owerri, Calabar, Uyo are opened to function in the capacity that Lagos is functioning now. So that Yorubas can fly to the East first just to travel around the world. Also when they are flying into the country, they will fly first to the East before connecting flights to SW.

All these mentioned above is the evil SS and SE are suffering; have been suffering for over 50 yrs, and yorubas think it's normal. THEY HAVE ZERO CONSCIENCE!

4 Likes

Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by imagrg(m): 9:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Intellect20:

The problem with Nigeria is you yorubaa. You people have no conscience unless you people are threatened. As long as others are threatened, affected, you people don't give a damn. I'll support One Nigeria, if Lagos Ports are closed down and Calabar, Port Harcourt, Warri and Onitsha are opened. Yorubas can drive all the way from Lagos to the East to clear their goods. I'll support One Nigeria when Lagos Airport is closed or given minimum status and Enugu, Port Harcourt, Asaba, Owerri, Calabar, Uyo are opened to function in the capacity that Lagos is functioning now. So that Yorubas can fly to the East first just to travel around the world. Also when they are flying into the country, they will fly first to the East before connecting flights to SW.

All these mentioned above is the evil SS and SE are suffering; have been suffering for over 50 yrs, and yorubas think it's normal. THEY HAVE ZERO CONSCIENCE!
It irks me to think that some Nigerians are still tribal conscious. I'm not even a Yoruba. I'm from the Niger Delta region. We have lived together in peace with various tribal groups for years. Why do you wish to truncate the peace and unity that exists between us. Sometimes I begin to wonder if the average Nigerians still have the iota of Godliness that qualifies us as true Christians who seek peace. Many talk about war as if taking human life doesn't matter to them anymore. Has satan taken over your hearts that you seek to take the life of a fellow human being. Why do you go to church when you cannot seek peaceful means of resolving such a sensitive issue? War is not the answer; peaceful agitation is. The Syria and Somalia experience is a sorry situation. Put away acrimony. The bad governance in the country is what is aiding the people's frustration. Let us trade words with the government and live the country a one United Nation.
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by MirabelArode(f): 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
I thought we yoruba love One nigeria? We yoruba want to hold hands with Ibo and SS that we hate in the spirit of 'One Oilgeria'.

Willibounce1 come let holds and promote unity so that oil from another person's land can keep flowing peacefully. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by imagrg(m): 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
Intellect20:

I am not a Yoruba. I am from the Niger Delta and I am not as tribal conscious as you are. Anything can be located at a place of convinience in Nigeria. Tribal sentiment breeds hatred and disunity in a country. Be Godly and shun anything that may involve the loss of human lives.
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by huptin(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
Intellect20:

In order words you think that it is only by stopping other people from progressing that you can progress? Very instructive.
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by imagrg(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Achuwa1:
Nobody is going to live on earth forever & stop saying ppl didn't witness the civil war coz many tht were there during the war are still alive.
Nigeria as a country expired 2014 & notn gud has come out this unholy union called Nigeria .
Please shun being materialistic and selfish. Nigeria is united and peace-loving. Let us call for the implementation of the resolution reached at the recently concluded National Conference and not seek the option of war and sectionalism
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by imagrg(m): 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
imagrg:
Please shun being materialistic and selfish. Nigeria is united and peace-loving. Let us call for the implementation of the resolution reached at the recently concluded National Conference and not seek the option of war and sectionalism
Re: Please, Let's Help Unite Nigeria. by dialfa: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
An exercise in futility

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Sovereignty Is Negotiable-Reactions needed / ****, / Six Killed In Suicide Attack At Mosque In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.