Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Procrastination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Procrastination (255 Views)

The Tragedy Of Procrastination (episode 1) / How Procrastination Can Hinder Your Success / Procrastination Is The Silent Dream Killer.satan Is Making Us Procrastine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Procrastination by yommyuk: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2016
I have observed that in areas like praying, tithing and daily Bible reading, most Christians in these regards are doing ok. However, there are some areas where a high proportion seems to be slacking. Areas like serving in the church, sharing our faith and surrendering our will to the Lord. It is called Procrastination (i.e. Deferring, postponing, delaying and putting off our spiritual calling)

Some of the reason behind these are lack of commitment, the feeling of inadequacy, insecurity, fear of the unknown which leads to inactivity in key areas of our spiritual calling. We are called to go out into the world and spread the gospel.

It may seem challenging at first, but we got to have the mind-set and heart that says “God have your way”. True submission says, “Lord, I am willing to do whatever You want in this situation. I will obey Your Word.”

The Lord has asked us to be His ambassadors, who represent Him to a hurting world according to His plan and timetable (2 Cor. 5:20). Therefore, procrastination has no place in the life of a believer. Which areas of your life does this bring to mind?

Proverbs 13:4
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.

Proverbs 12:24
The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labour.

Ephesians 5:15-17
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

Spiritual Digest For The Day 12th Of July 2016 / End Time Reflections / No subject

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.