Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Info About Arik Air Anyone? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Info About Arik Air Anyone? (862 Views)

Arik Air Shuts Down As Unions Protest N12.4bn Debt It Owed FAAN / My Near Crash Experience With Arik Air Yesterday / Man Prevents Arik Air From Taking Off In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Info About Arik Air Anyone? by toytola(m): 2:50am On Sep 04, 2009
Ok, call me paranoid but i think i'll rather be safe than sorry before i book my flights, with the complaints coming in about bellview (or maybe hellview) - i think i need all the information i can get about Arik Air - Everything, the whole nine yards!!, the plane (what type), Hostesses,Food,Seating arrangement (i hope they dont have a "free for all" like Bellview), etc. undecided, as long as you taken an Arik Air flight, holla me back
Re: Info About Arik Air Anyone? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2009
toytola:

Ok, call me paranoid but i think i'll rather be safe than sorry before i book my flights, with the complaints coming in about bellview (or maybe hellview) - i think i need all the information i can get about Arik Air - Everything, the whole nine yards!!, the plane (what type), Hostesses,Food,Seating arrangement (i hope they dont have a "free for all" like Bellview), etc. undecided, as long as you taken an Arik Air flight, holla me back

All I can say is that Arik air is the best direct flight you can get between Lagos and London for now!!

I have flown them three times!! The last time my husband flew Virgin atlantic, he was regretting not flying Arik.

New planes, Great leg room space, good food and lots of extras if you want (wine, juice etc), smooth flight, nice entertainment, hostesses are nice and always ready to help, You know how nigerians are when we start something newly.

As par sitting arrangement, i think it's a general Nigerian disease, the last time I was to fly, I got to my sit and a woman was there with her son. She insisted her son wanted to sit by the window.I decided to let go and sat just behind them. The original owners of my own sit came and I had to stand up, by that time, the other woman that was to sit beside me came and insisted we must sit on our seats. This woman and her son refused to stand up, it took an air stewardess to plead with them to get up and promised the son a window sit. Nigerians can be generally unruly!!

For now they are really good and you get 60kg baggage allowance!! Might not matter to you sha cos you are a man grin
Re: Info About Arik Air Anyone? by toytola(m): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2009
LOL - Thanks, sounds interesting, New planes, great leg room, i think Arik air finally got my attention!!. cool, 60kg of luggage shocked, i think i better start packing my bags then.
Re: Info About Arik Air Anyone? by candylips(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2009
great i will try them in my next flight
Re: Info About Arik Air Anyone? by Sonye(f): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2009
My cousin flew arik air from london. she said it was very cool. enough leg space. good customer service, neat too. but the only down side is that they don't sell duty free stuff on the plane like others do. so you might just want to buy all you wish to buy at the airport.
Re: Info About Arik Air Anyone? by candylips(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2009
that is not really a problem i think
Re: Info About Arik Air Anyone? by JJM(f): 11:55am On Oct 02, 2009
Not too bothered about Duty free on board. I have never bought duty free on-board any flight anyways. Much rather buy in world duty free before boarding.

Thanks for the feedback.

(1) (Reply)

Immigration Ban Of 10 Years / Calabar Christmas Children's Carnival 2010. Twas A Blast! / Nigerians In Cyprus Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.