Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos (19852 Views)

Man Rapes A 3-Year-Old Girl With Engine Oil In Ondo (Photo) / Enugu Fake Beggar Who Deceives People With Cotton Wool & Engine Oil Disgraced / Customs Intercept 2 Dangote Trucks Filled With 365 Bags Of Fake Rice(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by gulfer: 6:53am On Jun 27, 2016
Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps have arrested four school-leavers for allegedly producing adulterated engine oil.

The suspects, John Ibem, Lawrence Frank, Agu Ndubuisi and Samuel Chukwuonye, were paraded on Friday at the Lagos State Command of the NSCDC in Ikeja.

It was learnt that they were apprehended on Thursday at a factory on Marine Bridge Street, Apapa, where the lubricant was produced in large quantity.

The factory owner, identified simply as Emeka, took to his heels and was still at large as of the time of filing this report.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the suspects branded the counterfeit product in the name of a leading lubricant producer in the country in order to deceive unsuspecting members of the public.

Five jerrycans containing the counterfeit product and a bucket of gum used in the factory were said to have been recovered by the security operatives.

However, the suspects did not disclose the price at which they sold a jerrycan of the adulterated lubricant.

It was learnt that same quantity of the original engine oil was sold for N5,000.

Ndubuisi, 19, who hails from Ebonyi State, said five drums of the counterfeit oil with 250 litres each were produced daily at the factory.

The teenager, who said he was paid N8,000 per week, added that he wanted to use his wages to fund his higher education.

He said, “I am one of the manufacturers at the factory. We produce about five drums per day. The oil is packaged inside four-litre jerrycans. But I don’t know the price for each. It is our boss, Emeka, that markets the product. He does not disclose the price to us. He gives me N8,000 per week. I just finished my secondary school and I intend to continue my education.”

Twenty-three-year-old Chukwuonye from Anambra State said he did not know the factory produced adulterated engine oil until he was arrested.

“I was arrested the first day I worked with them,” he added.

Ibem, an indigene of Abia State, who regretted working at the factory, said his role was to package the oil into jerrycans in readiness for sale.

He said, “I joined the factory in February 2015. I collected N8,000 per week. My work is to package the oil for sale but it is our boss that takes it to the market.”

Twenty-three-year-old Frank, said, “My duty is to load the product inside buses for it to be taken to the market. But I don’t know where it is sold. I know it is adulterated. It was joblessness that made me join the factory. I just finished from secondary school last year.”

Two other suspects – 50-year-old Kehinde Atanda and Johnson Uche, 25, – were also paraded on Friday for alleged adulteration and illegal dealing in oil.

But Atanda, who hails from Kwara State, said, “I sell oil in Apapa. I normally buy remnants of oil in Apapa and I give it to Uche to help me filter it. I have been doing the business for seven years. I wanted to collect the refined oil from him when I was arrested.”

Uche, 25, confirmed to our correspondent that he assisted Atanda to filter the alleged remnants of oil.

The Commandant, NSCDC, Lagos Command, Tajudeen Balogun, said his men swooped on the suspects based on intelligence report, adding that they would face the full weight of the law to serve as a deterrent to others.

He said, “They were caught where they were doing illegal mixing. The oil can destroy car engines. A laboratory test is ongoing on the product in order to confirm its counterfeit nature and to serve as evidence against them.”
http://punchng.com/school-leavers-arrested-for-producing-fake-engine-oil/

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 27, 2016
No wonder car engine dey knock quick these days.

17 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by brightology3: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Just negode

1 Like

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by marsoden: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Reporting for the Name checkers association! Obudu branch

42 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by ITbomb(m): 6:59am On Jun 27, 2016
In saner lands those guys' skills would have been harness for good works

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by mrvitalis(m): 7:01am On Jun 27, 2016
This is bad and there is no excuse for criminality... if u want to be an entrepreneur be an entrepreneur with clean hands...
Why didn't they produce the regular unbranded oil we buy at the road side??
They wanted to decive people and make more gain... That's bad...
Let them face the law... They workers may be pardoned but the chief architect should fave the music

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 27, 2016
So they will go to jail abi?

A country that does appreciate talent.

If its easy to manufacture "fake oil" try yours and see.

Am sure these dudes have not seen the 4 walls of a university yet they can produce engine oil.

Our so called engineers, this is a challenge for you all.

10 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 27, 2016
Such people should be encouraged and sponsored by the Government or companies to improve on their talent and later on employed to produce quality stuff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Sealeddeal(m): 7:16am On Jun 27, 2016
how did NSCDC know that the Engine Oil is fake?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by psucc(m): 7:23am On Jun 27, 2016
Why would this country continue to waste talents, for God's sake.

Why not cluster these 'criminals' and harness these ideas into ventures that will benefit the nation.

Even though their produce is fake, I bet it will be of high quality than the so-called original.
Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 27, 2016
Lalasticlala take note, an opener for car owners.
Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Tunechi1(m): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2016
kenkenn:

Am sure these dudes have not seen the 4 walls of a university yet they can produce engine oil.

seconded

3 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by lovat(m): 7:35am On Jun 27, 2016
Punch knows how to promote tribalism like there is no tomorrow. Some idiotts accuse Vanguard of reporting IPOB and NDA actions forgetting that Punch built its media empire through promotion of tribalism and been a sycophant like the Alafin picture they published yday trying to shake Aishaliburton hands whereas the last picture which showed that our bleaching Alafin really shook Aishaliburton hands wasn't posted.

This igbo boys[i] na wa for una ooi[/i]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by DaBullIT(m): 8:14am On Jun 27, 2016
They messed up their hometowns

Now they are trying to mess up Lagos

Name checkers association , with pleasure i announce to you that Nna na Dem again

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
They messed up their hometowns

Now they are trying to mess up Lagos

Name checkers association , with pleasure i announce to you that Nna na Dem again

But they own Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 27, 2016
There is no talent in destroying someone else's brand.
If you have a product that is actually good, and not rubbish, you will brand it and sell it.

These greedy criminals are destroying people's cars by selling oil that is not to spec

As usual, the 4x4 illiterates who deal in pieces are on the thread to postulate that some roadside warehouse can somehow blend world class engine oil with their 'talent'.

Those thieves are selling base oil. I hope total also deals with them further.

It is the same way the lady in kano died due to adulterated Sept rin.

MadCow1 this is for you. grin
Name checking completed, suspects verified , submitted for further processing. grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by facelessangel: 9:56am On Jun 27, 2016
At least it better than ritual killing

2 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by MadCow1: 9:57am On Jun 27, 2016
kenkenn:

You sound like an E-gbo Smoker..

So your point is that they should be appreciated for making fake Engine Oil to sold to unsuspecting Road users that will knock their engines. angry angry angry angry angry angry Thats like saying we should appreciate a criminal who breaks padlocks to rob people because breaking Padlocks must be a skill.. angry

In case you think its rocket science, all they do is go buy regular oil (which is readily available and sold on almost every street in Nigeria) and pour it into brand containers like Total Lube, Mobil, e.t.c. Any criminal minded fellow can do it.

The fact that they have not seen the 4 Walls of a University does not mean you should encourage criminality.

Our Engineers are busy building and designing Oil Platforms, fixing and maintaining Aircraft's, fixing automobiles, constructing and Fabricating Equipment, installing and Maintaining heavy Machinery, Building Roads and Bridges, Constructing High Risers, e.t.c. Our Engineers are not busy making Fake Engine Oil to sell to unsuspecting Buyers.

You better go and find better handwork to do o!! Be looking for who will appreciate your criminality. angry

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by 989900: 10:29am On Jun 27, 2016
The possibility the poster above me described, is a likely scenario.

OTOH, there is a technology that gets things done too . . . it is accepted in other countries, and the quality is good.

Their most obvious crime here is, counterfeiting (selling their own oil in another company's container and brand name)!

2 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by RichYoungNigger(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2016
35 year old Olatunde Olanikpu and 50 year old Olalibe Olakankita

4 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Dottore: 10:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Na wao
Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Dragonking: 10:39am On Jun 27, 2016
Thank God.. At least our cars no go knock again.
Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by wellmax(m): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2016
Wicked Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by ALAYORMII: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2016
Who dem bi where dem dey
Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by disloman(m): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2016
Names Checker!Pls help to understand where those suspects came from. #runaway#

3 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by wellmax(m): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2016
facelessangel:
At least it better than ritual killing

Can you imagine the nonsense you are spewing out. This a a serious crime, and can lead to loss of lives if used on vehicles.

10 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by Angelb4: 10:42am On Jun 27, 2016
Didn't read the write up, but they will come from the IPOB town. Very sure of that...

12 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by daytor76(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2016
Nice job NSCDC keep it up guys

2 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by DaBullIT(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Yeah rite
opal4real:

But they own Lagos.
Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by wellmax(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Sealeddeal:
how did NSCDC know that the Engine Oil is fake?

Because they are not dumbass like you

18 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by AreaFada2: 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
Name checkers neutralised. Brilliant! grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Producers Of Fake Engine Oil Arrested In Lagos by wellmax(m): 10:43am On Jun 27, 2016
kenkenn:
Such people should be encouraged and sponsored by the Government or companies to improve on their talent and later on employed to produce quality stuff

Yeye, encouraged to adulterate products abi? How you people think adulteration is ingenuity baffles me.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping 50 People By Posing As Americans / Police Boss Warns Officers Against Checking People's Phones / Woman Caught Stealing Baby Diapers And Wipes, In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.